This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter???

I'm guessing you put this together being you're doing the trade approvals, etc.

A few questions..

1-Will there be a FA signing period and/or player re-signing period?
    2-Will there be a thread noting the rules etc?

Thanks...just trying to play catchup
    Last edited by RaidaNation; 01-03-2008, 12:09 AM.

bump

Comment

I will make a thread noting the rules, but I have no idea how we'd do a free-agent signing period. Any ideas?
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

We shouldnt
        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I agree with regoob2. If we did a signing period certain teams would come out stacked. We should just do trades and then the draft

Comment

How would the player agree there is no player. Is one guy gonna give a longer contract, compared to another guy giving a bigger signing bonus, or another guy gives a more incentive based contract, or maybe the player wants to play for a certain team? who knows.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

yeah just do another mock draft after the actual FA flush.

Comment

Agreed.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I think doing FA would be fun but hard to do.

Comment

yeah because all the really good guys would want to play in GB so nobody else would have a chance at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                      I will make a thread noting the rules, but I have no idea how we'd do a free-agent signing period. Any ideas?
                      I was involved in a mock last year & we did a FA signing period.Basically we went w/ who signed what player to the better contracts.Just like the NFL.However, once a team was rewarded that player, it reduced their cap rm.Once their money was dried up, they couldn't sign anyone else.We could also combine a certain amount of signings allowed.

IE- each team would only be able to sign 4 or 5 FA's.

We also we're able to re-sign our own players, which counted against our cap.BUT we were NOT allowed to then trade that player we just re-signed.It does get tricky but it can be done.We also,listed like 3-4 positions at a time for the UFA signing period.
                      Last edited by RaidaNation; 01-03-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I could handle a FA signing period.

Comment

Working...
                        X