No announcement yet.

AFC North thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme Bitonio, Ogbah, Nassib, and Shelton.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
      Gimme Bitonio, Ogbah, Nassib, and Shelton.
      Oh yeah, those three, too. Really liked Nassib coming out, dude was dominant.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Oh yeah, those three, too. Really liked Nassib coming out, dude was dominant.
        Great measurables, revved up motor, good football character. All he needs is experience and some coaching up on technique. Ok, a lot of coaching up on technique.

Btw, there is talk of PSU being in a pretty good bowl match-up this year, which is cool. I think it's better for the B1G, and college football in general, if PSU is relevant.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Great measurables, revved up motor, good football character. All he needs is experience and some coaching up on technique. Ok, a lot of coaching up on technique.

Btw, there is talk of PSU being in a pretty good bowl match-up this year, which is cool. I think it's better for the B1G, and college football in general, if PSU is relevant.
          If they win, it could be an ass kicking from Bama in the playoffs (if Washington loses), or the rose bowl. If they lose, still a decent bowl, as they have had a quality season. Honestly, any of the above would be fine, as I expected like a 5-7 year from them. They blew my expectations away.

My hope is that the consistent winning will shut the Cult of Paterno up for awhile, but probably not. It's the one thing that keeps me from going all in on the team. That and I didn't go to school there, so I owe them nothing.
          sigpic

Comment

If they win, it could be an ass kicking from Bama in the playoffs (if Washington loses), or the rose bowl. If they lose, still a decent bowl, as they have had a quality season. Honestly, any of the above would be fine, as I expected like a 5-7 year from them. They blew my expectations away.

My hope is that the consistent winning will shut the Cult of Paterno up for awhile, but probably not. It's the one thing that keeps me from going all in on the team. That and I didn't go to school there, so I owe them nothing.
            Whoa there, Hop-a-long! Let's back that horse into the barn. The projection I saw was an Cotton Bowl match-up against W. Michigan. That's a nice step up for them, and an intriguing match-up for me. They ain't ready for the Roses much less a playoff game, imo.

Yeah, the cult of Paterno needs to shut up and go away. Let PSU rebuild itself without that shadow and stain.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Whoa there, Hop-a-long! Let's back that horse into the barn. The projection I saw was an Cotton Bowl match-up against W. Michigan. That's a nice step up for them, and an intriguing match-up for me. They ain't ready for the Roses much less a playoff game, imo.

Yeah, the cult of Paterno needs to shut up and go away. Let PSU rebuild itself without that shadow and stain.
              It's not my expectation, it's the high rank from the playoff committee, and the weight they put on conference championships. The only way they get in though, is if Washington loses. Which won't happen. So it's moot. As far as the rose, they usually take the Big 10 Champ, though they may go for the Fighting Harbaughs instead. Which I wouldn't blame them. The Cotton bowl is a good bowl, too, though I that scenario I may root for W. Michigan just a bit. Again, I expected a dumpster fire, so any of the above would be fine.
              sigpic

Comment

It's not my expectation, it's the high rank from the playoff committee, and the weight they put on conference championships. The only way they get in though, is if Washington loses. Which won't happen. So it's moot. As far as the rose, they usually take the Big 10 Champ, though they may go for the Fighting Harbaughs instead. Which I wouldn't blame them. The Cotton bowl is a good bowl, too, though I that scenario I may root for W. Michigan just a bit. Again, I expected a dumpster fire, so any of the above would be fine.
                I fully expect 'sconsin to win the championship and go to the Rose. The Cotton Bowl may have lost it's luster over the past decade or so, but it has a long and rich history. It would also be cool to see Corey Davis go against some legitimate competition. I think it would be a great game for the Cotton Bowl, PSU, and W. Michigan. Everybody wins!
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• You did it Cleveland. You avoided 0-16 with this crapsack roster. Now, tank away!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Browns fans on reddit are circle jerking on how good of a hire Greg Williams is for the Browns as a DC, but I'm not enthusiastic about it. Dude always seems to get his overall defense to under perform despite it's talent level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                      Browns fans on reddit are circle jerking on how good of a hire Greg Williams is for the Browns as a DC, but I'm not enthusiastic about it. Dude always seems to get his overall defense to under perform despite it's talent level.
                      He hasn't been that great in awhile. He's got a known name, so casual fans will be stoked until he sucks.

Let me put it this way: a few years ago, some less informed Steelers fans wanted Mike Martz for OC. Yep.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Steelers OLB coach Joey Porter arrested for the following: Simple Assault,Aggravated Assault, Public Drunkenness, Resisting Arrest or other law enforcement, Disorderly Conduct, and Actual Communication. Yeah, he's been placed on leave. This probably surprises no one. Fun part is that Kevin Greene has already tweeted that he'd be willing to fill in.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Greggggg sucks. It's a terrible hire. Like usual no one wants to come here as know it will be one and done. Plus know Huge didn't hire him. Was forced on him.

complete mess as always. As akways. Just fold the team already
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Steelers OLB coach Joey Porter arrested for the following: Simple Assault,Aggravated Assault, Public Drunkenness, Resisting Arrest or other law enforcement, Disorderly Conduct, and Actual Communication. Yeah, he's been placed on leave. This probably surprises no one. Fun part is that Kevin Greene has already tweeted that he'd be willing to fill in.
                            Kevin Greene is a beast. Porter is just an ass. It's all good in da hood
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                            I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• With Greggy at the helm of our defense, we're going full heel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                                With Greggy at the helm of our defense, we're going full heel.
                                The Browns can't be heel. Any success that they have will be the feel-good story, no matter how dirty they are. Plus, no one out Bengals the Bengals.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X