• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragnarok
    replied
    Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    Huh? All-Stars had like 7 recruits.
    There were a total number of recruitments that could be used througout the game. They didnt use theirs so All Stars got them.

Leave a comment:

• Morgus
    replied
    They started out OPed, intentionally because of what Pheltz wanted the game to become. But because Clov and PR got lynched early, the All-stars turned into a really OPed faction. Just how I see it. Doesn't mean they didn't play well and doesn't mean we didn't suck.

Leave a comment:

• Ragnarok
    replied
    Originally posted by Morgus View Post
    Because of Rag's role, he got a different gun in the writeups. And the caveat for motivator applied if I was town as well, which I was.
    Me choosing a permanent kill ability after I had used my abilities once each was that change. And that was part of a town role. It changed again after I became the leader of the All Stars.

Also, there were like 17 different investigative roles. And 2 doctors.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by No Lynch View Post
    If PR and I had used used our recruiting Nights 1-3 successfully, there was no recruitment from Night Four onward.
    Huh? All-Stars had like 7 recruits.

Leave a comment:

• Clovdyx
    replied
    Yeah, but the reason Recruiters are considered balanced is because you can kill the snake by cutting off the head. Instead it just grew another.
    If PR and I had used used our recruiting Nights 1-3 successfully, there was no recruitment from Night Four onward.

Leave a comment:

• Morgus
    replied
    Originally posted by Simonds View Post
    The Godfathers were overpowered, but there were a number of balancing factors that people are overlooking. They lost their investigation protection after they recruited; roles like motivator lost effectiveness if they targeted scum even if they were converted; hints in the write up regarding factional kills and specific gun usage; limits to how many people they could recruit and have on their team at one time; penalties if they targeted each other, etc. etc.
    Because of Rag's role, he got a different gun in the writeups. And the caveat for motivator applied if I was town as well, which I was.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by Simonds View Post
    Also, a hidden caveat from my role:

You were right SwAg.
    Yep. Lie Detectors are so much fun to **** with.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    Yeah, but the reason Recruiters are considered balanced is because you can kill the snake by cutting off the head. Instead it just grew another.

Leave a comment:

• Simonds
    replied
    Also, a hidden caveat from my role:

-Questions related to the Team Leaders will assume they are Town Aligned.
    You were right SwAg.

Leave a comment:

• Simonds
    replied
    The Godfathers were overpowered, but there were a number of balancing factors that people are overlooking. They lost their investigation protection after they recruited; roles like motivator lost effectiveness if they targeted scum even if they were converted; hints in the write up regarding factional kills and specific gun usage; limits to how many people they could recruit and have on their team at one time; penalties if they targeted each other, etc. etc.

Leave a comment:

• Morgus
    replied
    Originally posted by No Lynch View Post
    See, I understood it as have three factions fighting and the Town's job was to overpower whoever was left at the end of the battle. Essentially, do your best to stay alive, and then conquer the few remaining scum.
    I think the most likely scenario is town getting picked off/recruited and the 3 factions fighting for the win. Town would be screwed.

Leave a comment:

• Clovdyx
    replied
    All of the factions were designed to be overpowered Rag, the mechanics of the game made it so that Town was supposed to be essentially gone in 5 Days and then just have 3 factions fighting.
    See, I understood it as have three factions fighting and the Town's job was to overpower whoever was left at the end of the battle. Essentially, do your best to stay alive, and then conquer the few remaining scum.

Leave a comment:

• Morgus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
    This game ended up being one strong faction with a certain number of recruitments that started out as one person. Not OP.
    For better or worse, due to certain in-game events, they became OP.

Edit: and as Swag said, they did actually start out as OP'd, and it only became more pronounced with the other factions dying off so soon.

Leave a comment:

• SwAg Dynasty
    replied
    All of the factions were designed to be overpowered Rag, the mechanics of the game made it so that Town was supposed to be essentially gone in 5 Days and then just have 3 factions fighting.

Leave a comment:

• Ragnarok
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfan View Post
    The Whole All-Star faction was.
    This game ended up being one strong faction with a certain number of recruitments that started out as one person. Not OP.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X