This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah multiple games kind of sucks.

You can't focus solely on one, and the crossover between games is annoying.
    "I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work. " - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Burner View Post
      I agree with one full game at a time (I dont see why a full and a mini game can't go together.) I think we need stricter rules on RCing, and I wouldn't mind guidelines for future games. Maybe not a committee because I feel that be made up of some of the better players and that would eliminate them from playing, but I wouldn't mind helping make a set of guidelines to follow. Maybe so past mods could help as well; Chg, Swag, and Kaiser.
      How are we defining a mini-game, though? I know of the "mini-games" have been upwards of 20 people, and All Stars had 25..and I'm pretty sure it's a full game. If we said one over 20 and one under 20, I don't think it'd be too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Lynch View Post
        How are we defining a mini-game, though? I know of the "mini-games" have been upwards of 20 people, and All Stars had 25..and I'm pretty sure it's a full game. If we said one over 20 and one under 20, I don't think it'd be too bad.
        So far here its been under 15 for a mini game

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
          Meh, you guys can work it out.

I'm just co-modding and modding for months; Mafia 3 in December -- WF Mafia 2 in May, maybe flip those. Other than that, I do not give a fizzzzuckkkk
          Well I guess I'm not playing a game until December then. I look forward to it.

Originally posted by No Lynch View Post
          Who said anything about CMD? CMD is weaksauce.
          WF Mafia was happening during CMD. Although most things on this site basically stop for CMD. I know that I'll be focusing more on CMD than Mafia this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
            Whats wrong with games during football season?

Mafia 1 and 2 were both during the season and both were great.
            That was more to do with Chg making the game than it being during the season.

I'm not saying we can't have games during the season, I'm saying I'm not running one til December because I have a lot of work this semester.

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
            Well I guess I'm not playing a game until December then. I look forward to it.

WF Mafia was happening during CMD. Although most things on this site basically stop for CMD. I know that I'll be focusing more on CMD than Mafia this year.
            WF Mafia ended before the CMD started, English was the only game during the CMD.
            Originally posted by Daniel
            Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
            lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
              I think that a gap is needed between games but there needs to be a restriction on who should be able to run a game or not. There has been a policy of "if you have a game then you can run it." That needs to change immediately.

For example: Vitor should never be allowed to run anymore games.

If Swag isn't going to play then I'd say he should be one of the people to judge if a game should be played or not. That creates a standard on how good games have to be in order to get them approved. When I'm not playing games, I'd be happy to do this as well but the quality of games have gone down a lot recently.

We had that nice run of WF-SP2-MK and then it's kinda hit rock bottom IMO.
              I take issue with this statement
              A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

That was more to do with Chg making the game than it being during the season.

I'm not saying we can't have games during the season, I'm saying I'm not running one til December because I have a lot of work this semester.

WF Mafia ended before the CMD started, English was the only game during the CMD.
                I died early in English so I remember making fun of it while I was in the CMD, probably for the best...had a blast making my defense.
                2010 WF.com PPR Champion
                2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Also cougar. I'd be willing to give your test game a shot
                  A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

• Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
                    Im denying your request to start a game.

That is part of the reason that Mafia is dying. Everyone wants to start up their own short little game and it makes the other games mean less and less. We have had enough games recently and even more coming up. There is no need for another mini mafia game.
                    Blue already touched on this, but the only reason I brought up that I could to do this is to help us experiment in a small setting roleclaiming rules. Implementing wrong measures to take stances on it might kill some big games. Might as well let it see if it works on a small game first. However, if I can't get 10 people interested, I won't do it, or if most people don't want me to do it.

Comment

• I know you guys are trying to fight role-claiming, but it's really not going to work... It's the go-to defense of people, with people getting more analytical, people become suspects because they have no information on a person.

If you want activity, you can't really give vanilla roles. I tested it out by giving some tame / watered down roles in both games I've modded thus far and subsequently their interest plummeted and their participation was limited... It's been a constant complaint by several participants as well, that they feel their role isn't interesting enough.

Just straight-up eliminating role-claiming isn't exactly an option. You can try, but it's not going to work and I would pretty much guarantee that.

I know how I am rectifying it in my next game though.
                      Originally posted by Daniel
                      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                      lmao

Comment

I know you guys are trying to fight role-claiming, but it's really not going to work... It's the go-to defense of people, with people getting more analytical, people become suspects because they have no information on a person.

If you want activity, you can't really give vanilla roles. I tested it out by giving some tame / watered down roles in both games I've modded thus far and subsequently their interest plummeted and their participation was limited... It's been a constant complaint by several participants as well, that they feel their role isn't interesting enough.

Just straight-up eliminating role-claiming isn't exactly an option. You can try, but it's not going to work and I would pretty much guarantee that.

I know how I am rectifying it in my next game though.

I still say just make everybody roleclaim Day One and get it over with.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Lynch View Post
                          I still say just make everybody roleclaim Day One and get it over with.
                          This could work. Also, adding a ton of independent roles with a scum faction. Won't be as much town, and you make most the indy WC to survive the entire game/become the final one remaining.

Comment

• Make everyone's WC to go the entire game without role-claiming.
                            sigpic

Comment

• We could always have the game mods include a fake townie role claim in scum pms.

Comment

• I think having games with very broad themes would help as well Like both my Bastard Role and History mafias, both coming up within the next few months lol shamelessly self promoting

Comment

Working...
                                X