Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there trades with no Draft Picks involved?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are there trades with no Draft Picks involved?

I dont see why people are making trades that do not affect the draft? I understand They may want to clear space for wanted players but couldnt they include a late rounder in there. I just don't get it. It's a draft not a season, which would be interresting.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Most trades have included draft picks. As for strictly picks for picks... I'm assuming they will occur more often during the draft.

Comment

Yea when the draft is going on you will see more of the moving up and moving down... No sense in trying to move up right now when you have no idea if they player you want will be there or not.

Comment

That's why I didn't bother listing them.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Yea they do say I didn't get Llyod, I might have drafted a WR in the 4th.

Comment

I have accepted a deal to get me the #5 pick. Once that GM accepts I may try to move up again. There is one player I think can improve the Browns ten fold and want him badly. If I cant get him after my 5 hard days of negotiations then I may trade down before my pick comes.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Because if we can fill needs it alters our draft strategy. Plus if you have a player you are targeting but you don't have a need for him you can trade a player at that position, acquire a pick(s) or player(s), and make your team better through the trade and draft.
              Last edited by Matt McGuire; 01-05-2008, 03:54 PM.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Because if we can fill needs it alters our draft strategy. Plus if you have a player you are targeting but you don't have a need for him you can trade a player at that position, acquire a pick(s) or player(s), and make your team better through the draft.
                But I said why make trades that have nothing to do with picks. So...okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                  But I said why make trades that have nothing to do with picks. So...okay?
                  I thought I answered that question...did I?

Comment

I think he's saying why trade player for only player.
                    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Yeah I thought I answered that.

Comment

I think he's saying its unrealistic that teams trade player for only player. I disagree, Again LOL.
                        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Matt knows what he is talking about. At least, that's how i thought when I aquired Toomer to the Dolphins.
                          Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

My 1 & only trade did consist of a draft pick & a player for a player.

Comment

Im not saying that. Damn Ive been Sorting through mom's pictures for 6 hours. Ask me later.

Comment

Working...
                              X