Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafia All Stars - Game Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pheltz that was a fair grading. I always think that I have a lot of intricacies that get forgotten by others in the game because I'm a "everything has a purpose" player but I'm fine with that because it lets me fly under the radar. I think I don't get the rating I should for the first half of the game (until you guys didn't lynch CKane) but I'm mainly apathetic about this game. I just can't deal with passive roles. It's too boring after having multiple games with having no ability or a passive ability.

    I shouldn't have checked out and it could have been like SP2 where I led the town to victory.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
      That Rag and Walter move was great. It was the catalyst for the victory.
      Yep. I was convinced that inheritable recruiting would make the game broken, so believing that, the few scum left wouldn't risk bussing. Made way too many assumptions in this game.

      Comment


      • With the Blue lynch, I had a few thoughts going on.

        Losing Simonds was dangerous if he was town. But in the end, while Swag is a great player, he wouldn't be as critical as Simonds.

        Blue's defense didn't make a ton of sense since by then I was already beginning to think inherited recruiting, which could have easily recruited Blue then

        And there was bcb coming up the doctor already

        It was a bad move, but not the worst one I made this game. It didn't help that the water around me was heating a little because of nonexistent similarities to my NFL game

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
          I think you are being too kind to Simonds. Most powerful role and he couldn't find scum for town if he was told about them beforehand. It screwed us. Also his win has pretty much everything to do with Rags..
          I think there were equally powerful roles in the Cop, JOAT, Watcher and Detective. Pure investigations were awful % plays early. Like I said earlier, Simonds early game was pretty garbo, but hs late game was awesome. He was playing SwAg like a fiddle in their chat. Power roles tend to rise to the top in importance, but the truly great players don't rely on them to be great at the game.
          pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

          Comment


          • No offense to Kaiser because a lot of people do this, but seriously, stop complaining about not being a power role in every game. Each role is useful, but unless you are an investigator, your skill as a player is so much more important. I really don't see how any particular role is more engaging than others (besides scum/town differences)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
              I think there were equally powerful roles in the Cop, JOAT, Watcher and Detective. Pure investigations were awful % plays early. Like I said earlier, Simonds early game was pretty garbo, but hs late game was awesome. He was playing SwAg like a fiddle in their chat. Power roles tend to rise to the top in importance, but the truly great players don't rely on them to be great at the game.
              I understand that convincing swag was a good move and is impressive, but his play to convince people Blue was scum should have incriminated him. It stinks for town that they would have likely had to lynch Swag as well as a result, but it would have saved town and it was pretty obvious.

              Comment


              • Wouldn't have saved them at all. I would have come up Town lol

                Edit - They wanted to lynch me to test Simonds.
                Originally posted by Daniel
                Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                That's how you sound.
                lmao

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                  I understand that convincing swag was a good move and is impressive, but his play to convince people Blue was scum should have incriminated him. It stinks for town that they would have likely had to lynch Swag as well as a result, but it would have saved town and it was pretty obvious.
                  True, but that is more of an indictment of the Town than of Simonds' rush to lynch Blue. In hindsight, it wasn't as obvious as you're portraying.
                  pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                    I understand that convincing swag was a good move and is impressive, but his play to convince people Blue was scum should have incriminated him. It stinks for town that they would have likely had to lynch Swag as well as a result, but it would have saved town and it was pretty obvious.
                    That's why we 'exposed' Hunter the next day. It gave Simonds credibility again and people figured that that had to have been some mistake.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                      Wouldn't have saved them at all. I would have come up Town lol

                      Edit - They wanted to lynch me to test Simonds.
                      This too. We had the plays on Hunter and Swag in place to protect Simonds.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                        And if anyone was wondering, I did randomize the roles, although I shuffled through a couple randoms to make sure the Team Leader Roles didn't go to players with a great disparity in ability.
                        Sweet I'm on par with Clov and Ckane
                        Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

                        - Noah Porter

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
                          Sweet I'm on par with Clov and Ckane
                          (that's not good)teehee
                          Originally posted by Daniel
                          Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                          That's how you sound.
                          lmao

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                            True, but that is more of an indictment of the Town than of Simonds' rush to lynch Blue. In hindsight, it wasn't as obvious as you're portraying.
                            I can only react to how I perceived it. I was killed that night, but when I saw his reveal post I was thinking you have to be kidding me. It was clear to me he had to be lynched. His change made no sense. I am not playing the I know everything card like some people do. I saw that post and immediately knew Simonds was making a scum play. I would have also made sure Swag got lynched, which would have been a mistake. However, Simonds living after that was atrocious.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                              (that's not good)teehee
                              Considering I had both of them top 10 on my rankings, I take it as a compliment bwahahaha
                              Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

                              - Noah Porter

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                                That's why we 'exposed' Hunter the next day. It gave Simonds credibility again and people figured that that had to have been some mistake.
                                But, I am saying I would have voted to lynch Simonds on the spot before Blue. His change of choice made no sense since he cleared openly who he was looking into.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X