This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool.

1. Gotham City was put in a tough spot early on because of their win conditions and the OP. We ended up lucking out because of what Monk said, but what you gave us certainly made it seem to us like we were Town, especially given what happened in OP.

2. On a related note, you put the non-villains in an awful spot with the rule that we could character claim but not ability claim. The Gordon role, in particular, would have been much more useful in misdirecting Town if Andy could claim alignment cop rather than a clearly heroic character. Scum were already in a tough position with their lack of numbers, but only allowing character claims made it too easy to sort out fakeclaims in endgame.

3. I loved the various types of recruiting and the two semi-Town villain factions; it's an idea I was tossing around for the Batman Mafia I was working on before you announced this. But, I think you needed to tweak them a little more. Royal Flush seemed a little underpowered, in retrospect; yes, they could kill but False Face had so much more variety with what they could do and could recruit basically the same characters RF could, without the flawed aspect of Harley's role weighing them down and possibly bringing suspicion on them for a bad result. You probably should have made Jason Todd or Scarface RF to begin with and given Joker some sort of kill immunity (whether it was a one-shot thing or factional). It was also pretty rough to not allow all members of these factions to win if they died first.

4. I think you put too much emphasis on Nightwing's role. I get the idea, Nightwing was the only other Bat Inc member who made sense as a killer. It would have been extremely powerful had it worked out, but you have to consider what happens if he gets lynched before Batman. No transferable kill for Bat Inc was brutal in the end, especially since the original godfather wasn't unlynchable.

5. Not really a critique as much as a question: what would Gotham City Sirens have looked like as a faction? Would they have had the same win con as RF and FF? I'm kind of sad that didn't work out, it would have been awesome.

None of these are a super big deal. I had a lot of fun with this game, and that one phase that ended with Robley getting lynched is the kind of Mafia LyLo drama I don't think we've had since maybe WF Mafia.
    Originally posted by jepg
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    Originally posted by jepg
    Blue is right

Comment

• 1. Yeah, I got that from seeing the confusion from the first day. Reading the OP should have indicated that the villains were the heavily outnumbering faction, but it wasn't anything I put into PMs, and I guess it wasn't blatant enough.

2. I admitted that a bunch, and it's true. I had too few Batman Inc, even though they could recruit two villains, and did, it wasn't enough. That's a mod experience issue.

3. Thanks, and yeah, in my Morgus write up I mentioned that. Flavorfully it fits Harley Quinn's mentality, but it really did cripple them. I figured Investigator/Killer was a good counterpart to JOAT/Roleblocker, but you're right about that.

4. Maybe I did emphasize Nightwing a bit, but he's the only Batman Inc guy I had that actually took time as Batman. I initially had plans for Red Robin to get it if Nightwing died before Batman, but never once in the comics did Tim Drake act as Batman. Logically, Red Hood probably should have inherited the kill, just not as Batman. I didn't think about it enough before the game. Even then, that's a dubious secondary option as there was no guarantee that Red Hood would have been recruited.

5. It would have been similar, but they would have wanted to beat out the men. Ivy as redirector, Catwoman as thief, Quinn as flavor cop and recruiter. Thalia, tracker, might have been recruitable since she's a girl, but never was part of the Sirens. Oracle would have been out, since she was on the other side.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

• Good game Johnny. I liked the scheme and the variations.

The idea is actually really damn cool, and could play out so many ways, as far as scum town vs scum town vs scum
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
        I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcb1213 View Post
          This is for blue. Rest of you can ignore

One of vf, Dan, snake, and Friese isn't town
          blueeeee

Boom!! I'm totes awesome blah blah blah
          A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

• Sorry about getting MK'd by the way, Johnny. This was a lot of fun though.

My first JVP.

Sweet

Comment

• What is JVP? Is that like successfully ****ing up everything for everyone else?
              Can you spare a septim?

Comment

• Originally posted by Centurion View Post
                What is JVP? Is that like successfully ****ing up everything for everyone else?
                Yes.

Comment

• Its a bit like being the biggest goof that was right for the wrong reasons, and the biggest mess up for no reason.

Its based on the poster JoeLegend who was good at both of those things in mafia.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                  I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

• Just checking the end stuff here. Congrats to jepg for lasting till the end of the line. Decent play from like the two times I looked in.

Comment

Working...
                    X