This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter View Post
    Definitely not your fault at all. Don't know why Clov protected Swag though.

Why couldn't you recruit Swag night 2?
    I couldn't recruit Swag night 2 because he hadn't used his revival yet (which I still think is B.S. because I think we could've used the ability to revive a dead town into the cult)

Clov, however, decided to try the other route. Try to win town to his side as a "protector" so he can recruit people later after giving them a lax sense of security. However, revealing himself to be a recruiter and a killer sort of... yeah ended that hope.
    Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• I'm going to get slammed for quitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
        I'm going to get slammed for quitting.
        Yep, and it's just something you'll have to take.
        Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Originally posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
          Yep, and it's just something you'll have to take.
          Sort of like Swag having a worse last day than Blue when Swag pulled Cthulu on him.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• VI was fun/very frustrating. Did well with it though. only missed a reward a night or two
            2013 BDL and 2014 CMD Champion

Comment

• I'm just deflated because I knew I couldn't/very likely wouldn't get recruited.

Comment

• So at one point Rags was a JOAT with an inheritable kill and recruiting ability. Damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
                  I'm just deflated because I knew I couldn't/very likely wouldn't get recruited.
                  This. I hate playing as town, especially passive town. It's just so boring.

Comment

• MAFIA ROLES

Role 1 - All Star Leader

Welcome to All Stars, CKane138, you are:

All Star Leader, All Star Aligned

As Leader of The All Stars, your mission is to recruit the best team to achieve game dominance. Each night you have the option to attempt to recruit another player to your team, but you may only recruit 3 players. If you are blocked or your recruitment is unsuccessful, it will not count as an attempt. But be careful who you target to recruit, as there may be another like you. If you target that person, he will recognize what you are doing and kill you instead.

In addition to your recruitment powers, you may choose to kill, protect or roleblock another player on nights you do not attempt to recruit. If you target another like you with any of these abilities, that ability will be performed on you. If investigated, you will show up Town Aligned.

Win Condition: You win when your team outnumbers the Town and any other factions.

Communication: You may communicate with any players you have recruited.

PM Actions: Recruit/Kill/Protect/Roleblock “Player X”

-Recruited BodyBurner Night 1
                    -Recruited Walter Night 2
                    -Recruited mdb17 Night 4

-Killed Day 5: Recruit/Kill passed to Walter

Hidden:

-Kill Weapon: Uzi
                    -If two Team Leaders target the same player on the same night (Recruitment or otherwise), that player is not recruited (killed, RBd, protected) and loses virality of power (75%, 50%, 25%, 0% for each subsequent multiple target) if he successfully gets recruited in the future.
                    -Team Leaders are immune from NKs until they have recruited one player. Team Leader Kill/Recruitment (protect and RB are not) is factional and replaces their original ability, while investigation immunity is not.
                    -Unused recruitments accrued by Team Leaders will be transferable to other Teams if their factions get wiped out and are not at full strength for a total of 9 recruitments. Individual Teams may never be larger than 4 players or recruit more than 6 total.
                    -Players that have already been recruited cannot be recruited again.

Assessment: As with all 3 Team Leaders, he had a super OPd Godfather/Recruiter/JOAT role, but faced 22 Town Aligned Players on Day 1. He took the route of recruiting early to build a useful squad, and I can’t criticize any of his Night Actions. Killing Snake, who was fuego btw, was a necessity on Night 3 and CKane actually recruited two typical scum roles in Walter’s Redirector and mdb’s Roleblocker. CKane was sniffed out by a few early in the game, but I think most of that had to do with the mass roleclaiming. Overall I think he did the best with the time he had and was the only successful Team Leader.

Role 2 - All Pro Leader

Welcome to All Stars, PhoenixRogue, you are:

All Pro Leader, All-Pro Aligned

As Leader of The All Pros, your mission is to recruit the best team to achieve game dominance. Each night you have the option to attempt to recruit another player to your team, but you may only recruit 3 players. If you are blocked or your recruitment is unsuccessful, it will not count as an attempt. But be careful who you target to recruit, as there may be another like you. If you target that person, he will recognize what you are doing and kill you instead.

In addition to your recruitment powers, you may choose to kill, protect or roleblock another player on nights you do not attempt to recruit. If you target another like you with any of these abilities, that ability will be performed on you. If investigated, you will show up Town Aligned.

Win Condition: You win when your team outnumbers the Town and any other factions.

Hidden:

-Weapon: AK-47
                    -If two Team Leaders target the same player on the same night (Recruitment or otherwise), that player is not recruited (killed, RBd, protected) and loses virality of power (75%, 50%, 25%, 0% for each subsequent multiple target) if he successfully gets recruited in the future.
                    -Team Leaders are immune from NKs until they have recruited one player. Team Leader Kill/Recruitment (protect and RB are not) is factional and replaces their original ability, while investigation immunity is not.
                    -Unused recruitments accrued by Team Leaders will be transferable to other Teams if their factions get wiped out and are not at full strength for a total of 9 recruitments. Individual Teams may never be larger than 4 players or recruit more than 6 total.

Assessment: Man, PR ran into the worst luck in the world on his Night Actions, tried to recruit SwAg Night 2 (One of three unrecruitable at that point) sandwiched by being blocked twice by mdb while a kill that had not been seen before occurred on the night he wasn’t blocked. I think he was busy with RL stuff too, so that probably took a bit away from his ability to defend himself in the thread from mdb’s early suspicions. Had he gotten a recruitment off on N2, the game would have been drastically different.

Role 3 - All World Leade
                    r

Welcome to All Stars, No Lynch, you are:

All World Leader, All World Aligned

As Leader of The All Worlds, your mission is to recruit the best team to achieve game dominance. Each night you have the option to attempt to recruit another player to your team, but you may only recruit 3 players. If you are blocked or your recruitment is unsuccessful, it will not count as an attempt. But be careful who you target to recruit, as there may be another like you. If you target that person, he will recognize what you are doing and kill you instead.

Hidden:

-Weapon: Shotgun

Assessment
                    - Yech. Sorry Clov, but as I discussed with you after you were lynched, I thought your strategy and Night Actions were horrible. Didn’t make any sense to protect SwAg on Night 1, even though you thought you were trying to blend in as Town, and then kill Blue on Night 2. If you were trying to go for the “Under the Radar” method, you should have just protected yourself every night until you felt you could operate freely. Should have been evident that wasn’t possible with the amount of early RCs and you should have started recruiting Night 2 seeing how stuff was going down. Played well in the thread and garnered some support from the Townies, but was undone by Snake’s watching of Blue. Wasn’t happy that he basically mapped out the game for the Town during his Day 3 Lynch and could be considered for Town MVP. There would have been rampant speculation/confusion if he didn’t reveal the structure of the game.

TOWN ROLES

Role 4 - Cop (Alignment Investigator)

Welcome to All Stars, SanchoPanza, you are:

The Cop, Town Aligned

As The Cop, you are one of the Town’s most powerful members. Each Night Phase, PM me a player’s name and you will find out their Alignment.

You may communicate outside the game thread with: No one

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Town.

PM Actions: “Investigate X.”

Hidden: If converted, only 75% success rate.

Assessment: Played his normal under the radar game that is interpreted by most as his scum game, but still was able to soft claim Cop without giving himself up completely to everyone in the thread. Didn’t find one scum with his investigations, but helped clear a lot of Townies and softly steered lynches away from who he thought was clear. Sancho had a subtle game if you watched closely and is somewhat underrated, even if the Elite’s think they have a read on him. Of course targeting MD4L, who had basically claimed PGO at that point, was pretty dumb and he offed himself pheltz style on the pivotal Night 6 phase.

Role 5 - Doctor (Protector)

Welcome to All Stars, Blue, you are:

The Doctor, Town Aligned

As the Town’s Doctor, you may protect any player, or yourself, from a Night Kill attempt. PM me the name of who you would like to protect each Night Phase.

PM Actions: “Protect Player X.”

Hidden: If converted, can no longer target self.

Assessment: Blue had a great game both in the thread and with his Night Actions. The only thing that really would have put him over the top was that he didn’t protect Snake Night 3, when it was pretty obvious Snake was a huge help to the Town. Successfully protected himself Night 2 and SwAg later on in the game. Played well in the thread and had plenty of positive play to go along with inevitable Town wrongness. If Blue had a following amongst the Townies, he could have led them to victory.

Award: Town MVP

Role 6 - Jack of all Trades

Welcome to All Stars, Ragnarok, you are:

Jack of All Trades, Town Aligned

As the Jack of All Trades, you have a variety of tools at your disposal. Each night, you have a choice of using one of these abilities: Kill, Protect, Roleblock, Alignment Investigate or Role Name Investigate. You may not use the same ability again before using all of the others first.

PM Actions: “Kill/Protect/Roleblock/Alignment Investigate/Role Name Investigate Player X.”

-Night 1 - Alignment Investigate
                    -Night 2 - Rolename Investigate
                    -Night 3 - Roleblock
                    -Night 4 - Kill
                    -Night 5 - Protect
                    -Night 6 - Choose Kill as permanent: Weapon - Silenced handgun.

-Inherited Mafia Team Leader Kill/Recruit Post Night 6
                    -Recruit Simonds Night 7 (5)
                    -Recruit Hunter Night 8 (6)

Hidden: If still alive after all abilities are exhausted, gets to choose one of the abilities as permanent for the rest of the game.
                    -Weapon: .357 Magnum

Assessment
                    - Ragnarok had a fantastic game both as Town and Scum. He was successful as JOAT in killing BB as scum (Ironic), and was a great asset to the All Stars victory post recruitment. Rags was the only All Star during one Day Phase, facing 10 Townies, but subsequently recruited Simonds and Hunter, while coordinating very well with Walter behind the scenes. Rags isn’t terribly great in the thread, but he does enough to get by and not have everyone suspect him simultaneously. I thought he was going to over do it in the thread, post Walter bussing, but that was a pretty brilliant move and Rags jumped on it quick, like maybe 10 minutes after the Night phase ended, it was a great play. I think he was the most consistent player from beginning to end, so he gets my nod as MVP.

Award: Mafia All Stars Game MVP

Role 7 - Watcher - Sees who targets the target.

Welcome to All Stars, Snake, you are:

The Watcher, Town Aligned

As The Watcher, you can get a peek at what is going on behind the scenes. Each night, PM me the name of a player you want to watch and you will find out who has targeted that player.

PM Actions: “Watch Player X.”

Assessment - Snake was the early MVP for the Town and the Game with his choice of targets and he cleared/outed many players early. I mean seriously, 7 targets seen in 2 ability uses? That has to be a record. Recognized as a threat early by the All Stars and offed Night 3. Blame Blue for that one Snake. Didn’t really notice much of his gameplay as it was mostly a straight forward RC and results reveal play. He did what he should have to give the Town an early advantage, but paid the ultimate price.

Role 8 - Detective (Alignment Comparison)

Welcome to All Stars, Hunter, you are:

The Detective, Town Aligned

As The Detective, you have the ability to compare two players each night phase and you will find out if those players have the same or differing alignments.

PM Actions: “Compare Player X and Player Y.”

Hidden: If a Team Leader is used to compare, they will be compared as Town. If two Team Leaders are compared, they will investigate “Not Aligned.”

Assessment - Hunter was pretty quiet in the game thread while he was Town, and was caught up in the Snake Watching scenario. He successfully avoided Lynch without roleclaiming, and I give major credit to that, as I hate RCing in general as it gives scum an advantage. Eventually he RCd with results and was recruited to that All Stars. He was AS for all of 1 phase and played a martyr role for bussing, which I thought was a mistake at the time. Shows what I know, or it shows how dumb the Town really is.

Role 9 - PGO - Semi-Unrecruitable

Welcome to All Stars, miamidolphin4life, you are:

The Paranoid Gun Owner, Town Aligned

As the PGO, you don’t trust anybody. If any player targets you during a Night Phase, their ability is null and you will kill them instead. If you are targeted by more than 1 player during any Night Phase, your ability will be enhanced, possibly positively or negatively.

Hidden: If targeted by 2 players, second ability used is effective. If targeted by 3 or more players, all abilities are null and PGO must choose one player of the group to Kill/Swap.
                    -Weapon: Hunting rifle.

Assessment - Frogs was pretty quiet in the game thread, and that may have been by design, but he didn’t get targeted until Sancho inexplicably did on Night 6. He actually had some spot on thoughts, but they never really caught traction. Was sheep late in the game and was the last Townie to die. Had IRL things to deal with late in the game, again hope everythings works out well there.

Role 10 - Bomb

Welcome to All Stars, SirA, you are:

The Bomb, Town Aligned

As The Bomb, if you are lynched, you may choose any player who voted for you to take with you and kill them as well.

PM Actions: When Lynched PM: “Kill Player X.”

Assessment - A victim of stupidity. SirA was actually suspected early by a few and didn’t really contribute much to the thread other than voting for Vitor. His repeated *tick tock* should have been obvious to anyone reading the thread, especially when SwAg made note in the thread that he knew what SirA was. Vitor didn’t notice and was threatened by that one vote on him so... SirA’s death was actually the catalyst for PR being busted even though it was pure coincidence, so he’s somewhat of a martyr.

Role 11 - Mayor - Double Vote

Welcome to All Stars, vikingfan, you are:

The Mayor, Town Aligned

As the Mayor, you have influence with the Town and thus have a double vote during each Day Phase. In addition, you have two One Time abilities: You may end a Day Phase without a Lynch once. You may also reduce someone’s lynchable vote number by 50% once, but at the expense of losing your vote for that Day.

PM Actions:

-”End Day Phase X.” (Day phase PM) - USED DAY ONE
                    -”Reduce Vote Player X.” (Night Phase PM) - USED NIGHT 5

Assessment
                    - vikingfan started off very strong by saving IR from his Day 1 lynch, but succumbed to his tunnel vision in thinking SwAg was scum. Not being able to see that you might be wrong is endemic in Mafia on WF and VFs play in this game just reinforced the notion. He’s not the only one to fall into this self trap, as many other notably strong players have done the same in past games. Wasn’t all too great on using the double vote, but the shotgun method was noticeably absent, so that’s a positive, especially where his ability could have very detrimental if used that way.

Role 12 - Reviver

Welcome to All Stars, SwAg Dynasty, you are:

The Reviver, Town Aligned

As The Reviver, you have a one time ability of bringing a dead player back to life. This player will form a Mason Group with you going forward in the game.

You may communicate outside the game thread with: No one prior to using ability. May communicate with player after revival.

PM Actions: “Revive Player X”

Hidden: Cannot be recruited prior to using ability.

Assessment - SwAg was running away with MVP for the first 2/3rd of this game. It really is amazing to watch him play from an omniscient view. His Day 1 battle with IR was one sided and I was trying to figure out what he was doing. Iwas discussing it with rack in our chat and then it hit me that he was trying to get IR lynched, and if he came up Town, he was going to revive him as his mason. If he was scum, he just gained ultra street cred. The #1 and #2 players in a Mason for the Town would have been pretty overwhelming in the Thread. The turning point ironically came after he revived Simonds, and subsequently Simonds was converted to All Star the following night. I had faith SwAg was going to put all the pieces together, and he probably would have if Simonds hadn’t been very good in their Mason chat. I told rack not to talk at all to SwAg in there, as he gleens info from even the lightest of conversations, so i am surprised he trusted Simonds after Simonds “changed” his choice of investigations that they had agreed upon. Overall a top 3 performance for the Town, which may not say much, but he was playing multiple levels higher than anyone else for the majority of the game.

Role 13 - Reflector

Welcome to All Stars, Kaiser, you are:

The Reflector, Town Aligned

As The Reflector, any night actions that you are targeted with are reversed. For example, if you are targeted for investigation, you will be given the investigation report on that player. All Night actions are applicable.

Hidden: If targeted by a Team Leader, kills him and assumes his role. If multiple people targets him on same night, 50% chance on subsequent reflection being successful for each. If targeted by multiple Team Leaders on same night for conversion, the first one is used and the others will show as failures.

Assessment - This role probably wasn’t the active role that Kaiser really wanted, but you have to make do with what you’ve got. Vitor’s early target and suicide on Kaiser allowed him to get creative with his role in the thread and he claimed X shot to try and get other scum to take a shot and kill him, no one bought it though. He had early suspicion of CKane, based on what I’m not sure, but it didn’t gain traction until CKane was outed a couple phases later and Kaiser basically threw in the towel for a few Day/Night phases until he started coming under pressure. The All Stars used that against him as “evidence” of scummy play and got him lynched after kaiser turned on his only defender in SwAg. I expected more from the role and his play, but its not nearly as bad as some of the dead chatters thought it was. It was just kind of bored laziness after he couldn’t get the Townies to follow him, followed by some sheoply voting late.

Role 14 - Redirector -

Welcome to All Stars, Walter, you are:

The Redirector, Town Aligned

As The Redirector, you have the ability to manipulate others’ night actions. This is an active ability where you choose a target and who you would like them to be redirected into. This ability only works if your initial target is actively using a Night Ability.

-Inherited All Star Leader Kill/Recruit Night 5

-Recruited Ragnarok Night 5 (4th recruit)

PM Actions: “Redirect Player X Into Player Y.”

Assessment - Walter was mostly quiet in the early parts of the game, but he came off as very Townie from the outside looking in. After he was recruited, the plan was to find the PGO and use him as an extra kill for the All Stars. Good plan, but wrong targets. They tried to send SwAg into MD4L, while SwAg had basically already stated he wasn’t active during Night Phases. They should have tried to send one of the claimed Night action players into MD4L. Laid low while scum and was outed after the pivotal Night 6 phase in a great bussing move that he suggested to Rags. Took a chance on inheritance of powers, but it worked out for them.

Role 15 - Vigilante

Welcome to All Stars, Vitor, you are:

The Vigilante, Town Aligned

As The Vigilante, you are a powerful weapon to eliminate threats to The Town. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player, and you will kill that player. Be careful not to hit your fellow Townies, as there are consequences to making too many mistakes.

PM Actions: “Kill Player X”

-Killed Town Night 2 (SirA) - 75% success going forward

Hidden: Reduced ability if successfully targets Town (Subsequent 75%, 50%, 25%, 0%). Same condition applies if converted.
                    -Weapon: 9mm semi auto

Assessment: Oh boy Vitor. Didn’t send in Night PMs on N1 or N3, killed the claimed Bomb in SirA on Night 3 and killed himself by targeting Kaiser, who had pseudo claimed X Shot PGO, on Night 4. Not really a debate, he’s the LVP. If he had been able to stay up with the thread and participate, he could have been a pivotal role.

Award - Mafia All Stars Game LVP

Role 16 - Motivator

Welcome to All Stars, Morgus, you are:

The Motivator, Town Aligned

As The Motivator, you are an important and powerful tool that can either help or hurt the Town as you have the ability to double the powers for one player during each Night Phase. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a player whose ability you would like to double, but be careful because if you target Non Town players, there will be consequences.

PM Actions: “Motivate Player X.”

Hidden: Reduced ability if successfully targets non Town (Subsequent 75%, 50%, 25%, 0%). Same applies if converted.

Assessment - Morgus played a decent game, but I think he trusts in others too much and doesn’t think independently enough at this point in his Mafia game. Overall his performance wasn’t bad, and he was playing by the book in motivating Simonds with his investigative role. Worked out well for a while, but that obviously changed. Succumbed to late sheople voting, but he certainly wasn’t the only one.

Role 17 - Tracker - Sees who the target targets.

Welcome to All Stars, InjuredReserve, you are:

The Tracker, Town Aligned

As The Tracker, you have the ability to take a peek at the unseen. Each Night, you may PM me the name of a player and you will see who that player targets.

PM Actions: “Track Player X.”

Assessment: Not the IR-level game I was expecting from him, he wasn’t very good by his standards. Got in a flap with SwAg and lost badly Day 1, somewhat discrediting his standing with the Town. Day 2 he accused Prodigy as a scum killer while only seeing a target result. This play was reminiscent of SwAg pushing Link in Superheroes, but without the long term consequences, other than further hurting his standing in the thread. Was mostly quiet after that and handed the reins over as a leader in the game. Offed by the All Stars, so he was still obviously perceived as a threat.

Role 18 - Role Cop

Welcome to All Stars, Body Burner, you are:

The Role Cop, Town Aligned

As The Role Cop, you have the ability to find out the name of another player’s role. Each night, PM me the name of the player you would like to investigate.

PM Actions: “Investigate Player X”

Assessment: BB was the Night 1 recruit of the All Stars, and he was a pretty good/lucky choice of CKane. With all the RCing early in this game, BB was able to confirm mdb’s Roleblocker ability and they subsequently recruited him. Caught some general heat in the thread and I don’t think he would have survived much longer, even without Rags taking him out Night 4.

Role 19 - Roleblocker

Welcome to All Stars, mdb17, you are:

The Roleblocker, Town Aligned

As the Roleblocker, you can disrupt other players’ Night Actions, whether for the benefit of the Town is yet to be seen. Each Night, you may PM me the name of a player whose actions you would like to block for that night phase. But be careful, if you target Town Players, there will be consequences.

PM Actions: “Block Player X”

Hidden: Reduced ability if successfully targets Town (Subsequent 75%, 50%, 25%, 0%). Same applies if converted.

Assessment - Busted PR with his RB actions, albeit through coincidence. I recall msb getting really huffy early in the thread and not really looking very Townie. Recruited to the All Stars and helped behind the scenes with strats and stuff, but I thought his demeanor in the thread changed pretty obviously from my vantage point post recruitment. Good game overall and pivotal in eliminating a future potential rival scum faction, even though it was pretty lucky and he wasn’t scum yet.

Role 20 - Role thief

Welcome to All Stars, bcb1213, you are:

The Role Thief, Town Aligned

As The Role Thief, you start out Vanilla, but you have the ability to take over another player’s role. Once during the game, during any night phase, you may PM me the name of a player whose role you would like to take over. For the remainder of the game, or until you are dead, you will assume that player’s role with all abilities and attributes.

PM Actions: “Assume Player X’s Role”

Night 3 - Assumed Blue’s Role as The Doctor

Hidden: Unrecruitable prior to using ability, unsuccessful when targeting Team Leaders. Kills player if he is a recruit. Unblockable/Unredirectable with 100% success otherwise, PGO included. Renders a Town target Vanilla, but target is not informed. If bcb is killed prior to the original Role’s death, that person reassumes his active abilities and reverts to original Role Name.

Assessment - bcb had one of those games where some people latched onto him as scum and never let go. Was pretty nondescript in the thread while he was alive, and stole Blue’s Role, only to get killed by PSU the following night. That actually helped the Town to an extent, because BLue was Vanilla for the phase that bcb had the Doctor role. Blue got it back and saved SwAg after that. Decent game overall from bcb, needs to work on his perception in the thread though.

Role 21 - Truth Seeker

Welcome to All Stars, Simonds, you are:

The Truth Seeker, Town Aligned

As The Truth Seeker, you may ask me one question per night phase that results in a yes or no answer. If question is not “yes/no,” your question goes unanswered.

PM Actions: “Yes/No Question of your choosing.”

Hidden: If recruited, becomes The Propaganda Writer.
                    -Questions related to the Team Leaders will assume they are Town Aligned.

Assessment - Simonds was the comeback player of the game in this for sure. He started off so poorly from where I was sitting, I didn’t understand what he was doing with the fake claiming of his ability and I remember some weird stuff where he was still accusing IR of being scum, while having a non scum result on him. Lynched as an experiment by the Town, well that actually came back and bit them in the ass in the long run. SwAg revives him, and All Stars recruit him the following Night. Simonds was very impressive in keeping SwAg at arms length, and from what I saw in their mason chat, Simonds was as cool as a cucumber. Played a pivotal role in the framework of the AS strategy, especially the Hunter bus move. After getting the “scum” result on Blue, Simonds should have come under much more pressure, but SwAgGy to the rescue there. I thought they should have came back with Town result on a Townie the next day and then a Scum result on a separate Townie the following. Push for a lynch on the “Scum” Townie and then come to the miraculous discovery that his results were opposite since he was revived. Lynch the Town result Townie and have 2 NKs in between. Would have been 3-3 with a night phase coming. Oh well, their strat worked out just fine. Congrats on the win.

Role 22 - Jailer

Welcome to All Stars, JoeLegend, you are:

The Jailer, Town Aligned

As The Jailer, you have the ability to silence those that you believe are a threat to the Town. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a player, and that player will not be allowed to vote or speak in the thread for the next Day Phase.

PM Actions: “Jail Player X”

Hidden: If recruited, the player targeted may not speak for both the following Day and Night Phase in addition to losing his vote.

Assessment - Joe will disagree, but he didn’t have a very good game. The jailing targets weren’t so great, even when he jailed Rags late. I think Rags could’ve been exposed because his JAOT ability claims weren’t very defined and a smart Townie could’ve turned him around in circles and made him look scummy in the thread. Joe is Joe in Mafia and you have to accept him for what he is, its just very tough as a Townie to follow his (il)logic and self aggrandization. Had decent thoughts from time to time, but he was the master of shotgun thinking in this game.

Role 23 - Vote Stealer

Welcome to All Stars, ctrmcougar, you are:

The Vote Stealer, Town Aligned

As The Vote Stealer, you have the ability to manipulate voting for the betterment of the Town. Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a player and the Day Phase will begin with a vote on that player, effectively stealing that player’s vote for the day. One time during a Day Phase, you may change that vote to another player. Your vote is not effected, and you may use that vote in any way you choose. If the stolen vote is on the final lynch, you will be awarded a special ability at certain milestones.

PM Actions: “Steal Player X’s Vote”

-Successful Day 2 - No Lynch(Clov)
                    -Successful Day 10 -Hunter - Reward: Role Investigate or roleblock

Hidden: If successfully stolen vote is on final lynch 2 times, a special reward is given choice of 1: Role investigate, RB. If 3 times: One time kill. If successful 4 times, choice of Alignment investigate or Protect. If 5 times: Choice of permanent Kill, Protect, Roleblock, Alignment Investigate or 1 Time Revive

Assessment - Had a very similar game to Morgus in that he wasn’t thinking independently enough. Used his ability as best he could, but when it was most advantagous use late in the game, he succmbed to pressure not to use it. Only hit one reward, could have been a late game beast Town saver if he was successful just once more. To cougar’s defense in the the thread, he was one of the players that stood out me through the first few phases of the game outside of SwAg. He just regressed later in the game, but that could be said about all of the Townies post Night 6.

Role 24 - Bold Phrase Idiot

Welcome to All Stars, PSUShenanigans, you are:

The Bold Phrase Idiot, Town Aligned

As The Bold Phrase Idiot, you start out Vanilla, but have the opportunity to earn abilities based on how long you survive and play your role. There are many phrases associated with Mafia here on WF, such as catchphrases or tags, and you can [B]bold/B] one of your choice during each Day phase. If you bold an active phrase, I will PM you your prize during that Day Phase. There are different consequences for each and the risks and rewards get bigger as the game moves forward. YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS YOUR ROLE IN ANY MANNER IN THE GAME THREAD OR YOU WILL BE MODKILLED.

Hidden: The List of Bolds. Only 5 phrases per Day are active. If anyone else bolds those phrases prior to the BPI, they are not available. Also, that person will be given a PM to state in the Thread that "They received no ability for bolding said phrase." Rewards:
                    Reward 1: A picture - First person to quote it is silenced for the Day Phase. Achieved Day 1
                    Reward 2: Choice of who to give a power to. It will be a picture. First person to quote it is silenced for the Day Phase. Achieved Day 2 - Given to Simonds
                    Reward 3: Choice of Role Investigate or Roleblock - Achieved Day 3
                    Reward 4: One Time Kill. (Must use) - Achieved Day 4
                    Reward 5: Choice of Alignment Investigate or Protect - Achieved Day 5
                    Reward 6: Give out a Kill. (Must use) - Achieved Day 6 - Given to InjuredReserve
                    Reward 7: Choice of Role Inv., RB, Alignment Investigate or Protect - Achieved Day 9
                    Reward 8: Choice of any previous ability to be permanent or 1 Time Revive.
                    -Weapon: .38 Snub Nose

Assessment - I liked PSU’s role alot as a version of the VI, and he was really smart to bold the OP in an attempt to get an active phrase. The ironic thing there was I didn’t give a thought to his role when I wrote the OP and it happened to have an active phrase for each of the first four days. What are the odds? His first two days were pictures in the thread, he posted a picture of Usain Bolt (Dude Bolted) Day 1 and made SImonds post a pick of a Pregnant Brazilian smoking crack (Qenjoy Brahchachi) on Day 2. They went unnoticed in the thread. PSU killed bcb with a one time kill and gave IR one, which he used on mdb, so its a wash there with kills. Played a decent game in the thread, and was mostly left to his own devices after it was assumed he was a VI type.

Role 25 - Protector

Welcome to All Stars, Prodigy, you are:

The Protector, Town Aligned

As The Protector, you are charged with helping your fellow Townies during the Night. Each Night Phase, PM me the name of a player to protect, and they will not be subject to any night abilities they are targeted with. You may target yourself.

PM Actions: “Protect Player X”

Hidden: Only protects against the first chronological Night Action of the Target. If converted, can no longer target self.

Assessment
                    - Prodigy had the unenviable position of being accused as a scum killer by a trusted high end player early in the game. Kind of went as expected, and the sheep fell in line behind Fearless Leader. A victim of IR’s aggressiveness, he didn’t really have a chance. Was mostly quiet in the thread, so its tough to really assess.

BOLD PHRASE IDIOT PHRASES

DAY 1/DAY 5/Day 9
                    WuTang Activate
                    Enlighten Thee Embrighten Thee
                    Dude Bolted - Used Day 1
                    Not Exactly As Planned - Used Day 9
                    Sancho Challenge - Used Day 5

DAY 2/DAY 6
                    Dead Scum Miller
                    Dis is Rio Sheety - Used Day 6
                    SwAg Tags
                    White Power
                    Qenjoy Brahchachi - Used Day 2

DAY 3/DAY 7
                    Recruit by Acid Bath
                    Shotgun Method - Used Day 3
                    Who wrote this for you?
                    Clever
                    Phatality

DAY 4/DAY 8
                    20 percent cooler
                    Lynch JLash - Used Day 4
                    Bad Touch Uncle
                    Cthroughlu
                    Book it
                    Last edited by pheltzbahr; 08-18-2012, 02:33 PM.
                    pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

• Yeah, my game was 'meh' all around. I got lazy because of my role and what I thought was an imminent town victory. Never again.

Comment

• And Swag trusting Simonds like that is surprising, but I can't say we all wouldn't have fallen for it. People don't seem to think people lie in chats too. We got Rags this same way in WWE.

Comment

• @Pheltz - You gave Rags credit for killing Mdb, when I was the one who killed him.

Comment

• I really really appreciated the game Pheltz. I didn't get a powerful role, but I really did enjoy playing.

Comment

• Pheltz, I sent Simonds into MD4L; not Swag.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

• Mafia All Stars - Game Mechanics/Setup

When I was creating this game, I thought about a lot of different directions it could go in, but ultimately I came up with this idea based on what were some of the complaints about game setups in recent games. Roleclaiming and its ability to OP the Town had swung the tide in recent games, and I wanted to implement a way to punish the Town’s overall strength of making that move. Some had also said that any game with a recruiting faction, there was a 75% chance they won. I figured, well if everyone is in a recruiting faction and you pin them against each other, maybe the Town will benefit from infighting.

So with these in mind, I came up with the triple conversion faction theory. Of course, I knew there would be roleclaiming, so I wanted to have basically every role OPd and important to the Town to discourage RCing in the face of certain NK. Yeah, that didn’t really work with all the Day 2 RCs, but the Town paid for it with overall weakening in that the Team Leaders, could now pick and choose which players with which abilities they wanted to build around.

Of course, 2 out of the 3 Team Leaders were outed earlier, and Clov basically drew a map for the Town to see the outline of the game, but the general flow of the game would have been so much different if even one of the other factions had but a single recruit. My guess is that the Town would have won with 2 factions active, as the recruiting would have been drastically reduced and losing a member would have been crippling, rather than having a revolving door in this version. But even with that revolving door, the Town had an 11 - 1 advantage with only Ragnarok being an All Star. Of course, he recruited Simonds and Hunter and with some deft bussing and idiot Town play/voting, they wound up victorious.
                                pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

Working...
                                X