This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting This Right

You know, Walter being the only one running this mock and one or two people at most trying to help until he asked for more is what made this draft so d*mn chaotic at times to begin with. Moderators are needed and decisions should be polled so Walter can document it and have a firm set of guidelines set for the next one. If this is going to go off smoothly we need to start now to help get this right.

1) A trade thread is already up and getting votes. However I feel trades that are insane (where people trade young stars or team's futures for ungodly amount of picks) should be voted on by MODERATORS to decide whether they should be accepted or not.

2) Poll should be done on weather to allow Restricted Free Agents to be signed by other teams with componsation.

3) A better time limit rule is needed. 2 hours is too long.

Recomendation: One hour between picks on weekends starting around noon or one and on weekdays an hour starting around 6 with the 5 top picks PMed to a moderator if the person can't make it. To give people extra encentive to be here it should be like the regular draft and the pick should be skipped until the GM of said team shows up. As of now if someone misses and doesn't PM their 5 top guys they know their team will still get a player of need, need to stop th.at. They are GM's here so make them take responsibility.

4) Rounds. I want to go 7 Rounds to make it as realistic as possoble and be accurately graded for my draft. Some want to go 5 Rounds, others 4 Rounds, others 3 Rounds. Hell, we need to know what we are preparing for.

5) Teams. Instead of starting from scratch the GM's of this draft should be PMed and given the option to keep their teams. If the teams are renounced or there is no answer to the PM within 48 hours the team is put up for grabs. However there should be a poll on this as well because the majority might like the way it is being done. We don't know for sure.

Those are 5 of the top problems besides GM's leaving in the middle of the draft. These all need Polls that Walter can document and then a Mod can post everything a week or 2 before the draft is held so we can figure out what we want to do and give the others time to componsate before the draft.

I seriously hope this is taken seriously and this is done so we can be more organized and ready for the next draft.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

I think the next forum mock will be a no-trade one...we just start off immediatley and make picks with a one/two sentence analysis so he can post it on the home page.

JP and I are on the same page with everything he is saying...but no trades. KISS
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
      You know, Walter being the only one running this mock and one or two people at most trying to help until he asked for more is what made this draft so d*mn chaotic at times to begin with. Moderators are needed and decisions should be polled so Walter can document it and have a firm set of guidelines set for the next one. If this is going to go off smoothly we need to start now to help get this right.

1) A trade thread is already up and getting votes. However I feel trades that are insane (where people trade young stars or team's futures for ungodly amount of picks) should be voted on by MODERATORS to decide whether they should be accepted or not.

Do you honestly think the other GMs would like that?

2) Poll should be done on weather to allow Restricted Free Agents to be signed by other teams with componsation.

I'll set one up, but I say yes.

3) A better time limit rule is needed. 2 hours is too long.

Recomendation: One hour between picks on weekends starting around noon or one and on weekdays an hour starting around 6 with the 5 top picks PMed to a moderator if the person can't make it. To give people extra encentive to be here it should be like the regular draft and the pick should be skipped until the GM of said team shows up. As of now if someone misses and doesn't PM their 5 top guys they know their team will still get a player of need, need to stop th.at. They are GM's here so make them take responsibility.

The problem with lowering the time limit is it is a double-edged sword. On one hand, some people may be more interested. On the other, more people will miss their picks

4) Rounds. I want to go 7 Rounds to make it as realistic as possoble and be accurately graded for my draft. Some want to go 5 Rounds, others 4 Rounds, others 3 Rounds. Hell, we need to know what we are preparing for.

[B]I too want 7 rounds. The only reason this one isn't going 7 is because no one cares about it any more.

5) Teams. Instead of starting from scratch the GM's of this draft should be PMed and given the option to keep their teams. If the teams are renounced or there is no answer to the PM within 48 hours the team is put up for grabs. However there should be a poll on this as well because the majority might like the way it is being done. We don't know for sure.

So far there has been a changes, and a big cycle. PManningfan102 took the Raiders, who were vacant. NNC took CHI, so James22 took HOU. Then regoob2 was not angry when he had to take SD.

Those are 5 of the top problems besides GM's leaving in the middle of the draft. These all need Polls that Walter can document and then a Mod can post everything a week or 2 before the draft is held so we can figure out what we want to do and give the others time to componsate before the draft.

I seriously hope this is taken seriously and this is done so we can be more organized and ready for the next draft.
      The main question is: when is the next draft?

Comment

I don't care what the rules are as long as I know them ALL before hand and they don't change.
        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          I think the next forum mock will be a no-trade one...we just start off immediatley and make picks with a one/two sentence analysis so he can post it on the home page.

JP and I are on the same page with everything he is saying...but no trades. KISS
          I'm fine with no-trade, as long as we have good rules regarding time limits, assistant GMs, etc.

Comment

Our next draft should be right after the Combine.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I agree with Matt - no trades, one-two sentence explanations. KISS
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I'm fine with after the combine. I think we should make a new sub-forum for the next forum mock.

Comment

the only trade idea i had was what about the players who are rumored. like javon walker, bobby carpenter, junius coston, etc. i have no strong opinion either way but feel this should be considered.

Comment

The rumored players being traded is OK. Some of them probably will be traded.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                      I'm fine with after the combine. I think we should make a new sub-forum for the next forum mock.
                      I say just delete all the threads for this forum mock and start over.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Comment

No, I think they should be around for archival purposes.

Comment

that's what she said.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                              that's what she said.
                              She? Starqb, who are you referring to?

Comment

Working...
                              X