not yet in peak shape to do so. Players generally didnt protest the lack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not yet in peak shape to do so. Players generally didnt protest the lack

Myles Turner Jersey. "I dont think it matters from a standpoint of preparing for the Olympics. I think that were all professional players here, were all playing relatively the same game. Theres no big hockey secret out there," Getzlaf said. "I think that the only thing that would be nice to keep on skating because were getting prepared for our own (NHL training) camps. This is a big chunk, this is almost a whole week where were not going to get our skates in." San Jose Sharks defenceman Dan Boyle, 37, was "thrilled" not to be skating because he hadnt ramped up his off-season regimen too much before going to Calgary. Oilers left wing Taylor Hall would love the opportunity to skate with a lot of talented potential teammates, but he was relieved because hes not yet in peak shape to do so. Players generally didnt protest the lack of on-ice activities because the insurance issue was out of their hands. Hockey Canada president and CEO Bob Nicholson estimated that with contracts totalling about $1.5 billion, it just got too expensive to insure them and allow players to lace up their skates. "I dont think its anything major," said Luongo, who won gold in Vancouver in 2010. "Its always fun to go on the ice with the countrys best players and it kind of kicks off your season a little bit one you do that. Its going to be a good time here even though were not skating. But it wouldve been nice to maybe stop a few pucks." These players will get their chances to skate with teammates soon enough, when NHL camps open next month. "Guys have been working out and guys have been skating a lot recently," Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos said. "Maybe a little break is going to be nice before you really go hard for two weeks heading into (training) camp. ... Its not like even if we were going on the ice were going to be doing a lot of tough, tough situation things. Were probably going to get the same results by going over things with coaches, watching video and things like that." Thats where Bab****s coaching comes in. He said theres "no sense worrying" about not skating, simply adjusting to the situation on the fly. The Detroit Red Wings coach singled out everyone getting to know each other and implementing the details of how Canada is going to play in Sochi as two important pieces of camp. The third element is far more wide-ranging. "Being an Olympian to me is much bigger than just being part of a regular hockey team," Bab**** said. "Youre part of a bigger team: the Canadian team. Thats not just the Canadian hockey team, thats the Canadian Olympic team. I think its a special, special thing. When you get special opportunities, your preparation should be the same. Our preparation this week has to be gold-medal preparation." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaNFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Working...
X