• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    Originally posted by Simonds View Post
    Ok, that's fair.
    I understand that it sucked for you being the extremely weak role, but I think it was a smart decision by the mods and made sense for your group.

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    Originally posted by PSUShenanigans View Post
    Yeah i dont think aliens were underpowered there Kaiser...but IR, Rio 2 was the worst modded game I've played in. I had pm's messed up, forgotten, night phases ended early because 'he felt like it', and the response time was just terrible when there needed vote counts/write ups, like he forgot he was modding the game. If BB didn't help, that woulda been epically terrible.
    Did you play in Superheroes. Bc that was definitely worse. We had phases that were 48 hours late.

Leave a comment:

• Simonds
    replied
    Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    God that isn't what I am saying at all. I said you guys were balanced pretty well. Maybe slightly leaning towards being stronger. I said you were what balanced them bc the rest of the team was too strong for all of the above reasons.
    Ok, that's fair.

Leave a comment:

• PR
    replied
    Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    [09:21 pm] King_SwAg: Thank God I'm not like PR, otherwise I would have hung myself in frustration already
    Did you just call me suicidal?

Leave a comment:

• Simonds
    replied
    Originally posted by Prodigy View Post
    How the hell do you keep getting such awesome roles?
    Part of it is that I keep getting converted to scum. But let's see:

Mafia 2: Awesome role that was negated somewhat by being the replacement for an undeniably scum player. I was vanilla after I got converted to a zombie.
    Rio I: Great role. Would not have been able to win if it hadn't been somewhat OP'd. Still, being half of a two-man scum faction in a huge game is not an enviable position to be in.
    Rio II: Terrible role. Not that it was uninteresting but it was worse than vanilla as scum roles go.
    NFL Mafia: Another great role. Night writeups gave away exactly who I was though.
    Mafia All Stars: Amazing town role, but pretty much useless scum role. On average my roles were good but not great in this game.

Four really great roles, but two of them were wiped out and replaced with standardish roles after half a game or so.

Leave a comment:

• PSU
    replied
    Yeah i dont think aliens were underpowered there Kaiser...but IR, Rio 2 was the worst modded game I've played in. I had pm's messed up, forgotten, night phases ended early because 'he felt like it', and the response time was just terrible when there needed vote counts/write ups, like he forgot he was modding the game. If BB didn't help, that woulda been epically terrible.

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    I actually enjoyed the treasure hunt aspect in the beginning, I was just disappointed my role didn't change at all once I found my buddies. I think we were a powerful scum faction but not the OP'd beast you're making us out to be. For instance we didn't have a godfather. Our role names were helpful but they only really came into play after a few of our team members had died. In terms of usefulness my role was worse than vanilla, and we had another role that was basically devoted to trolling other people. Not exactly unstoppable.
    God that isn't what I am saying at all. I said you guys were balanced pretty well. Maybe slightly leaning towards being stronger. I said you were what balanced them bc the rest of the team was too strong for all of the above reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Simonds
    replied
    I understand why you would feel bored, but honestly your role was essential. Because without you the aliens are the most overpowered scum team ever. You have JLash who made all of you appear as town while he was alive. One of the strongest roles ever (not Vitor's fault he dies early). You also have a killer and a roleblocker. But, most important is that outside of Walt's role you all were friendly aliens. In a game where appearence is everything you guys were allowed to operate in the open because your characters, although scum, were friendly in reality. That is an enormous asset.
    I actually enjoyed the treasure hunt aspect in the beginning, I was just disappointed my role didn't change at all once I found my buddies. I think we were a powerful scum faction but not the OP'd beast you're making us out to be. For instance we didn't have a godfather. Our role names were helpful but they only really came into play after a few of our team members had died. In terms of usefulness my role was worse than vanilla, and we had another role that was basically devoted to trolling other people. Not exactly unstoppable.

Leave a comment:

• Prodigy
    replied
    Here are my games/results:

Mafia 2: Replaced Leelee as Mafia Godfather after the Who's Online debacle. I survived one lynch, freaked people out by claiming Superman, and then became the first Zombie after our mafia faction started to fall apart. Technically I didn't win but my faction did. I helped MD4L to his first victory by laying out the eventual winning strategy for Zombie-aligned.
    Rio I: Started as the Thief, Town-Aligned but after a night 1 cluster**** I got my own scum faction with a one-time recruiting ability. I chose the then-unknown NorthernCharge and we somehow dodged a million bullets to victory. I don't see how any ending to a mafia game could be any sweeter, ARRIBA, SOMBREROS, ARRIBAAAAAA hahaha.
    Rio II: After a long hiatus I made my return as Alf, Alien Co-op Aligned. Our faction had as good a chance as any to start the game out but we had horrible luck early that sealed our fate. Meanwhile my role was worse than useless as I couldn't even talk to my scummates until I located one of them. I had figured out that cult was close to victory by the time I was lynched but no one paid me much attention and I wasn't inclined to help out the town too much anyway.
    NFL Mafia: I was Michael Vick, Mafia-aligned in this one to start things out. I could investigate people with a chance of killing them. However, after working together as scum in Rio II, Walt paid me $100M to join his team and I became Daniel Snyder-aligned. Things were going smoothly until my former mafiosos tried to get my lynched by idiotically outing me in the thread. I made sure to take them down with me, but they still inexplicably won when Citizen Kane outlasted the field. Clov still hasn't forgiven me, despite the fact that he betrayed me first and he still ended up a winner.
    Mafia All Stars: Started the game off as The Truth Seeker, part of the town. After some controversial play, I was lynched halfway through the game and revived as SwAg's mason partner. The very next night I was converted to All Stars (becoming the Propaganda Writer in the process), and along with Rags went on to bring in the victory for the All Stars faction.
    How the hell do you keep getting such awesome roles?

Leave a comment:

• Simonds
    replied
    Here are my games/results:

Mafia 2: Replaced Leelee as Mafia Godfather after the Who's Online debacle. I survived one lynch, freaked people out by claiming Superman, and then became the first Zombie after our mafia faction started to fall apart. Technically I didn't win but my faction did. I helped MD4L to his first victory by laying out the eventual winning strategy for Zombie-aligned.
    Rio I: Started as the Thief, Town-Aligned but after a night 1 cluster**** I got my own scum faction with a one-time recruiting ability. I chose the then-unknown NorthernCharge and we somehow dodged a million bullets to victory. I don't see how any ending to a mafia game could be any sweeter, ARRIBA, SOMBREROS, ARRIBAAAAAA hahaha.
    Rio II: After a long hiatus I made my return as Alf, Alien Co-op Aligned. Our faction had as good a chance as any to start the game out but we had horrible luck early that sealed our fate. Meanwhile my role was worse than useless as I couldn't even talk to my scummates until I located one of them. I had figured out that cult was close to victory by the time I was lynched but no one paid me much attention and I wasn't inclined to help out the town too much anyway.
    NFL Mafia: I was Michael Vick, Mafia-aligned in this one to start things out. I could investigate people with a chance of killing them. However, after working together as scum in Rio II, Walt paid me $100M to join his team and I became Daniel Snyder-aligned. Things were going smoothly until my former mafiosos tried to get my lynched by idiotically outing me in the thread. I made sure to take them down with me, but they still inexplicably won when Citizen Kane outlasted the field. Clov still hasn't forgiven me, despite the fact that he betrayed me first and he still ended up a winner.
    Mafia All Stars: Started the game off as The Truth Seeker, part of the town. After some controversial play, I was lynched halfway through the game and revived as SwAg's mason partner. The very next night I was converted to All Stars (becoming the Propaganda Writer in the process), and along with Rags went on to bring in the victory for the All Stars faction.

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
    I'm pissed about it too because we might have actually been able to do something if you had a role worth a damn.

No, just no. It was modded terribly. We had to wait on several day/night phases to end.

I think I'm going to puke. It's alright for you guys to grade me differently because of name but if I do it then it's like OMG YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT BECAUSE IT'S NOT RIGHT!!!
    People have to wait for certain phases to end in almost all games. In Rio 2 it was rarely more than a few hours occassionally.

To show the site's hipocrisy when it comes to Vitor just look at Superheroes. Altogether, in terms of time wasted waiting there was at a minimum an added week onto that game. Don't get me wrong I had a blast playing it. However, Vitor modded that game about twice as effectively if not more. Yet Vitor gets **** on and Guru got tons of compliments.

And you really do overrate yourself. Just like you are obsessed with acting like your this pivotal forum figure. Go for it its fine. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• Pain
    replied
    I think I do legitimately get to gripe about Rio II seeing as how I was isolated from my teammates to start the game and I was essentially vanilla throughout. It was interesting at first and I tried to make the best of it later in the game but that had to have been the worst scum role ever.
    I'm pissed about it too because we might have actually been able to do something if you had a role worth a damn.

Fair enough that Rio 1 had its flaws. But, Rio 2 was actually one of our most balanced games. And it was run epically more efficiently than a bunch of games that I can think of.
    No, just no. It was modded terribly. We had to wait on several day/night phases to end.

I think most people put you where you deserve. Its not the forums fault you overrate yourself.
    I think I'm going to puke. It's alright for you guys to grade me differently because of name but if I do it then it's like OMG YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT BECAUSE IT'S NOT RIGHT!!!

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    I think I do legitimately get to gripe about Rio II seeing as how I was isolated from my teammates to start the game and I was essentially vanilla throughout. It was interesting at first and I tried to make the best of it later in the game but that had to have been the worst scum role ever.
    I understand why you would feel bored, but honestly your role was essential. Because without you the aliens are the most overpowered scum team ever. You have JLash who made all of you appear as town while he was alive. One of the strongest roles ever (not Vitor's fault he dies early). You also have a killer and a roleblocker. But, most important is that outside of Walt's role you all were friendly aliens. In a game where appearence is everything you guys were allowed to operate in the open because your characters, although scum, were friendly in reality. That is an enormous asset.

Leave a comment:

• pheltzbahr
    replied
    I'm the best game mod, that should be obvious to everyone. trollol

Leave a comment:

• InjuredReserve
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
    Just like you guys would grade my mafia play differently if I wasn't Kaiser.
    I think most people put you where you deserve. Its not the forums fault you overrate yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X