No announcement yet.

AFC North thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't heard anything more than it's a personal issue blah blah blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
      I'd laugh if they just put out the same helmet symbol with a different colored facemask.
      There it is.

Though I'm not really a big fan of the new dawg pound logo.

Comment

But, it's a brighter orange!
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Cleveland. Lol we got the good browns go ravens
          Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

I got bored and decided to give cleveland fans dreams.

(My free agency for cleveland use fanspeaks MTC)

http://fanspeak.com/mtc/summary.php?id=qwmnin

(My Mock draft for cleveland using fanspeaks MockDraft)

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=aueyyo

The depth chart would end up looking like this.
            Quartersbacks:

QB1Brian Hoyer (Depending on training camp winston etc.)
            QB2:jameis Winston (Depending on how well he adjusts)
            QB3:Johnny Manziel (As much as i'd love to cut him he might....1% chance of turning it around)

Running backs:

RB1:Adrian peterson (signed him in FA it's a 1 year deal I can just cut him after the year and he can mentor the younger backs)
            RB2:Terrance West (Solid runner and will learn from peterson)
            RB3:Isaih Crowell (solid RB who's good in the redzone and will learn from peterson)

Wide receivers:

WR1evante parker (Rookie from the draft.)
            WR2:Andrew Hawkins (speedster who can rotate between the slot and the outside)
            WR3/Slot:Rashad Greene (rookie in the 3rd round who will be winstons security blanket/help keep him in check/slot receiver)
            WR4:Phillip Dorsett (Solid WR who provided me solid value and another speedster for winston to mature with)

Tight Ends:

TE1:Jordan Cameron (Transition Tagged so he can just maybe produce for a year or just get injured doesn't matter really)
            TE2:Nick O leary (Rookie TE who will learn from cameron and again help winston develop/mature)

Offensive Line:

LT1:Joe thomas (restructured to give me more cap space to work with nice guy)
            LG1:Joel Bitonio (Stud guard nuff said)
            C1:Alex Mack (assuming he recovers and there's no setbacks with his injury)
            RG1:Mitchell Swartz (kicked into guard to allow king dunlap to play RT)
            RT1: King Dunlap (Free agency Signing about 2 mil more than the chargers gave him he'll be a boost to the line and will cleveland the best line in football)

3-4 Defenseive System run by mike petine and the browns DC.

Defensive lineman:

DE:Mike Devito (Solid guy who played in mike pettines system with the jets and he can just be cut after one year)
            NTan Williams (Free agent acquired to help stop the run)
            DE/DT:Phil taylor (better off at NT but solid at DE hoping he rebounds)
            DE2:Chuck hunter (rookie draft pick)
            NT2: (Taylor if injuries occur)
            DT2eion Barnes (rookie draft pick)

Inside Linebackers

ILB1:Karlos Dansby (solid veteran who's a stud on the inside for cleveland)
            ILB2avid Harris (free agent signing from the jets who played with pettine and knows the system and helps fix clevelands run defense I wanted brandon spikes but he wouldn't accept an offer so harris)
            ILB3:Craig Robertson (meh LB who's solid for depth)

Outside Linebackers:

ROLB1:Paul kruger (solid guy in pettines system)
            LOLB1:Jaball Sheard (retained in free agency probaly overpaid but he's clevelands best young defender in the front 7.)
            ROLB2:Barkevious Mingo (most likely a bust but eh)
            LOLB2: Danielle Hunter (Rookie draft pick who's making the switch to OLB)

Cornerbacks:

CB1: Joe Haden (who the hell else?)
            CB2:P.J williams (rookie draft pick who can will probaly starter but the no.3 or no.4 corners could overtake him if he doesn't learn the system well)
            CB3: K'Wuan Williams (Slot corner,Can play outside could be the no.2-5 corner depending on what happens in training camp)
            CB4:Pierre Desir (Solid CB who outplayed gilbert williams was better though so he gets the nod)
            CB5: justin gilbert (Bust looks like might still put it together but for now he's the no.5 Corner he can earn his job back though)

Safetys:

FS1: Tashaun Gipson (easily a top 5 NFL FS when healthy but he's injured and will hopefully fully recover and be a stud for cleveland)
            FS1:Jim Lenohard (Solid veteran who knows mike pettines system he was re-signed for peanuts and is the top backup)
            SS1onte Whitner (solid veteran SS who has no weaknesses in his game)

Obviously this isn't ALL of clevelands roster but it's what I think would be an awesome off-season for cleveland I'd like your guys thoughts on it.
            Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

Guessing oxy's. NFL doesn't test for painkillers as 100% of league is addicted to them
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
              I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

So rumors are Phil Taylor and Aytaba Rubin won't be back.

Taylor played okay when he was out there, just the injuries.

Rubin played hurt all last year and sucked. Was it the injuries? or does he not fit Pettine's defensive system?
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

I like Rubin, he's a high effort guy, but he's not the most talented dude in the world. I'll be sad if we don't bring him back, but it's not the end of the world if we don't. He's good enough he'll find work somewhere.

Comment

I like Rubin, he's a high effort guy, but he's not the most talented dude in the world. I'll be sad if we don't bring him back, but it's not the end of the world if we don't. He's good enough he'll find work somewhere.
                    I'd think you gotta keep either Rubin or Taylor.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Rejoice, Browns fans.

You've signed Josh McCown!
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Man, and I was actually rooting for the Bills for once.

Comment

So, the Steelers are doing that restructuring of contracts thing again.

Gilbert and Mitchell have had their contracts reworked, and Pouncey is next in line. Probably making room for Ben's and others' new deals. There are still some guys who need cut as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you think they're going to try and work another $100 million contract for him?

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                              So, the Steelers are doing that restructuring of contracts thing again.

Gilbert and Mitchell have had their contracts reworked, and Pouncey is next in line. Probably making room for Ben's and others' new deals. There are still some guys who need cut as well.
                              I hate that we do that. I mean, we already overpay our own guys. There is no need to throw them more bonus cash one year after they sign and kick more debt down the road.

Do you think they're going to try and work another $100 million contract for him?
                              Yep. Word is we're looking at a 6 year contract. Hopefully, it's structured so that he is easily cut in the last year or two.
                              Last edited by Castiron; 02-28-2015, 03:45 PM.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Isn't America wonderful? Rape a few girls and still get $200 million because you're really good at throwing an elliptical spheroid. What a country.

Comment

Working...
                                X