X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bills_red
    replied
    we could have time frams were a mod must be on (ie. bills_red 5-7, 49ers 7-9, vb 9-11)

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I like it, but even mods won't be on 24-7. We would have to have assistant GMs.

Leave a comment:

• offset
    replied
    Originally posted by bills_red View Post
    What about this?

1.Have each round as 1 day (ie. the 1st Round April 18th, 2nd Round April 19th)
    2.You have like 10 min to make a pick
    3.Set a time (ie. 1st pick 5:00-5:10, 2nd pick 5:10-5:20)

Make things faster and this will let you know when you will pick
    I like this idea....that way you know if you'll be able to make your own pick or not. You can either arrange to be online at the specific time or if you know you can't make it then you can make arrangements with a mod to make the selection for you.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    What about this?

1.Have each round as 1 day (ie. the 1st Round April 18th, 2nd Round April 19th)
    2.You have like 10 min to make a pick
    3.Set a time (ie. 1st pick 5:00-5:10, 2nd pick 5:10-5:20)

Make things faster and this will let you know when you will pick

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
    So, you can predict the future, huh???
    I knew you were gonna say that!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    So, you can predict the future, huh???

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    Since we can't predict the future, we would use the 08 order.
    Speak for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
    What would the draft order be? That's just asking for trouble with huge homer fans like me!
    Since we can't predict the future, we would use the 08 order.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    That would be fun. However, I can tell you I know of no plans to do another mock. It would be fun, however. I think we should do a one or two round 2009 mock after the draft. Then we can look back at it and see how much it has changed.
    What would the draft order be? That's just asking for trouble with huge homer fans like me!

Leave a comment:

• thetechnocrat
    replied
    That would be fun. However, I can tell you I know of no plans to do another mock. It would be fun, however. I think we should do a one or two round 2009 mock after the draft. Then we can look back at it and see how much it has changed.
    I'd be up for that.

NE's clock is about an hour and 20 minutes over.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by thetechnocrat View Post
    I highly doubt it. Unless it's a 1-2 rounder next Friday. That'd be fun and one day 2 mock draft.

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    If Denver (105) selects after Giants (104) time clock has expired with no pick yet. Denver's pick should stand and any other team that rushes a pick up. Like the mix up when Minnesota missed their pick in Leftwich & Suggs draft year.
    I don't like that though. I think a mod should select for the Giants in that case because it's not going to be a realistic draft if teams are just skipped if they missed their pick. The mods should draft the BPA from one of the need positions for that team as long as it wasn't already covered by earlier selections. That way our draft is realistice in the end.

Also...
    The value of Kevin Williams is greater than the value of Suggs and Leftwich combined. Plus the Vkings saved a bundle of money on Williams contract for drafting him 2 picks later. So, while the Vikings organization looked like fools on draft day, I'm pretty sure that we call know who got the last laugh in the end.

Leave a comment:

• thetechnocrat
    replied
    Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    If the Giants pick at 10:05 (after a mod selection was made for him) and Denver has already made one of their picks (at 10:04) the mod selction stands and the selection by the Giants owner is deleted.
    If Denver (105) selects after Giants (104) time clock has expired with no pick yet. Denver's pick should stand and any other team that rushes a pick up. Like the mix up when Minnesota missed their pick in Leftwich & Suggs draft year.

I like the pre-arranged time slots. That way you know what time you pick will be due.

Leave a comment:

• ZN0rseman
    replied
    Here's a question.
    Should teams be given 1 hour if they have back to back picks? Say number 134 and 135.
    I say yes.
    I agree. Even if they don't use that time, it should make no difference how long the guy who picks next has either. Meaning that in this situation...

(Note: Times shown are expiration times at which time a mod makes a selection for that team.)

Round 4
    1: NYG - 10:00AM
    1: DEN - 10:30AM
    2: DEN - 11:00AM
    3: OAK - 11:30AM

If Denver picks one player prior to 10:30, they still have until 11:00 to make their other selection.

If Denver picks both of their selections right at 10:30... Oakland still has until 11:30 to make their selection.

If the Giants picks at 10:05 (after a mod selection was made for him) and Denver hasn't picked yet, the mod selection is overruled and the pick made by the Giants stays.

If the Giants pick at 10:05 (after a mod selection was made for him) and Denver has already made one of their picks (at 10:04) the mod selction stands and the selection by the Giants owner is deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Next Year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X