This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morgus View Post
    It being a religious choice does not make you immune from insecurity.
    Religion > Other people's opinions. I'll take the opinion of a higher power over the opinion of a species that I dislike. I'm comfortable with admitting that I'm a virgin, just like I'm comfortable saying that I watch My Little Pony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
      Religion > Other people's opinions. I'll take the opinion of a higher power over the opinion of a species that I dislike. I'm comfortable with admitting that I'm a virgin, just like I'm comfortable saying that I watch My Little Pony.
      Sure, sure. Because who would like a species that was cruel and hurtful to them, right?

Comment

Are you a Christian?
        pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
          You are using bad logic here by trying to say this rule that you stuck on him doesn't mean the same to you. Which could be true. But what's to say that's because it affected you and not him? You used a flawed premise in trying to make this argument. I've noticed you do that a lot. Try to bend your points to fit around a very flawed initial premise. You should work on that.
          Ugh read how I've been acting towards him, there is a general thing I keep doing in response to BB. I did this in 3 threads now.

lol keep thinking that you can't keep throwing around assumptions is a flawed premise, it's going to bite you in the ass one day. My personality is drastically different than BB's, there are certain things that BB will do that I won't do and vice versa. What you are posting around is one of those things.

Originally posted by Morgus View Post
          Sure, sure. Because who would like a species that was cruel and hurtful to them, right?
          It's a paradox that I didn't understand for a while but I've recently somewhat been able to wrap my head around it. It's kinda complicated and somewhat spiritually backed but it's something that helps understand my thinking. I wish it was more scientific.

Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
          Are you a Christian?
          Yep.

Comment

Ugh read how I've been acting towards him, there is a general thing I keep doing in response to BB. I did this in 3 threads now.

lol keep thinking that you can't keep throwing around assumptions is a flawed premise, it's going to bite you in the ass one day. My personality is drastically different than BB's, there are certain things that BB will do that I won't do and vice versa. What you are posting around is one of those things.
            Just because you did it in 3 threads doesn't mean it hasn't been a flawed premise 3 times. And coming to conclusions based on a flawed premise is bad logic, so if trying to avoid bad logic will bite me in the ass one day then ok. And logic is logic. Just because you two may do things differently, it doesn't keep you from being wrong.

Comment

It's a paradox that I didn't understand for a while but I've recently somewhat been able to wrap my head around it. It's kinda complicated and somewhat spiritually backed but it's something that helps understand my thinking. I wish it was more scientific.

Yep.
              My real point was that you have, knowingly or unknowingly, distanced yourself from other people in an attempt to neutralize any emotional pain they might inflict on you. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                Just because you did it in 3 threads doesn't mean it hasn't been a flawed premise 3 times. And coming to conclusions based on a flawed premise is bad logic, so if trying to avoid bad logic will bite me in the ass one day then ok. And logic is logic. Just because you two may do things differently, it doesn't keep you from being wrong.
                I'll be eagerly waiting for the day that you suffer because of this.

My real point was that you have, knowingly or unknowingly, distanced yourself from other people in an attempt to neutralize any emotional pain they might inflict on you. Thoughts?
                Everybody does this whether they like to admit it or not. Every person has walls and barriers that prevent people from knowing the "true person." This doesn't make me any different from any other person, now the level to which a person does it can be significant. I don't know how much I've done compared to other people because that's somewhat hard to measure.

Comment

Yep.
                  Disliking your fellow man? Tsk, tsk.
                  pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

I'll be eagerly waiting for the day that you suffer because of this.

Everybody does this whether they like to admit it or not. Every person has walls and barriers that prevent people from knowing the "true person." This doesn't make me any different from any other person, now the level to which a person does it can be significant. I don't know how much I've done compared to other people because that's somewhat hard to measure.
                    This is true. We all do it. But I wouldn't have noted it if I didn't think you'd taken it to a deeper level. After all, how many people do you know say that they hate their entire species? Couple that with your troll-esque persona, and we have the makings of a person who's experienced some serious emotional pain in the past and has developed a rather sizable (and frequently obvious) mental scab.
                    Last edited by Morgus; 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                      Disliking your fellow man? Tsk, tsk.
                      I'm not Jesus, I don't have enough forgiveness to forgive them. When I go to heaven, perhaps I'll learn the difference in thought process between Jesus and me when relating to humans. Misanthropy is a sin, just like a whole lot of other things.

Comment

I'm not Jesus, I don't have enough forgiveness to forgive them. When I go to heaven, perhaps I'll learn the difference in thought process between Jesus and me when relating to humans. Misanthropy is a sin, just like a whole lot of other things.
                        Can you get to heaven if you hate your fellow man?

Comment

OK, I'll qualify this by saying I'm not questioning the validity of your religious beliefs or trying to offend you, but just out of curiosity, where do you get the whole no sex before marriage thing in the Bible? Most of my family is Baptist, and they think the same thing, but as far as I know, it isn't in there anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            OK, I'll qualify this by saying I'm not questioning the validity of your religious beliefs or trying to offend you, but just out of curiosity, where do you get the whole no sex before marriage thing in the Bible? Most of my family is Baptist, and they think the same thing, but as far as I know, it isn't in there anywhere.
                            It's really a moot point about whether it's a religious choice or not. Look at his sig. That's classic overcompensation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                              It mainly centers around the command that "Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery" and that marriage is something that God recognizes as "two people becoming one." Sex is one of the rituals where two people become one. So per-martial sex would be violating God's will/word of two people becoming one at marriage. I'm trying to put this simply and not quote a bunch of verses.

Can you get to heaven if you hate your fellow man?
                              Yes.

It's really a moot point about whether it's a religious choice or not. Look at his sig. That's classic overcompensation.
                              You were on such a good streak until you ran into this. I didn't create VVF for myself, I created it for others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morgus View Post
                                Yeah, I'm not even gonna get into that debate. I grew up in a religious family, but my parents were always way more laid back about it than their brothers and sisters and at this point, I'm pretty much an atheist, so I'm kind of removed from the whole thing, and I just wanted to know why Kasier (and half the people I went to high school with) believed not having sex until marriage was so important.

Comment

Working...
                                X