Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that. Thats why the mods are a fallback just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith
      Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
      No, here is my suggestion. We do it like the NFL, letting them pick when they show up. After a set number of picks (10, perhaps), the mods pick for them.
      Yes but the NFL also gets everyone together in one room and they can't leave. So unless you want to fork over the money to trandsport ass 31 participants to Walter's house for a one day mock, than it is kind of out of the question to do it that way. Most people here have lives, jobs, familes, classes etc. and can't stick to the boards 24 7...
      Plus I don't understand what benefit there would be to having such a system. How would that be helpfull to the draft? Not only would it damage the credibility of the entire draft (due to players sliding for no apparent reason) but it would make the draft extremely stressfull for owners.
      sigpic
      WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
      PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
      NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
      Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
      Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
      MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
      PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
      Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
      Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
      ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
      Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
      TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
      InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
      Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
      EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
      EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
      Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
      BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
      Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

My new suggestion is to try and have more fun than complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnack View Post
          Require everybody to submit their Big Board before the Draft and shortening the Day Two selections to one hour. If they are not here, then pick from their Big Board, top-down. At least that way the absentee GM's are still making their own choices and you know they have actually looked at the overall Draft.

If there are concerns about Big Board secrecy, then write a script to read a common Excel-based format and update teh three threads.

For example:

Generate the Big Board on a standardized, Excel-based form.

Have the GM's fill it out and submit it.

Produce a small script that reads the Excel tables (very common), reading the top cell down to the bottom which would be a GM's next selection by default.

On the "Players Selected" thread use the same Excel format to list all Players and have the script do a "compare routine" to see if a GM's next selection is listed.

If the player has been selected, then move to next cell and read the next player a GM has listed and "compare" again.

If a player is available for selection, then copy that Player to "Picks Only"; "Player Picked"; and the "Selections" threads.

That's it.

Completely automated and confidential using a very basic script.
          I dont know anything about excell and wouldnt give my Big Board to ANYONE else who has a team anyway. No chanceI would do that. Have someone else take my picks.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
            My new suggestion is to try and have more fun than complaining.
            NNC I was having fun.

I think if no one has picked and a mod picks for a team then the GM should be allowed to change it. If someone else picks then it doesnt get changed.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
              I still think that next time around an exact time should be given for a pick. None of this 2 hours to make a pick crap when you have no clue when your 2 hours will start.

I have tried to be active this time around, and was active for the last one, but this time around i would check, and only 4 picks happenend in the last 24 hours and i am still 12 picks away. I check back a day later and 15 picks have happened and i was skipped.

Simply put pick 1 due at 7 pm est, pick 2 at 8pm, 3 at 9 pm on an exact date, set before the draft begins.

It eliminates the having to come and see if you are on the clock. You know exactly when you have to come and make your pick and exactly how long you have to come and pass off a big board...
              Originally posted by thetechnocrat View Post
              I like this idea. That way you know if you can't make it. You either pm a big board to an op or to an assistant gm.
              Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
              I concur.
              Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
              I have seen that on other forums, but people miss picks with that system too. We might just have to admit we aren't the NFL and some people won't get on in time. I like these suggestions, though.
              Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
              I like the way you are thinking!
              I think this idea is excellent. Almost everybody lives life on a schedule. They get up at a certain time, work at a certain time, eat, sleep, s**t, ect. So, if they had a schedule of when for sure their pick was, it would work much better for people. How the heck can you wait 20 + hours for one pick (St. Louis Rd 6) and then 2 people pick right away, the time changes so now you only have 2 hours to pick, but you don't know that (Minnesota Rd 6), so you miss your pick. It's hard for people to check their internet every hour and a half in the evenings during the week and during the weekend. There should be a schedule, so people know when to be on. There is another problem. Some guys take a team and then they decide they'll go somewhere and miss a couple picks or more and don't care, but everyone else suffers. So making a rule such as, 'if you miss two picks you forfeit your rights as GM'. Someone else suggested this, and along with the 'scheduled time' idea, I think the system would be pretty good. If someone misses a pick, the next highest rated player, based on team needs should be taken.....BASED off a legitimate online mock draft. There are no exceptions to this, period. If you miss your pick, your pick is made based off the mock draft and team needs, which will be decided by the simple math equation of the highest player available at any position based on team need. So if the Chiefs need at least one OL, CB, S, and LB, the highest ranked player at one of those positions will be taken. Another mathematical equation that may have to be figured is quality, and total number of players at a position, to figure on who will be taken next. That can be figured simply by a point system in the mock board. Each player is assigned a certain number of points based on position and number of quality players in that draft at that position. For instance if there are 50 Offensive Tackles in the draft, and only 15 Defensive Tackles, the DT's would generally be worth more. And some positions are worth less then others. For instance, quality QB's and RB's are worth more than quality TE's and K's. So the QB's and RB's would be given a point bonus. This is just a rough example, and I know it sounds, complicated, but it could fix the problems and really wouldn't be that hard to do.
              sigpic

Comment

I still wouldnt send my big board to anyone. Regardless. With exception of Matt. For some damn reason I have strted asking him about picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                  I still wouldnt send my big board to anyone. Regardless. With exception of Matt. For some damn reason I have strted asking him about picks.
                  Is it because you value his opinion as a draft connoisseur?
                  WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                  Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I think it's because we expect Matt to draft Andre Woodson in every round so we aren't worried about him getting our prospects.

Comment

I have asked his advice on picks. I was actually going to draft the guy he suggested but he was gone. Like it or not he is the man on this site and better than many highly trained draftniks. I think he has proven himself.

Comment

Here's a question.
                        Should teams be given 1 hour if they have back to back picks? Say number 134 and 135.
                        I say yes.
                        2008 Cincinnati Bengals GM
                        2009 Baltimore Ravens GM
                        1 (26) WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
                        2 (57) DT Fili Moala, USC
                        3 (77) CB Kevin Barnes, Maryland
                        5 (152) OT Jason Watkins, Florida
                        6 (188) RB Arian Foster, Tennessee
                        6 (199) TE Richard Quinn, North Carolina
                        7 (220) FB William Rentmeester, Wisconsin
                        7 (226) WR Tommy Breaux, Towson
                        7 (227) LB Dan Skuta, Grand Valley State
                        7 (234) QB Mike Teel, Rutgers
                        2009 Jacksonville Jaguars GM
                        1 (8) Michael Oher OT Ole Miss - group pick
                        2 (39) Percy Harvin WR Florida - group pick
                        3 (72) Dorrell Scott DT Clemson
                        4 (107) Trevor Canfield G Cincinnati
                        5 (144) Javon Ringer RB Michigan State
                        6 (180) Greg Toler CB Saint Paul's College
                        7 (250) Jeremy Navarre DE Maryland
                        7 (253) Dan Gronkowski TE Maryland

Comment

Question: Are we doing another mock anytime soon?
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I highly doubt it. Unless it's a 1-2 rounder next Friday. That'd be fun and one day 2 mock draft.
                            2008 Cincinnati Bengals GM
                            2009 Baltimore Ravens GM
                            1 (26) WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
                            2 (57) DT Fili Moala, USC
                            3 (77) CB Kevin Barnes, Maryland
                            5 (152) OT Jason Watkins, Florida
                            6 (188) RB Arian Foster, Tennessee
                            6 (199) TE Richard Quinn, North Carolina
                            7 (220) FB William Rentmeester, Wisconsin
                            7 (226) WR Tommy Breaux, Towson
                            7 (227) LB Dan Skuta, Grand Valley State
                            7 (234) QB Mike Teel, Rutgers
                            2009 Jacksonville Jaguars GM
                            1 (8) Michael Oher OT Ole Miss - group pick
                            2 (39) Percy Harvin WR Florida - group pick
                            3 (72) Dorrell Scott DT Clemson
                            4 (107) Trevor Canfield G Cincinnati
                            5 (144) Javon Ringer RB Michigan State
                            6 (180) Greg Toler CB Saint Paul's College
                            7 (250) Jeremy Navarre DE Maryland
                            7 (253) Dan Gronkowski TE Maryland

Comment

Next Year.

Comment

Originally posted by thetechnocrat View Post
                                Here's a question.
                                Should teams be given 1 hour if they have back to back picks? Say number 134 and 135.
                                I say yes.
                                I agree. Even if they don't use that time, it should make no difference how long the guy who picks next has either. Meaning that in this situation...

(Note: Times shown are expiration times at which time a mod makes a selection for that team.)

Round 4
                                1: NYG - 10:00AM
                                1: DEN - 10:30AM
                                2: DEN - 11:00AM
                                3: OAK - 11:30AM

If Denver picks one player prior to 10:30, they still have until 11:00 to make their other selection.

If Denver picks both of their selections right at 10:30... Oakland still has until 11:30 to make their selection.

If the Giants picks at 10:05 (after a mod selection was made for him) and Denver hasn't picked yet, the mod selection is overruled and the pick made by the Giants stays.

If the Giants pick at 10:05 (after a mod selection was made for him) and Denver has already made one of their picks (at 10:04) the mod selction stands and the selection by the Giants owner is deleted.
                                sigpic
                                WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                                PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                                NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                                Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                                Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                                MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                                PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                                Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                                Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                                ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                                Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                                TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                                InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                                Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                                EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                                EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                                Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                                BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                                Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Working...
                                X