This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAST LIST:
    Oh, and in case you're wondering... the roles were randomly assigned. All of them.

MD4L, you are The Re-Animator. You are Town-Aligned. Brilliantly psychotic, you may choose to target any one dead player during a Night Phase. At the beginning of the following Day Phase, that person will be revived and allowed to join the game again. You may only use this ability once. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    I get that you didn't pay much attention at the beginning of the game, but still. How the hell do you NOT revive The Detective once you start getting the hang of things, and people flat out tell you how valuable of a role that is? And what he hell was with the rampant lies? This is the most scummy I've ever seen a non-Village Idiot town-aligned player play. It was hilarious. Never change, oreo.

Hyperborean, you are The Comptroller. You are Town-Aligned. As a well respected member of your community, your vote during the Day Phase lynch will count for two. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Ignore the role name, I just picked a public official title at random to give these powers to. The whole secret vote thing was pretty amusing, amirite? But congratulations, whether Kaiser/MPG pointed you in that direction or not, you helped wiped out the Cult's best weapon, and I don't mean ability-wise; VF had everybody fooled at that point, and the lynching of him completely turned the tide of this game. Oh, and you won. There's also that, I guess. Co-MVP

Guru, you are The Reformed Gangster. You are Town-Aligned. Due to your shady past, if ever you are investigated, you will appear as "Mafia-Aligned". It's not all bad, though. If ever you are targeted by a member of the Mafia, not only will their attempt prove ineffective, you will be given the name of that person. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Poor Guru, you really seemed to be into the game, and you got offed by literally the only player who could night kill you. What the hell are the odds of that? I didn't believe it when I got scubasteve's PM, it was pretty unprompted as far as I could tell. This role was basically a non-killing Paranoid Gun Owner, but only for the Mafia.

Paddy, you are The War Veteran. You are Town-Aligned. Prone to flashbacks, if ever you are targeted during a Night Phase, you will attack and kill the person (or people) that targeted you. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    How the hell did you last so long without getting targeted? I guess not being all that active until the last few turns helped, but still. Pheltz was the only one unlucky enough to target you, and that wasn't until night 5. Hated that you roleclaimed, since that basically renders you powerless unless someone is dumb enough to not believe you. Oh well. Congrats on the victory.

Pheltz, you are The Motivator. You are Town-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may PM me the name of any one person to motivate (since it's you, we'll assume through fellatious favors). If successful, then during the next Day and Night Phases, that person will be able to use his ability twice if he so chooses (excluding killing abilities). You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Originally McNulty's role, this could have been devastating if paired with the right person (someone with an investigative ability, for instance). Too bad you literally used it only on Cult members. And then the PGO. Jesus.

Rofl, you are The Doctor. You are Town-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may target any one person to protect from any attacks for that night. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Way to go, town. You lynched your protector on the very first day. Rofl's defense was pretty non-existent, though. Bleh.

MPG, you are The Muscle. You are Mafia-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may PM me the name of any one person who, for the duration of that night, will be unable to use any abilities he or she may have. You win when Mafia-Aligned players outnumber every one else. Your fellow Mafia-Aligned players, with whom you MAY talk to outside of the game thread are: Kaiser, InjuredReserve.
    Showed his green-ness with his obsession with the serial killer above all else. Still, with how the town played, he probably could have lasted a few more days. Got screwed by IR's conversion.

Kaiser, you are The Godfather. You are Mafia-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may PM me the name of any one person who you will attack and kill. You win when Mafia-Aligned players outnumber every one else. Your fellow Mafia-Aligned players, with whom you MAY talk to outside of the game thread are: MPG, InjuredReserve.
    You/MPG told me you guys targeted Ckane because you assumed a mod would have a good role, but like I said up above, all of the roles were randomly assigned, so way to be lucky as fuck. Would have won the game had IR not turned on him, though. Obviously.

Deano, you are The Crazed Mayor and Grand Master of the Cult. You are Cult-Aligned. If ever you are investigated, you will appear as being "Town-Aligned". You may also choose to put an immediate end to any one Day Phase, which will null the lynch for that day and take the game to the next Night Phase. You win when Cult-Aligned players outnumber every one else. Your fellow Cult-Aligned player, with whom you MAY talk to outside of the game thread is: vikingfan173.
    That a scum player who appeared as Town-Aligned last so long isn't shocking. That a scum player who appeared as Town-Aligned lasted so long without ever being investigated? Nice. You've played Mafia before, and it showed. I'm not sure what the hell you were doing when you flipped out at Steve's accusations, though; even if VF survived the lynched, it was pretty clear Steve would just get him during the night. And he did. No reason to have stuck your neck out like that. Still, you came pretty close to winning it all, and had the townies given you time to actually defend yourself before they voted, who knows what would have happened? Great game, but you've probably just placed a huge target on your back for all future Mafia games. If it's any consolation, you get an MVP Honorable Mention.

Tango, you are The Headsman. You are Town-Aligned. If you so choose, you may bring a premature end to any Day Phase by forcing the lynch of whoever has the most votes at the time, as long as that person has over half of the required votes for that particular Day Phase. You activate these abilities by posting (and bolding) "Execute (the name of the person)" in the game thread. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Never got to use his ability, though without him, Centurion never would have forced the lynch on IR. I just realized the wording makes this an reusable ability. Ouch.

Ckane, you are The Detective. You are Town-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may target any one person to investigate, which will reveal to your their alignment. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    The town lost their protector, and their cop in the first full cycle. Damn.

scubasteve, you are The Serial Killer. You are Independent-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may choose to target and kill any one person. You win by surviving until the end. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    =\

Leelee, you are The Voyeur. You are Town-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may target any one person to stalk, which will reveal to you who (if anybody) that person targeted for that night. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    A common, alternate version of the cop, but Leelee never sent in a target. Between this, Ckane getting killed and Rofl getting lynched, it's pretty damn clear lady luck had money against the town.

VF, you are The Witch Doctor. You are Cult-Aligned. During any Night Phase, you may choose to target and convert any one player to Cult-Aligned. You may only use this ability once. You win when Cult-Aligned players outnumber every one else. Your fellow Cult-Aligned player, with whom you MAY talk to outside of the game thread is: The Deaner.
    Only one conversion, and it wasn't up to the leader. Why? Because, that's why. He got extremely lucky in picking up IR, and I knew as soon as that PM came in, that the game was all but set to be won by them. If you're in a secondary faction, being able to lead the charge against the primary threat is about as perfect as you can hope for. Made for a nice 1-2 with Deaner, with VF being front and center, and Deaner keeping to the shadows for the most part. Might just have won if not for Kaiser, I don't think anybody was suspicious of him.

Hunter, you are The Vigilante. You are Town-Aligned. Having had enough of this ****, you decide to take matters into your own hands. As such, during every Night Phase, you may choose to target any one person and either investigate them (which will reveal to you their alignment), protect them (which will prevent that person from being targeted by any one else), or kill them (which will straight murder them, obviously). However, you may only use each ability once, and you may not use more than one ability per Night Phase. Furthermore, each one of your abilities have a 25% chance of being unsuccessful, in which case the person you targeted will be made aware that you targeted them. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    A jack-of-all-trades who became invaluable once the town's power roles started dying off. I'm not sure what you tipped you off about IR, but I knew that as soon as you investigated him and he came up as "Cult-Aligned", his days were numbered. And they were. Good job on not exposing yourself, and just using your one-shot kill ability to simultaneously off him, and reveal the presence of the Cult. Co-MVP

Prodigy, you are The Selfless Hero. You are Town-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may choose to target any one person, in which case any and all actions directed at that person will instead be re-directed towards yourself. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    More like the selfish hero! Haha, ha, ha! You only used your ability once, and that was to protect Deaner. Good job. But hey, you won.

IR, you are The Crooked Doctor. You are Mafia-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may PM me the name of any one person who, for the duration of that night, will be protected from any and all other Night Abilities. You win when Mafia-Aligned players outnumber every one else. Your fellow Mafia-Aligned players, with whom you MAY talk to outside of the game thread are: The Kaiser, MPG.
    Great game. It was inevitable for you to turn on your former Mafiosos the moment you got turned, and you did the smart thing and let someone else take the charge so they wouldn't come after you in revenge. And had hunterm not investigated you, you might have gotten away with it.

JLash, you are The Jailer. You are Town-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may target any one person to lock up, which will prevent that person from voting on the day after's lynch. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Congratulations on the win, and your targets were all logical based on the information you had. What else is there to say?

Sancho, you are The Teller. You are Town-Aligned. As the person in charge of the poll count, during every Night Phase you will receive a PM from me revealing the number of non-Town Aligned players who voted for the previous day's lynch. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Originally DoubleDown's role. The Teller's a role that's pretty marginal at the beginning, but increases exponentially in strength the further into the game it lasts. Combined with sancho's relentless note-taking made for a hell of a threat to the scum. As a matter of fact, had Centurion not offed Sancho, his lynch report (which would have cleared all of his suspects except Deaner as being townies) would have, I assume, led to him leading the vote against Deaner (and thus, ending this game) a day early. Well played.

Centurion, you are The Chameleon. You are Town-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may target any one person whose abilities you will inherit for the following Day and Night Phases. However, you may only copy the abilities of any one person once. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Total wild card of an ability, he ended up getting better use out of his stolen powers than their original users (at least, Tango's). Shame you couldn't get on in time to defend yourself against the lynch. Even the Sancho killing was justified from his perspective - Sancho was acting scummy as hell at that point. I would have done the same thing, probably.

Broncofan, you are The Framer. You are Independent-Aligned. During every Night Phase, you may choose to target and frame any one person. For the next Day and Night Phases, that person will appear as either "Mafia-Aligned" or "Independent-Aligned" (your choice). You win by surviving until the end. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread
    I was a huge fan of this role for the chaos it could cause, too bad the detective got killed so early. And if you're wondering why the vagueness with regards to Independent-Aligned players: I didn't want to have to reveal the Cult so early, and adding a "you win if the Cult wins" condition would do just that. Having said that, The Framer could have won the game if only he and the town survived.

Phatal, you are The Bomb. You are Town-Aligned. If ever you are lynched, you will explode and take out the last person to have voted for you. If ever you are Night Killed, you will explode and take out your attacker as well. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You MAY NOT discuss the game with anybody outside of the game thread.
    Love this role. Really surprised that, just like Paddy, he basically never got targeted. Did allow me to write a post about scubasteve getting blown the **** up, though, and I'll forever be grateful for that.

NIGHT PHASE GAMELOG:
    Night One:
    The Kaiser (The Godfather, Mafia-Aligned) kills Ckane138 (The Detective, Town-Aligned)
    Vikingsteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned) kills guru_92 (The Reformed Gangster, Town-Aligned)
    Vikingfan173 (The Witch Doctor, Cult-Aligned) converts InjuredReserved (The Crooked Doctor, Mafia-Aligned) to Cult-Aligned
    Ckane138 (The Detective, Town-Aligned) chooses to investigate Vikingsteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned)
    Centurion (The Chameleon, Town-Aligned) chooses to copy Alex Rodriguez's abilities (The Voyeur, Town-Aligned)
    Broncofan7 (The Framer, Independent-Aligned) frames Vikingsteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned) to appear as Mafia-Aligned
    JLash (The Jailer, Town-Aligned) locks up The Deaner (The Crazed Mayor and Grand Master of the Cult, Cult-Aligned), preventing him from voting in the Day Two lynch
    InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Mafia-Aligned) chooses to protect VikingSteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned)

Night Two:
    Pheltz (The Motivator, Town-Aligned) chooses to motivate Vikingfan173 (The Witch Doctor, Cult-Aligned), allowing him to recruit one more person.
    Too bad InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Cult-Aligned) AND Hunterm (The Vigilante, Town-Aligned) chose to protect Vikingfan173 (The Witch Doctor, Cult-Aligned) from any and all Night Abilities, including Pheltz's.
    mpg1995 (The Muscle, Mafia-Aligned) chooses to roleblock The Deaner (The Crazed Mayor and Grand Master of the Cult, Cult-Aligned), meaning he would have shown up as "Cult-Aligned" if investigated
    Vikingsteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned) attacks Tango (The Headsman, Town-Aligned)
    JLash(The Jailer, Town-Aligned) locks up Alex Rodriguez (The Voyeur, Town-Aligned)
    Centurion (The Chameleon, Town-Aligned) successfully copies Tango's (The Headsman, Town-Aligned) ability
    Centurion (The Chameleon, Town-Aligned) successfully uses Alex Rodriguez's stalker-ability to stalk InjuredReserve, and sees him target Vikingfan173

Night Three:
    Broncofan7 (The Framer, Independent-Aligned) chooses to make Phatal (The Bomb, Town-Aligned) appear as Mafia-Aligned
    InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Cult-Aligned) protects The Deaner (The Crooked Mayor and Grand Master of the Cult, Cult-Aligned) from any and all Night Abilities
    Centurion (The Chameleon, Town-Aligned) attempts to copy The Deaner's (The Crooked Mayor and Grand Master of the Cult, Cult-Aligned) abilities (end the Day Lynch without anybody dying), but The Deaner is nowhere to be found
    Hunterm (The Vigilante, Town-Aligned) attempts to investigate InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Cult-Aligned), successful
    Pheltz (The Motivator, Town-Aligned) chooses to motivate InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Cult-Aligned), allowing him to protect two people on Night Four.
    JLash (The Jailer, Town-Aligned) locks up Broncofan7 (The Framer, Independent-Aligned)
    VikingSteve (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned) chooses to kill Alex Rodriguez (The Voyeur, Town-Aligned)

Night Four:
    InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Cult-Aligned) protects The Deaner (The Crooked Mayor and Grand Master of the Cult, Cult-Aligned) AND Vikingfan173 (The Witch Doctor, Cult-Aligned) from any and all Night Abilities
    Pheltz (The Motivator, Town-Aligned) chooses to motivate InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Cult-Aligned) again, allowing him to protect two people on Night Five (you're a terrible townie, Pheltz)
    Hunterm (The Vigilante, Town-Aligned) attempts to kill InjuredReserve (The Crooked Doctor, Cult-Aligned), successful

Night Five:
    Vikingsteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned) chooses to kill Vikingfan173 (The Witch Doctor, Cult-Aligned)
    Pheltzbahr (The Motivator, Town-Aligned) chooses to motivate PaddyPatriot (The War Veteran, Town-Aligned), resulting in Pheltzbahr getting killed
    Centurion (The Chameleon, Town-Aligned) copies Vikingsteve's (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned) ability, allowing him to kill one person on Night Six
    The Prodigy (The Selfless Hero, Town-Aligned) protects The Deaner (The Crazed Mayor and Grand Master of the Cult, Cult-Aligned), meaning any and all Night Abilities directed towards Dean will be re-directed towards The Prodigy
    JLash (The Jailer, Town-Aligned) chooses to lock up Vikingsteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned)

Night Six:
    Centurion (The Chameleon, Town-Aligned) successfully uses Vikingsteve's ability to kill SanchoPanza (The Teller, Town-Aligned)
    Vikingsteve26 (The Serial Killer, Independent-Aligned) chooses to attack Phatal (The Bomb, Town-Aligned), triggering his ability and killing both Phatal and Vikingsteve26.

Night Seven:
    JLash (The Jailer, Town-Aligned) chooses to lock up Hyperborean (The Comptroller, Town-Aligned), preventing him from voting in Day Eight's lynch.

AND COMING SOON,
    TO A GAME THREAD NEAR YOU...

Comment

• I got a well played. Feel like thats equal to a good pick from Walt in a fantasy mock draft
      sigpic

Comment

• I will take solace in the fact that tis was I to recruit IR and thus wipe out the entirety of the mafia...coolio

and yeah it was interesting to read all the roles and ****.

Thnks Chg, I will be looking forward to Mafia 2.

EDIT: and yes of course Deaner was a good mate to **** around the town with
        Last edited by vikingfan; 09-15-2011, 04:01 AM.
        2010 WF.com PPR Champion
        2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
        2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
        2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
        CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
        CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Who would you give LVP to?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SanchoPanza View Post
            Who would you give LVP to?
            Steve, without a ****ing doubt.
            2010 WF.com PPR Champion
            2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
            2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
            2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
            CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
            CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Any suggestions for player roles, factions, just in general or whatever that you may have for Mafia 2, feel free to send them my way.

Comment

• I think everyone should get some sort of role. Like no worthless players
                sigpic

Comment

I think everyone should get some sort of role. Like no worthless players
                  Everybody had a role in Mafia 1..

Comment

• Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                    Everybody had a role in Mafia 1..
                    Yeah, i meant if the game went to a big expansion like expected
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, i meant if the game went to a big expansion like expected
                      True. I detest vanilla townies, so I'll do my best to keep any out, but it depends entirely on how many sign ups the second game gets. I have about 40ish roles I can use so far, though, so it should be fine.

Comment

• I was so angry when I got killed the first night, cause I didn't know there was a serial killer. I was trying to be as active and most as much as possible to draw attention from the mafia to me. Kaiser and MPG, did you ever think of targeting me??

Vampbro for eternity

Comment

• And an amazing job Chg, I got angry at first when we got to know there was a Cult because like everyone else I thought they'd be overpowering. But you balanced it out perfectly, and like they said, they just got lucky and hit the jackpot with whom they chose.

Vampbro for eternity

Comment

• The Cult got way overblown
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                              Congrats Townies! Its too bad I couldn't join in on the victory, but I had to commit suicide trying to help.

Awesome job chg, that was a lot of fun. Looking forward to Electric Boogaloo.

JLash will probably be Cult in the next one, just so everyone knows.
                              Haha, hate hate hate hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chg91 View Post
                                CAST LIST:
                                More like the selfish hero! Haha, ha, ha! You only used your ability once, and that was to protect Deaner. Good job. But hey, you won.
                                Haha, I know!

I was dying to use my ability to save an important townsperson, but I never knew anyone who had an important role. If MD4L had revived Ckane earlier like he should have, I would have been able to use it then, but that never happened obviously.

Also, as for targeting Deaner: That was the night after he used his Mayoral powers to declare no lynch for the day. At that point, the Cult had only recently been discovered. I figured that if Deaner was the mayor, he should be protected because he would have been a likely target, and either way it would have worked for me:

Option A- Deaner was the mayor, I target him, somone tries to kill him and I die instead.
                                Option B- Deaner was the mayor, I target him, someome tries to convert him to cult, I get converted to cult instead, and am thrusted into a position of more power.

I had never even considered that Deaner could have already been cult and was still able to use his same ability as the Mayor.

Also, I feel like I played a solid game, nothing spectacular, especially considering I really knew nothing the whole time because my role didnt allow for much. I feel like throughout the whole game nobody had much idea what to make of my character, whis is good I guess. I was surprised I lasted as long as I did.

Lastly, a big thank you to Chg. The amount of time and effort he put into this game for our enjoyment is amazing. Not only was it surely time consuming for him, but the write-ups were always a great read and very entertaining. Im glad I finally made it into one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X