Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Require everybody to submit their Big Board before the Draft and shortening the Day Two selections to one hour. If they are not here, then pick from their Big Board, top-down. At least that way the absentee GM's are still making their own choices and you know they have actually looked at the overall Draft.

If there are concerns about Big Board secrecy, then write a script to read a common Excel-based format and update teh three threads.

For example:

Generate the Big Board on a standardized, Excel-based form.

Have the GM's fill it out and submit it.

Produce a small script that reads the Excel tables (very common), reading the top cell down to the bottom which would be a GM's next selection by default.

On the "Players Selected" thread use the same Excel format to list all Players and have the script do a "compare routine" to see if a GM's next selection is listed.

If the player has been selected, then move to next cell and read the next player a GM has listed and "compare" again.

If a player is available for selection, then copy that Player to "Picks Only"; "Player Picked"; and the "Selections" threads.

That's it.

Completely automated and confidential using a very basic script.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
      my moms married, if thats what your implying
      Lol that has nothing to do with what was implied whatsoever *airplane flys over bulldogs head* anyways I rofl'd at that post haha.

Also I'm be totally down to partying at Walters place since I'm probably only an hour or two drive away.

Comment

i might go to lambeau this year. we'll see. there's a pretty big party there in the atrium. there's a couple restaurants and a few bars. i might get all ****ty. maybe not.

Comment

Don't have any GM's in far away time zones.
          Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
            Don't have any GM's in far away time zones.
            lol. loser. gmt+1. ha. sorry excuse for an existence!

Comment

Rule #3
              We follow the rule where you can't go back and change a pick.

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                Rule #3
                We follow the rule where you can't go back and change a pick.
                quit whining like a little *****. you're not supreme dictator and if you were no one would follow you anyway with the way you disrespect people here.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                  quit whining like a little *****. you're not supreme dictator and if you were no one would follow you anyway with the way you disrespect people here.
                  HAHAHA disrespect. I guess ***** isn't disrespect, eh, HAHAHAHA
                  I'd say I'm fine, you need to have the "disrespect" talk to matt if anyone

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                    HAHAHA disrespect. I guess ***** isn't disrespect, eh, HAHAHAHA
                    I'd say I'm fine, you need to have the "disrespect" talk to matt if anyone
                    lol. good points. LOL. yeah, too true on both.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                      The only reason I'm against the back up GM idea is well we don't have enough interest for it. Unless everyone with a team is forced to be a backup GM for a team in the opposite Conference or something. Maybe that might work.
                      Like you, I think it is a good idea on paper, but the forums aren't big enough for that now. I certainly think people should lost their teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnack View Post
                        Require everybody to submit their Big Board before the Draft and shortening the Day Two selections to one hour. If they are not here, then pick from their Big Board, top-down. At least that way the absentee GM's are still making their own choices and you know they have actually looked at the overall Draft.

If there are concerns about Big Board secrecy, then write a script to read a common Excel-based format and update teh three threads.

For example:

Generate the Big Board on a standardized, Excel-based form.

Have the GM's fill it out and submit it.

Produce a small script that reads the Excel tables (very common), reading the top cell down to the bottom which would be a GM's next selection by default.

On the "Players Selected" thread use the same Excel format to list all Players and have the script do a "compare routine" to see if a GM's next selection is listed.

If the player has been selected, then move to next cell and read the next player a GM has listed and "compare" again.

If a player is available for selection, then copy that Player to "Picks Only"; "Player Picked"; and the "Selections" threads.

That's it.

Completely automated and confidential using a very basic script.
                        Sound good, but does anyone here know how to do that? My excel knowledge is basic at best.

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                          I think the key is making sure that only the right sorts of people are invited to participate.
                          I agree that's why I think invested members of the community should be the gm's. Apparantly the draft right before I joined had no shows.

I like the idea of other gm's being a co-gm. Just send the co gm your board for your team and it'll work out good.
                          2008 Cincinnati Bengals GM
                          2009 Baltimore Ravens GM
                          1 (26) WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
                          2 (57) DT Fili Moala, USC
                          3 (77) CB Kevin Barnes, Maryland
                          5 (152) OT Jason Watkins, Florida
                          6 (188) RB Arian Foster, Tennessee
                          6 (199) TE Richard Quinn, North Carolina
                          7 (220) FB William Rentmeester, Wisconsin
                          7 (226) WR Tommy Breaux, Towson
                          7 (227) LB Dan Skuta, Grand Valley State
                          7 (234) QB Mike Teel, Rutgers
                          2009 Jacksonville Jaguars GM
                          1 (8) Michael Oher OT Ole Miss - group pick
                          2 (39) Percy Harvin WR Florida - group pick
                          3 (72) Dorrell Scott DT Clemson
                          4 (107) Trevor Canfield G Cincinnati
                          5 (144) Javon Ringer RB Michigan State
                          6 (180) Greg Toler CB Saint Paul's College
                          7 (250) Jeremy Navarre DE Maryland
                          7 (253) Dan Gronkowski TE Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            Sound good, but does anyone here know how to do that? My excel knowledge is basic at best.
                            I'm proficient on excel. Sounds like he just described a VLOOKUP function with a nested IF function.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                              I'm proficient on excel. Sounds like he just described a VLOOKUP function with a nested IF function.
                              Yep..simple table fare, with conditional operands.
                              Last edited by Carnack; 04-17-2008, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I still think that next time around an exact time should be given for a pick. None of this 2 hours to make a pick crap when you have no clue when your 2 hours will start.

I have tried to be active this time around, and was active for the last one, but this time around i would check, and only 4 picks happenend in the last 24 hours and i am still 12 picks away. I check back a day later and 15 picks have happened and i was skipped.

Simply put pick 1 due at 7 pm est, pick 2 at 8pm, 3 at 9 pm on an exact date, set before the draft begins.

It eliminates the having to come and see if you are on the clock. You know exactly when you have to come and make your pick and exactly how long you have to come and pass off a big board...

Comment

Working...
                                X