AFC North thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
    You CB is a need for a lot of teams now that you start 3 CBs. Wasn't Tomlin a former CB. Would figure he would know that position just a bit better than the others.
    Lebeau was a former CB, too. But the Steelers could get away with the Townsend/Ike/Gay combo for awhile. Ike was a good coverage guy until he got old and his skills went off of a cliff, and the team had sick safeties with a nasty pass rush and run defense. None of those things are there, anymore, and the NFL has changed in a way that teams are in nickle sets more often than their base defense. It will be interesting to see if their priorities change with Butler in and a lot of the old players gone. They have looked at tons of CBs, and usually end up drafting a fair amount of players that have visited. And it's obviously a huge need. You could say the same thing about Rush LB.

I'm honestly just looking at best player available at that point, and hope he happens to be on defense. There are a number of players that could fit that bill.
    sigpic

Comment

• I agree with you.

You know whats interesting to me. I kinda root for Balt, Pitts, and Cincy in the draft. I mean I know exactly what the Browns will do, so why even bother with them.

Cincy actually has been good at drafting these last few years. Like really good, IMHO. Pitts and Balt always are above average depending on year maybe even good to great.

I usually look at players they take and am like, damn, I bet that 4th round pick is at min a contributor to max a full stud. ****KKKKKKKKK!!!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• I mean Pitts in transition right now with D not being elite anymore. Balt always competes even if you think they will suck.

Cincy has secretly built a minor powerhouse of talent.

Gotta lat least be happy for our division.
        sigpic
        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• I've lost a great deal of confidence in Tolbert to be honest. I'm also over the LB fetish.

I just hope they don't completely screw up this year.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
            I've lost a great deal of confidence in Tolbert to be honest. I'm also over the LB fetish.

I just hope they don't completely screw up this year.
            Steelers fans have been treated to some great OLB play since the 70s. Forgive them, it's all most of them know. I can't think of an LB that I would want at 22 anymore, though. Most of them will be already gone, removed from the board due to off the field stuff, or simply not good enough to be a 1st rounder. I'm thinking Kevin Johnson unless someone supremely talented falls to them. I'm guess you've seen the clamoring on BTSC for Harold and Obig...Obh...Obi Wan Kenobi or whatever from UCLA. Yeaaaah, not a fan of 2nd round guys that get pushed up because of, "hey pass rusher". I'm cool with addressing that later. Again though, best talent available at that juncture. Who knows who might fall...

Really, if this team has at least average D play, they're a contender barring injury. The offense should be fantastic yet again. The abominable 08 and 09 drafts killed the team's depth for a while, but they've added some decent young pieces lately, and though Jones sucking hurt, they've had success in some of the later rounds. And the schedule should be tough next year, which means no 2-9 teams to inexplicably drop games to!

I think life after Ben will be what defines Tomlin's career.

Edit: Annnd I just saw the article with Colbert saying that this may be the best OLB draft in awhile. Hmm.
            Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 04-28-2015, 06:51 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
              Steelers fans have been treated to some great OLB play since the 70s. Forgive them, it's all most of them know. I can't think of an LB that I would want at 22 anymore, though. Most of them will be already gone, removed from the board due to off the field stuff, or simply not good enough to be a 1st rounder. I'm thinking Kevin Johnson unless someone supremely talented falls to them. I'm guess you've seen the clamoring on BTSC for Harold and Obig...Obh...Obi Wan Kenobi or whatever from UCLA. Yeaaaah, not a fan of 2nd round guys that get pushed up because of, "hey pass rusher". I'm cool with addressing that later. Again though, best talent available at that juncture. Who knows who might fall...

Really, if this team has at least average D play, they're a contender barring injury. The offense should be fantastic yet again. The abominable 08 and 09 drafts killed the team's depth for a while, but they've added some decent young pieces lately, and though Jones sucking hurt, they've had success in some of the later rounds. And the schedule should be tough next year, which means no 2-9 teams to inexplicably drop games to!

I think life after Ben will be what defines Tomlin's career.

Edit: Annnd I just saw the article with Colbert saying that this may be the best OLB draft in awhile. Hmm.
              If Dante Fowler were there at 22, tear a hammy running the card to the podium. But he's the only guy IMO that fits what we need at that position. Diggy (UCLA guy whose name I refuse to learn how to spell) and his proponents can **** right off. It is a good draft for weak side rush backers, but that isn't what we should be looking for. Also, **** everybody that wants Marcus Peters. The guys at btsc are soooooo reported.

And, yeah, I'm all in on Kevin Johnson, although according to Bouchette (who seems more wired in than anybody) we've got a massive boner for Eric Rowe.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I like Diggy and Peters. They're solid football players

I'm iffy of Kevin Johnson's long speed.

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                  I like Diggy and Peters. They're solid football players

I'm iffy of Kevin Johnson's long speed.
                  Diggy is a solid 2nd round pick. But at 22 for a 3-4? Peters is off my board all together.

Johnson's speed is fine. Not top shelf, but more than good enough.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
                    Diggy is a solid 2nd round pick. But at 22 for a 3-4? Peters is off my board all together.

Johnson's speed is fine. Not top shelf, but more than good enough.
                    Diggy had glimpses of dominance that makes me think he could be a late 1st guy.

I think Peters on the field is the best CB in the draft. Love that aggression and swagger

Johnson got burned deep by some 4.5 guys, so i think it's an issue of concern

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                      Diggy had glimpses of dominance that makes me think he could be a late 1st guy.

I think Peters on the field is the best CB in the draft. Love that aggression and swagger

Johnson got burned deep by some 4.5 guys, so i think it's an issue of concern
                      Diggy? As a 3-4 OLB in the 1st? With two hip surgeries? Not for me, and if I'm wrong that's fine.

I'm also fine with somebody else drafting Peters' ghetto ass.

With Johnson, I believe it's more a question of confidence and technique than speed. Btw, Rashad Greene is one of the best in college football, getting beat by him is gonna happen. If I have a concern about KJ, it's tackling/physicality. I've also heard that not only are we high on him, but so are the Cowboys and Packers. More than comfortable with him at 22. Also, that click and close is sick.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Joe Thomas says that Manziel is like night and day different from the kid who came into camp last year. Hopefully Joesus is right, and Manziel has his head on straight. I just don't want to start McCown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                          Joe Thomas says that Manziel is like night and day different from the kid who came into camp last year. Hopefully Joesus is right, and Manziel has his head on straight. I just don't want to start McCown.
                          Punk or not, can he play pro football? I doubt it.

I feel for Joe Thomas. Legitimately one of the best tackles of his generation, and he's stuck in Cleveland.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                            Punk or not, can he play pro football? I doubt it.

I feel for Joe Thomas. Legitimately one of the best tackles of his generation, and he's stuck in Cleveland.
                            Trade him for Adrian Peterson and Teddy Bridgewater and this years first.

Then package the three firsts and get the #1 overall pick.

Then draft Leonard Williams!!! Boom movies come true.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I mean happy to hear Manzania isn't doing drugs and hookers and getting his star WR kicked out of football and his #8 overall CB benched now. But aside from that. a 6 ' 175# athletic QB that can only run a 4.7 and has never run and doesn't know how to run a pro offense.

Yeah, my hopes aren't that high he can actually play NFL ball. Colt McCoy is hi ceiling and Colt is suxor bag of dicks (even if Browns fans pine for him and Hoyer cuz Browns fans are dumbest fans in whole entire league bar none.)

Looking forward to tonight. Guessing dumb **** for Cleveland. Great draft for Cincy. Mid to decent for Balt, and unknown in Pitts.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Positives:

- We probably have the fastest back 7 in the league now

- excellent size and speed with Dupree, massive upside

- with Lebeau gone, we don't seem to be chained to the loser ass rust belt anymore. SEC!

- shots fired at Drew Rosenhaus (or however you spell his Jew name)

Negatives

- WR4 in the third round? We could of had Jeff Heuerman, Steven Nelson, Mike Davis, TJ Clemmings etc

- of the two people running our organization one is an idiot and the other is a porch monkey
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X