This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Formal Forum Draft Back

Ok guys here's what I'm thinking. I did some research after remembering that compensatory picks were not factored in yet. Well let's start there, as a refresher, here is what they are:

"In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of up to 32 picks dispersed at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft.

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft."

Compensatory picks will be awarded this year at the annual meeting which runs Sunday, March 30-Thursday, April 3 at Palm Beach, FL. I'm not sure what day the public will get to know what the compensatory picks are, but I'm thinking that it might be a few days into April.

Right now the mock is scheduled for 4/1. So my proposal is that we move this mock draft back a few days to account for the extra 32 picks are whatever that will actually happen.

This is my proposal only if Walter is interested. If not the way we have it is fine. I am trying to add a little more realism to it.

Feedback appreciated.
    Yay
    42.11%
    Nay
    31.58%
    Whatever Walter Wants
    26.32%

The poll is expired.

WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Yeah, I think moving the mock back two or three days or so wouldn't hurt. Nice thinking.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Yay
      Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
      Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
      Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
      Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
      Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
      Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
      Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
      Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

Well it would only hurt tradeds so I say you can pick on the 1st but don't have to, so you won't be OTC.

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
          Well it would only hurt tradeds so I say you can pick on the 1st but don't have to, so you won't be OTC.
          There are no trades in this one. But I actually like what your saying. The compensatory picks really won't effect anything until the end of the 3rd round. It will probably take a few days to get that far anyway.

So you know what, we can start on 4/1 and likely be fine. For whatever reason we speed through this before the compensatory picks are announced we can take OTC away until they are.

Lol I'm back to wanting to start on the 1st.

I like how I started at point A and wound up back at point A at the end, lol.

Comment

also, isn't the USC pro day in the beginning of april? not that it makes a huge diff, but may as well let them finish up.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
              There are no trades in this one. But I actually like what your saying. The compensatory picks really won't effect anything until the end of the 3rd round. It will probably take a few days to get that far anyway.

So you know what, we can start on 4/1 and likely be fine. For whatever reason we speed through this before the compensatory picks are announced we can take OTC away until they are.

Lol I'm back to wanting to start on the 1st.

I like how I started at point A and wound up back at point A at the end, lol.
              You can trade up or down, just no players.

Comment

When was this?

Comment

When was this?
                  forever

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                    forever
                    I'm sorry I thought Walter didn't want trades at all in this one because he was putting it on his site. I'm not saying I don't believe you but...where's 49ersfan?

Comment

I'm sorry I thought Walter didn't want trades at all in this one because he was putting it on his site. I'm not saying I don't believe you but...where's 49ersfan?
                      You can trade up or down cuz that can happen draft day. You just can't trade players.

Comment

i have to side with siena on this one, and not just to perturb our good poster billsred. while i would prefer to be able to do a trade or two, my recollection is that walter wanted none, re: site postability.

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to post this on the main site, and trades would just confuse readers.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

He shoots he scores. I kid I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                              Yeah, I wanted to post this on the main site, and trades would just confuse readers.
                              I don't know how that would confuse readers unless they were 5 and didn't know how to read.
                              1. Post the trades at the bottom of the page.
                              2. With the 11th pick the Ravens select Geto Lovve-RB-GT
                              Then in your write up just post This pick was acquired from Buffalo in a trade that sent Buffalo a 2nd and 3rd round choice.

but whatever just will be boring as hell with no trade up's

Comment

Working...
                              X