Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Clov #1 I don't quite get. But it's your list.

Comment

• Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
      Not sure how anyone could have him #1 after his play this game.
      He chose to take a path that was trying to win over town. He protect Swag on Day 1. He tried to kill Blue who many thought was scum on Night 2. It was only in the write-up that he truly was seen as the doctor. He couldn't have planned it earlier. Additionally I was the biggest voice in his lynch that day. Everyone else including Swag was pondering keeping him alive when he tried to say he was a pro-town faction that could protect town. It was a play that if he had pulled off, he would've been seen as a genius. However, I wouldn't let that happen because it was directly in our WC that he was the one person (or at least I thought it was one person) who could **** me up if I ran into him. Thus I made sure he didn't stick around.
      Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
        Ok, I honestly shouldn't be above Swag in your rankings. We had his nuts in a vice this game, but I would like your list more if you exchanged Swag and Clov. Clov did not have a very good game.
        Because Swag has been mediocre at best the last few games. He let his revival of Simonds cloud his judgement. Simonds had a bad result when he is the truth sayer, and he pulled a motivation when Morgus was already dead. All signs pointed to Simonds being scum. However, he allowed Simonds to pull the wool over his eyes. In WWE he led a lynch on the last protector on Day 2. In SH he was the direct cause of why the entire X-Men faction got recruited (lynch of Link) and he decided to commit suicide on his own. His lowering in rank is more than deserved, and your rise in rank is again more than deserved. You led a come back 11-1 in this game and won. You survived all odds as an Indy in NFL. In WWE you managed to stay alive just long enough to win there as well. Maybe it seems like a huge rise to many but it was one you deserved.

With Clov, his gamble failed. However, I did see what he was trying to do. If it had worked and I hadn't pushed him to an early grave, then he would've went a lot further in this game and created a lot of havoc.
        Last edited by PR; 08-18-2012, 06:29 PM.
        Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Kind words for me in the write up Pheltz, appreciate it. Enjoyed the game, hope you make another foray into modding
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
            Because Swag has been mediocre at best the last few games. He let his revival of Simonds cloud his judgement. Simonds had a bad result when he is the truth sayer, and he pulled a motivation when Morgus was already dead; all signs pointed to Simonds being scum. However, he let the fact that Simonds pull the wool over his eyes. In WWE he led a lynch on the last protector on Day 2. In SH he decided to commit suicide on his own. His lowering in rank is more than deserved, and your rise in rank is again more than deserved. You led a come back 11-1 in this game and won. You survived all odds as an Indy in NFL. In WWE you managed to stay alive just long enough to win there as well. Maybe it seems like a huge rise to many but it was one you deserved.

With Clov, his gamble failed. However, I did see what he was trying to do. If it had worked and I hadn't pushed him to an early grave, then he would've went a lot further in this game and created a lot of havoc.
            Fair enough. I certainly don't mind my own rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
              He chose to take a path that was trying to win over town. He protect Swag on Day 1. He tried to kill Blue who many thought was scum on Night 2. It was only in the write-up that he truly was seen as the doctor. He couldn't have planned it earlier. Additionally I was the biggest voice in his lynch that day. Everyone else including Swag was pondering keeping him alive when he tried to say he was a pro-town faction that could protect town. It was a play that if he had pulled off, he would've been seen as a genius. However, I wouldn't let that happen because it was directly in our WC that he was the one person (or at least I thought it was one person) who could **** me up if I ran into him. Thus I made sure he didn't stick around.
              You can parrot his thinking of how he should have played the role, it was still the worst way to play the role. It was shortsighted and panicky.
              pheltzbahr 2016 NFL Mock

Comment

• Originally posted by pheltzbahr View Post
                You can parrot his thinking of how he should have played the role, it was still the worst way to play the role. It was shortsighted and panicky.
                There were three routes he could've taken with the role.

1. Recruit and strengthen early. - This is the route CKane and I both went. CKane was the only one effective.
                2. Kill Everyone - Screw recruiting until later and just route town as best as you can. However, this would get dangerous considering Kaiser, and MD4L were running around as well as Snake and IR who could track/watch.
                3. Pretend to be Pro-Town Indy - Win the town over, try to brush over any mistakes due to beginning of the game naivety.

If you look at Clov's lynch, the two biggest vocal people to him surviving were Ckane and myself.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Assessment - Yech. Sorry Clov, but as I discussed with you after you were lynched, I thought your strategy and Night Actions were horrible. Didn’t make any sense to protect SwAg on Night 1, even though you thought you were trying to blend in as Town, and then kill Blue on Night 2. If you were trying to go for the “Under the Radar” method, you should have just protected yourself every night until you felt you could operate freely. Should have been evident that wasn’t possible with the amount of early RCs and you should have started recruiting Night 2 seeing how stuff was going down. Played well in the thread and garnered some support from the Townies, but was undone by Snake’s watching of Blue. Wasn’t happy that he basically mapped out the game for the Town during his Day 3 Lynch and could be considered for Town MVP. There would have been rampant speculation/confusion if he didn’t reveal the structure of the game.
                  There's no way I could protect myself every night until I was ready to act. If I ever had to RC and said I was protecting myself for the first four or five nights with Snake, Simonds, and IR having claimed investigative roles....somebody is going to realize something is up. Obviously my strategy looked horrendous because I was caught Night Two, but that's not my fault. Why Snake was watching Blue that night, I'll never understand (but props for getting it done, Snake).

As for the underline, it's not something I'm proud of, but it was a desperation move. If nothing else, I was going to ensure that Town won (I'll come back to this). Definitely like the MVP thought, though.

Originally posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
                  Bold, entirely. I'm really surprised anybody gave the idea a second or two to think it over. It's amazing what dropping a little bit of information will do to sway somebody's opinion, and it's not like I was lying through my teeth - if you want Town as a faction, I told the truth about everything. Well, what I thought was the truth, anyways; our role PM's gave NO indication of TWO other cults, so I genuinely was under the impression of there being another cult (PR's) and a main mafia.

Oh, and if anybody wants to ***** about it being OP'ed....

Originally posted by No Lynch View Post
                  Of course it is. That's because it's the truth. Think about it; why would I LIE about NOT being town and being a cult recruiter? What won the game in Rio? What won the game in Superheroes? What would have gotten it done, had the Cult NOT been revealed in NFL?

Cults are overpowered. If you guys think Hunter was overpowered in NFL, or Joe in WF, or the Vamps in MoM...stand the **** by, because you are about to get RAN. Not that I'm trying to prepare you.

I don't hold it against you for not believing me. I just want you to realize I'm going to say "I told you so" when you lose and realize I gave you guys as much help, despite NOT being town, as anybody else in the game.
                  It's not like you weren't forewarned.

Comment

• PRs rankings are awful
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SanchoPanza View Post
                      PRs rankings are awful
                      Well you did rise higher in the non-top 25.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Originally posted by SanchoPanza View Post
                        PRs rankings are awful
                        They might be in your opinion but he's entitled to his opinion. If he wants to make rankings, given this site's fetish for them, it will be noticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                          Ok, I honestly shouldn't be above Swag in your rankings. We had his nuts in a vice this game, but I would like your list more if you exchanged Swag and Clov. Clov did not have a very good game.
                          O rly?

Snake revealed four people targeted Blue - Joe, Hunter, Me, and Blue, himself. We know he was jailed, protected, killed, and who knows what. Blue obviously didn't kill himself. Hunter was confirmed to not be a killer, unless you thought he was a JOAT like yourself. It came down to myself and Joe, and Joe beat me to claim. Even if I had claimed before him, he would have gotten lynched, rolled over as the jailer, and I die the next day.

Now, remembering that I had no idea Snake was going to watch Blue, killing the biggest threat to ME doesn't seem so bad...right? So you're basically saying my game was bad because I tried to protect somebody (who I intended to recruit down the stretch) on Night One, rather than recruiting outright. Obviously you have that right, but that seems narrow minded to me.

Comment

• Still don't get the protection route on Swag Day 1 Clov. You have to recruit or kill in a game of this size early. You lost a crucial in making your faction stronger especially when if investigated you were town-aligned so only a watcher could catch you Day 1. I think you played the role wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdb17 View Post
                              Still don't get the protection route on Swag Day 1 Clov. You have to recruit or kill in a game of this size early. You lost a crucial in making your faction stronger especially when if investigated you were town-aligned so only a watcher could catch you Day 1. I think you played the role wrong.
                              We were given multiple abilities for a reason. He chose to go the faux pro-town route. Again, as I pointed out, going into Night 2 Blue looked like Scum. It was a constant Blue versus Swag fest that day phase. If he had killed Blue (who he thought was Mafia) he would've been seen as a pro-town indy player. The same type of person Rack was WWE. No one would've questioned him for awhile.

- Noah Porter

Comment

• Originally posted by No Lynch View Post
                                O rly?

Snake revealed four people targeted Blue - Joe, Hunter, Me, and Blue, himself. We know he was jailed, protected, killed, and who knows what. Blue obviously didn't kill himself. Hunter was confirmed to not be a killer, unless you thought he was a JOAT like yourself. It came down to myself and Joe, and Joe beat me to claim. Even if I had claimed before him, he would have gotten lynched, rolled over as the jailer, and I die the next day.

Now, remembering that I had no idea Snake was going to watch Blue, killing the biggest threat to ME doesn't seem so bad...right? So you're basically saying my game was bad because I tried to protect somebody (who I intended to recruit down the stretch) on Night One, rather than recruiting outright. Obviously you have that right, but that seems narrow minded to me.
                                Originally posted by mdb17 View Post
                                Still don't get the protection route on Swag Day 1 Clov. You have to recruit or kill in a game of this size early. You lost a crucial in making your faction stronger especially when if investigated you were town-aligned so only a watcher could catch you Day 1. I think you played the role wrong.
                                I thought your night one move was a bad one. Targeting Swag or IR night one is always a bad idea if you are scum, and then to do it in a helpful manner. Now, you had good reasoning for it, but I would call it being wrong for the right reasons. You overthought it imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X