AFC North thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    I tend to view WR the same way Leels views RB. Yeah, AJ makes Dalton seem functional and you could have taken Parker at 12, but I think you would have been better served to get Rashad Greene in the 4th. He's basically AB lite.

I like Amos as a guy to groom to take over Will Allen's roll.

My take on Dupree? Bad eyes, low FBI, lousy motor. Maybe I'm wrong (hope I am) and he'll be Stud Dupree instead of Dud Dupree. Time will tell. If we were hell bent on taking a LB, I would have preferred Diggy in the 2nd. !st after 1st after 1st at the same position is just dumb and a poor allocation of resources.
    I think the million 1st round LBs comes from a) Jarvis showing nothing yet and b)the way the board ended up. Not to mention Harrison's age, Foote getting cut, and Woodley getting fat, hurt, then cut. I was thinking it would have been better to wait, but with no top tier CBs and both Dupree and Ray there, what are you gonna do? I look for a lot of rotating players at OLB this year, as they only want Harrison in 25 snaps a game, Jones may or may not suck, Dupree is raw, and Moats is just "nice". The ILBs should be legit, and I look for the DL to improve as well, with Tuitt getting more experience, Heyward being Heyward, McClendon now having to hold off big Dan, who is apparently is in fantastic shape for a big man. The secondary is still a question mark, but finally has some quality youth. The defense just has to be good enough, though; the Steelers are an offensive team now, and have the firepower to outscore most teams.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
      I think the million 1st round LBs comes from a) Jarvis showing nothing yet and b)the way the board ended up. Not to mention Harrison's age, Foote getting cut, and Woodley getting fat, hurt, then cut. I was thinking it would have been better to wait, but with no top tier CBs and both Dupree and Ray there, what are you gonna do? I look for a lot of rotating players at OLB this year, as they only want Harrison in 25 snaps a game, Jones may or may not suck, Dupree is raw, and Moats is just "nice". The ILBs should be legit, and I look for the DL to improve as well, with Tuitt getting more experience, Heyward being Heyward, McClendon now having to hold off big Dan, who is apparently is in fantastic shape for a big man. The secondary is still a question mark, but finally has some quality youth. The defense just has to be good enough, though; the Steelers are an offensive team now, and have the firepower to outscore most teams.
      Yeah. **** the Browns for taking my NT, **** the Texans for taking my CB, and **** the Jags for taking my OG.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Pettine declared McCown as the starter. So, week 6 will be the return of Johnny Football, right?
        sigpic

Comment

• You think it will take McCown that long to defecate himself on the field?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
            You think it will take McCown that long to defecate himself on the field?
            No but I could see Pettine taking his time taking a hard workin' vet off the field for the douche bag young guy.
            sigpic

Comment

• 1 SEP 13 1:00PMEDT * AT JETS Revis,Mehhhhh guys. McCown sucks cause no running game
              2 SEP 20 1:00PMEDT * TITANS improved defense probaly meh at best but pass rushers but he's well protected so...could look competent
              3 SEP 27 1:00PMEDT * RAIDERS torching the raiders should be easy
              4 OCT 4 4:05PMEDT * AT CHARGERS Weddle,Verret,Flowers....Welp mccowns screwed
              5 OCT 11 1:00PMEDT * AT RAVENS McCiwn will **** the bed here and be benched pretty soon
              6 OCT 18 1:00PMEDT * BRONCOS He'll **** the bed again
              7 OCT 25 1:00PMEDT * AT RAMS AND AGAIN HE"ll **** (look at these weeks of pass rushers)
              8 NOV 1 1:00PMEST ) CARDINALS Can look competent but arizona is a wildcard
              9 NOV 5 8:25PMEST , AT BENGALS Overrated defense but maybe they can fix its. Manziel will be starting by now. or will have been
              10 NOV 15 1:00PMEST * AT STEELERS Will look so competent here cause that awful defense
              12 NOV 30 8:30PMEST + RAVENS Will look like **** cause McCown,Manziel sucks
              13 DEC 6 1:00PMEST * BENGALS WHY ARE THERE FOUR DIVISIONAL GAMES IN A ROW?
              14 DEC 13 1:00PMEST ) 49ERS Who knows.
              15 DEC 20 4:05PMEST ) AT SEAHAWKS Pick sixes for everybody on the seahawks
              16 DEC 27 1:00PMEST * AT CHIEFS Ehhhh Who knows.
              17 JAN 3 1:00PMEST * STEELERS MEANINGLESS GAME
              Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

No but I could see Pettine taking his time taking a hard workin' vet off the field for the douche bag young guy.
                Yeah, that didn't work so well last year.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• We run the gauntlet of divisional games because the NFL hates us.

Comment

• I'm just glad Brady will be out for the opener.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Just found out from Bob Labriola of Steelers.com that the team did, in fact, reach out to La'el Collins and his camp to indicate they were interested.

I feel much better now. Ok, I feel a little better now.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Just found out from Bob Labriola of Steelers.com that the team did, in fact, reach out to La'el Collins and his camp to indicate they were interested.

I feel much better now. Ok, I feel a little better now.
                        I think all 32 teams probably checked out Collins. A plug and play 1st round lineman at a reduced price? Sign me the **** up. But, he chose Dallas.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm just glad Brady will be out for the opener.
                          Appeal of suspension. He will be playing the opener
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

I think all 32 teams probably checked out Collins. A plug and play 1st round lineman at a reduced price? Sign me the **** up. But, he chose Dallas.
                            It wouldn't have surprised me in the least if we didn't. As I said before, I've lost a lot of confidence in Tolbert.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by GongKong View Post
                              Appeal of suspension. He will be playing the opener
                              It's 4 months until the opener.

The NFL won't take that long to rule on the appeal, and if Brady wants to try and take the NFL to court? Subpoena for all electronic communications incoming.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It's 4 months until the opener.

The NFL won't take that long to rule on the appeal, and if Brady wants to try and take the NFL to court? Subpoena for all electronic communications incoming.
                                Well that depends on the law and what phone he used and etc.

there have been other suspensions served 2 near 3 years later due to court appeals already. Brady has like 100x the money those guys have and a bigger ego. i fully expect this to be a cluster**** of long time in court. Brady retires before court.

NFL and 4 months is nothing. They have routinely timed these things strategically, and they know this will be a multi year battle.

We will see. i will be shocked by anything less than a full year deferment
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                                I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Working...
                                X