Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are some things we've learned for the next draft?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are some things we've learned for the next draft?

Some things I noticed,

1: 2hr time limit is too much..
    My opinion: On the weekends it needs to be cut to a half an hour and then shortened 5 minutes per round.... On Weekdays, up it to an hour or 2 and have the top 5 ready just in case they can't pick.

2: People not showing up is a huge problem.

My opinion: Get a draft lead for each division that can make the pick for the teams in their division in case of a no show. This will relieve Walter of some stress too.

3: Trades are good and bad: It is a lot of work for Walt to keep up with all the trades. I know it keeps the draft realistic but we need to keep the trades realistic and put a cap on trading. (as we discussed)

I know i'm missing some things but I think there are about 8-10 people that take this seriously and some others who are less serious about it. I'm all about getting it done as fast and efficiently as possible so we can do more during the off season. I know we're all busy but I'm in the military full time, go to college full time and have a family so if I can make it to my pick in a timely manner, I don't see why others can't do the same.

Sorry if i'm being too brash but this process won't change if we don't get to the root of the problems... Does anyone else have any constructive insight they can lend?

well i agree. we're all busy but if we're prepared it shouldn't take too much time devotion, like you said. i take that back.. i'm not busy, and pretty sure matt isn't too busy either.. but a lot of other people are.

Comment

Trades are easy to keep up with imo (I ran 1 of these the last 2 years)

Comment

People not showing up didn't surprise me at all...people who have never been on the forums before come out of the woodwork.

For the next big forum mock (not the next one for picks only) we should have GMs and Assistant GMs to make picks if the GM of that team is not here.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          People not showing up didn't surprise me at all...people who have never been on the forums before come out of the woodwork.

For the next big forum mock (not the next one for picks only) we should have GMs and Assistant GMs to make picks if the GM of that team is not here.
          Agree but you really think there will be 64 poeple that post a lot? I don't think this year. Maybe next.

Comment

This is a great idea, I'd be ready to do it. As Bills sais though, we need more people, we barely have enough for 1 GM per team.
            PATS, HABS and YANKS for life!

Comment

we're all fans of football, not just our teams. I'd be willing to take on 3-4 teams..

Comment

an assistan gm for 1 team could still be a Gm for another, i dont think it matters.
                Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                  Agree but you really think there will be 64 poeple that post a lot? I don't think this year. Maybe next.
                  Why not have a GM of one team be the assistant GM in another team?
                  Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Thanks for reinforcing my suggestion leo lol.
                    Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

I mean our forum isn't that big to begin with....it is getting there.

To expect 32 teams represented proudly is an unrealistic expectation. Closer to the draft definately but now...just hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
                        Why not have a GM of one team be the assistant GM in another team?
                        Okay say the GM tells his assistant he is going to take Joe Jolts at 20, the assistant GM likes Joe too but his team picks at 21, so he trades up and picks Jolts.

Comment

Have assistants but those assistants can't be on other teams....that's what I was saying.

Comment

Have assistants but those assistants can't be on other teams....that's what I was saying.
                            Agree

Comment

the hour time limit is perfect IMO. other than that I agree.

Founder of ScarDraft
                              Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Working...
                              X