Do any of you guys play any sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you guys play any sports?

I play football for a local team in this city at WR/KR and Kicker.

Absolutely love it, if I didn't I wouldn't be getting up at 10am most Sunday for a 30-40 minute drive to play in the freezing cold. Most of our away games are usually a 3 or 4 hours drive, sometimes more depending on how far south we have to go. We went to London a couple of times and that took about 9 hours (with a half an hour stop).

Used to play as a goalie for a team at soccer, but I got bored of it and stopped going, plus the team decided practicing on a Friday night was the way ahead.

Wait maybe I'm confused a little. What do you mean you play for a local team? I understand it's prob different in Scotland than the US. Are you in HS? If so there are no HS teams, just "local" teams? Explain please
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I played volleyball in high school 2 years varsity. Went to NYS finals my senior year and lost, still best sporting experience in my life. Played 4 years of college ball at Siena starting Libero...look it up. No NCAA's just competitive club. I'm still playing, but its more recreational at best. Hard to commit a lot of time with starting a career and all. Plus I want my nights back for other things.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
        Wait maybe I'm confused a little. What do you mean you play for a local team? I understand it's prob different in Scotland than the US. Are you in HS? If so there are no HS teams, just "local" teams? Explain please
        There isn't a school sports system here, so basically all teams are independently run in independent run leagues.

Comment

I used to swim for my high school and at Penn State. I used to play basketball in a local league.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Back in school I played Basketball, Volleyball, and Soccer. I have played soccer my whole life with most of my teammates going pro while I chose to get a job... Bad move on my part
            Check out my new site Today!
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Pro? MLS? Who?

Comment

I used to row quite seriously, but lately have been reduced to playing the odd game of rugby and skiing whenever I'm near snow. I'll be back in Colorado in a week, so bring it on!

Comment

i would give my left arm to be able to play organized football again. of course, that might be counter-productive...hmmm.

Comment

unless you were a Kicker. Not a punter need to hold that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                      I play football for a local team in this city at WR/KR and Kicker.

Absolutely love it, if I didn't I wouldn't be getting up at 10am most Sunday for a 30-40 minute drive to play in the freezing cold. Most of our away games are usually a 3 or 4 hours drive, sometimes more depending on how far south we have to go. We went to London a couple of times and that took about 9 hours (with a half an hour stop).

Used to play as a goalie for a team at soccer, but I got bored of it and stopped going, plus the team decided practicing on a Friday night was the way ahead.
                      I couldn't get enough playing until we started haaving kids. I'd play hockey all night on Saturday's, and play on 3softball teams in the summer. Got into long distance bicycling (700-800 mile trips) then got in to marathoning.

15 years later I'm old, fat, and my knees aren't worth a darn. Wouldn't have traded it all for anything!!!

Comment

I played Saftey in highschool and I'll be playing again in college. I might go to a junior college and then try to transfer to Colorado State. I haven't decided yet.

I'm my schools record holder in the highjump (6'5") but also ran the 100 meters and did long jump.

I played basketball and started at center in middle school, but when I continued to play in highschool I was to small to be a big man so I stopped playing.

I've always dabbled in baseball.

I've been boxing year-round for 6 years.

Comment

I'm not even going to compare my current-day athletic exploits (at 35) with some of you young guys, but I do think this is an interesting thread.

I've been playing slow-pitch softball (co-ed and men's) for probably 8 years now.

Just started playing in an Ultimate Frisbee league earlier this month.

Play a ****load of golf whenever I get a chance.

Annnd, that's about it.

As far as "glory days", I wasn't much of an athlete in my high school and college days. I got started in athletic training in high school, and studied sportsmedicine some in college, where I worked as a trainer as well.

My claim-to-fame is that I was a trainer with the Odessa Permian (TX) football team, back in the glory days (I graduated in '90). I was there when the guy was writing the Friday Night Lights book, and I show up in the DVD extras more than a few times.

Growing up in Odessa, it was nice to see the movie finally get made (they had been talking about being in the works since '91, right after the book came out). At one time, Ron Howard was on board to direct, but that just petered out for one reason or another.

Comment

I played soccer and hockey.
                            Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
                            2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
                            2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
                            3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
                            3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
                            4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              My claim-to-fame is that I was a trainer with the Odessa Permian (TX) football team, back in the glory days (I graduated in '90). I was there when the guy was writing the Friday Night Lights book, and I show up in the DVD extras more than a few times.
                              That is really cool! Odessa must be a great place to be in the fall.

[purposely not declaring my sports career (or lack thereof)]

Comment

Working...
                              X