Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walterfootball Mafia Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
    Carling - Troll - Aligned kill. Its pretty obvious this is their kill, but why Carling? I don't have anything bad to say about his gameplay from when I remember playing with him, but I don't view him as a "top player" target. Maybe they went after second level good player to avoid possibly hitting a top player that might have been protected by a fellow townie? Do any of you whiteboard analysts have any clues as to why they targeted him? Don't remember him saying anything cryptic or independently insightful in this thread.
    I personally think very highly of Carling as a Mafia player, it's kind of sad that he keeps getting (what sound to be) boring roles...

    I think you hit on what happened with the bold though, I consider Carling a very good player, but he doesn't have the name recognition of the others, so it would be a more-sure thing than targeting someone like Hyperborean or IR (if he were playing) on Night 1, whose reputation is that of a Mafia Phenom, and thus having someone likely defend him and hope they are Town... Instead, you take out players you feel will not be protected that are still plausible threats and hope some role-claims force protective roles to protect important roles as opposed to the unknown players with a good rep.

    MD4L - Looks like SK attempt and obviously KFC was protected or has night immunity. Someone mentioned it earlier and I agree that the killer was convinced MD4L was scum, thus eliminating a threat to the SK and forcing the Town to come up with someone else to lynch. I actually think that was a smart play from the SK's perspective.

    So, my suspect list is coming out (4 names, at the moment) prior to the Write-Up in case I am dead.

    Not looking to create conversation about who to target tonight or lynch next, just trying to get into the mindsets of these killer(s)/factions.
    Which is why this kill attempt doesn't make sense, I am convinced it was a Psychopath Role that tried it. Town or potentially Indy (with incentive to help the Town) because as I said before we were pressed for having to decide to risk losing another lynch if it didn't work on MD4L.
    Originally posted by Daniel
    Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

    That's how you sound.
    lmao

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
      I personally think very highly of Carling as a Mafia player, it's kind of sad that he keeps getting (what sound to be) boring roles...

      I think you hit on what happened with the bold though, I consider Carling a very good player, but he doesn't have the name recognition of the others, so it would be a more-sure thing than targeting someone like Hyperborean or IR (if he were playing) on Night 1, whose reputation is that of a Mafia Phenom, and thus having someone likely defend him and hope they are Town... Instead, you take out players you feel will not be protected that are still plausible threats and hope some role-claims force protective roles to protect important roles as opposed to the unknown players with a good rep.



      Which is why this kill attempt doesn't make sense, I am convinced it was a Psychopath Role that tried it. Town or potentially Indy (with incentive to help the Town) because as I said before we were pressed for having to decide to risk losing another lynch if it didn't work on MD4L.
      In the second quote in this post ^
      MD4L - Looks like SK attempt and obviously KFC was protected or has night immunity. Someone mentioned it earlier and I agree that the killer was convinced MD4L was scum, thus eliminating a threat to the SK and forcing the Town to come up with someone else to lynch. I actually think that was a smart play from the SK's perspective.

      So, my suspect list is coming out (4 names, at the moment) prior to the Write-Up in case I am dead.


      Not looking to create conversation about who to target tonight or lynch next, just trying to get into the mindsets of these killer(s)/factions.
      The bold was supposed to be what I was saying, but I accidentally put it in pheltzbahr's quote. Just clarifying.
      Originally posted by Daniel
      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

      That's how you sound.
      lmao

      Comment


      • Great job Swag

        MD4L's new avatar scare's the **** out of me.

        Did anyone else see CJ rushing a bandwagon Lynch after he accused me of it LOL. Good thing it was a Troll aligned player. I just thought that was funny.
        Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by EllijayFalconsFan View Post
          The Ckane kill could also be sour grapes from Midnight of Madness. With so many other strong players like Hunter, Mdb, Sanchez, Nlights, yourself, and myself available I have a hard time thinking they went after Ckane because he was a good player.

          In Midnight of Madness Carling was a super smart player who had me pinned as the monster killer but didn't have the ca-hones to say it. If I had to guess who would be threatened by Carling it would have been someone from my vampire faction.....namely Guru.
          What have you played, one game? You should have seen my first attempt at Mafia, suicide ftl. I don't think you're at genius level target quite yet, but thanks for the compliment. I think CKane has a rep as a very good player.

          I hope sour grapes from old games don't come into play, its pretty silly. But i guess its possible, its happened before. Lynch JLash
          pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
            Which is why this kill attempt doesn't make sense, I am convinced it was a Psychopath Role that tried it. Town or potentially Indy (with incentive to help the Town) because as I said before we were pressed for having to decide to risk losing another lynch if it didn't work on MD4L.
            It still makes sense to me from a SK perspective, but I guess I'm kind of alone on that theory. Psychopath would actually work better, so yes, that is now my preferred theory as well.
            pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

            Comment


            • Originally posted by EllijayFalconsFan View Post
              The Ckane kill could also be sour grapes from Midnight of Madness. With so many other strong players like Hunter, Mdb, Sanchez, Nlights, yourself, and myself available I have a hard time thinking they went after Ckane because he was a good player.

              In Midnight of Madness Carling was a super smart player who had me pinned as the monster killer but didn't have the ca-hones to say it. If I had to guess who would be threatened by Carling it would have been someone from my vampire faction.....namely Guru.
              Why do you say Guru? I'm curious now.
              Originally posted by Daniel
              Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

              That's how you sound.
              lmao

              Comment


              • Originally posted by EllijayFalconsFan View Post
                The Ckane kill could also be sour grapes from Midnight of Madness. With so many other strong players like Hunter, Mdb, Sanchez, Nlights, yourself, and myself available I have a hard time thinking they went after Ckane because he was a good player.

                In Midnight of Madness Carling was a super smart player who had me pinned as the monster killer but didn't have the ca-hones to say it. If I had to guess who would be threatened by Carling it would have been someone from my vampire faction.....namely Guru.
                Underline - Ha, nice one.

                Bold part - Let's see. Vampire faction-
                Ckane: Dead
                Chg: Running game
                You: Clearly not suspicious
                Guru: Only one remaining

                Anybody else find his post strange? Not scummy. Not indicating. Just really...unnecessary?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
                  Underline - Ha, nice one.

                  Bold part - Let's see. Vampire faction-
                  Ckane: Dead
                  Chg: Running game
                  You: Clearly not suspicious
                  Guru: Only one remaining

                  Anybody else find his post strange? Not scummy. Not indicating. Just really...unnecessary?
                  Hah, I just read the portion with the underlined bit. The bold of guru caught my attention.

                  Yeah, Hyperborean is really terrible at this game. So am I... but you're right, they should definitely kill you, Eli, instead of one of us.
                  Originally posted by Daniel
                  Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                  That's how you sound.
                  lmao

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
                    Great job Swag

                    MD4L's new avatar scare's the **** out of me.

                    Did anyone else see CJ rushing a bandwagon Lynch after he accused me of it LOL. Good thing it was a Troll aligned player. I just thought that was funny.
                    Are you stupid? I posted saying I was going to think and that link was link was my top suspect and I voted for him accordingly and guess what he turned out to be scum. You bandwagoned to lynch me because youre buddies sancho and Eli thought it was a good idea. You didn't even hear me out

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                      Why do you say Guru? I'm curious now.
                      If we are trying to think of theories as to why Carling was killed I think a scum faction that Guru is in may have targeted him because we were wary of him from Midnight of Madness. Get it?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chicagojay View Post
                        Are you stupid? I posted saying I was going to think and that link was link was my top suspect and I voted for him accordingly and guess what he turned out to be scum. You bandwagoned to lynch me because youre buddies sancho and Eli thought it was a good idea. You didn't even hear me out
                        Come on dude-bro chill out.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chicagojay View Post
                          Are you stupid?
                          I think we all know the answer to this.
                          pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chicagojay View Post
                            Are you stupid? I posted saying I was going to think and that link was link was my top suspect and I voted for him accordingly and guess what he turned out to be scum. You bandwagoned to lynch me because youre buddies sancho and Eli thought it was a good idea. You didn't even hear me out
                            I'm just confused... When were you up for lynch?

                            Originally posted by EllijayFalconsFan View Post
                            If we are trying to think of theories as to why Carling was killed I think a scum faction that Guru is in may have targeted him because we were wary of him from Midnight of Madness. Get it?
                            Got it, but you're still scum.

                            Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                            I think we all know the answer to this.
                            You must be me, you're relentless this game Kidding, I don't know who you are... I'll figure it out though...eventually.
                            Originally posted by Daniel
                            Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                            That's how you sound.
                            lmao

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                              I think we all know the answer to this.
                              Joe is just spirited
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Even though the doc went away as ususal, this must be the best start in all mafia games??


                                Vampbro for eternity

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X