Clear All

• 49ersfan
    replied
    No trades it is.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
    It all depends what Walter wants. I think we need a strait answer.
    He gave a straight anwer already; No trades.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
    Denver should be allowed to trade up a few spots. I say readers would be less confused about this than if they didn't.
    It all depends what Walter wants. I think we need a strait answer.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyp
    replied
    Denver should be allowed to trade up a few spots. I say readers would be less confused about this than if they didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Dumb Azz Kracka
    replied
    As far as the trade thing goes there are times to have fun with it and pretend you're playing Madden. You can just trade your azz off and make the thing as unrealistic as possible to scheme your way into getting the best possible scenarios, which is what Bills_Red has done in the current ongoing Mock. What he's done is great, if it was at all possible to achieve those trades, but the unrealistic meter is pegged to the limit. The problem in "reality" is that other GM's have to be willing to be that stupid and to trade that much with you and that is just not the case in real life.

Since alot of fans out there want to see realistic draft orders and trades I think it's best to keep it strictly by the order started because I don't think any of us have the willpower or judgment to really say what is reality and what isn't.

If we all wanted to just see a random draft order and the "possibility" of what could happen if all bets are off then we could just pop in our Madden '08 in the PS3.

DAK

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    Why not start the draft on April 1st as scheduled and then go through the first two rounds? Then we can stop at the top of round three (if needed) until we know what the compensentory picks will be. That way, we can get the show on the road as scheduled.

Not to mention that usually with things like this, it's the first couple of rounds that take the longest because people forget, there are kinks to work out, things like that. Having the extra time to complete those rounds would be helpful for everyone. Right? Plus, it's not like the compenstory picks are going to make any drastic changes to what people do with the first two rounds anyway. The only thing it could really impact would be some of the possible trades, but I doubt the impact there would be enough to make any real difference.

$0.02,

--Z
    I was about to say the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• titan_qb_3
    replied
    I agree with the no trades thing because if we can trade there will be way more than 1 or 2 trades. Also April 1st sounds good because that will give us plenty of time and we can always pause as vbsiena said

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    ZN0rseman, that is what we agreed upon. A good solution for sure. As for the missed picks, those should be gone, since we are getting assistant GMs for people who aren't very active.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    Why not start the draft on April 1st as scheduled and then go through the first two rounds? The we can stop at the top of round three (if needed) until we know what the compensentory picks will be. That way, we can get the show on the road as scheduled.

Not to mention that usually with things like this, it's the first couple of rounds that take the longest because people forget, there are kinks to work out, things like that. Having the extra time to complete those rounds would be helpful for everyone. Right?
    I agree that was post #5 lol. Me going full circle.

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    Why not start the draft on April 1st as scheduled and then go through the first two rounds? Then we can stop at the top of round three (if needed) until we know what the compensentory picks will be. That way, we can get the show on the road as scheduled.

Not to mention that usually with things like this, it's the first couple of rounds that take the longest because people forget, there are kinks to work out, things like that. Having the extra time to complete those rounds would be helpful for everyone. Right? Plus, it's not like the compenstory picks are going to make any drastic changes to what people do with the first two rounds anyway. The only thing it could really impact would be some of the possible trades, but I doubt the impact there would be enough to make any real difference.

$0.02,

--Z

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    I'm sorry I thought Walter didn't want trades at all in this one because he was putting it on his site. I'm not saying I don't believe you but...where's 49ersfan?
    I'm right here, and, from what I have heard, this is strictly a no trades mock.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    I'm with Walter on this. It would confuse too many people. Even with 1 or 2 trades.

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    I think we should only be allowed to trade picks, not players

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Lol Bills_Red LOVEs them trades.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    If it's one or two trades, no one will be confused, but if you have 8 or 9 trades per round, no one's going to read it because it wouldn't be realistic.
    Well that is true.
    Maybe you can accept only trade(s) that could happen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X