Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room Mini-Mafia 2013 Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room Mini-Mafia 2013 Game Thread

monk2310, hair drizzled with dreads, slumps back to relax in his worn Lions uniform. He scans the room of young receivers at his camp, eager to learn and absorb knowledge, young and anxious.

He clears his throat.

"Sit down, and I'll tell you one of the craziest football stories in the history of the game. It all begins in Week 4: my boys in Tampa Bay roll into their bye week 0-4, disheveled and angry. There's been a quarterback change, dumb mistakes, and certain losses piling and piling. It's around the time I got cut from the team...

But this story isn't about me. This is about one of the most absurd years in the history of a franchise.

Where do I begin...?

Ah yes. I'll start with Week 4."

---

WEEK 4: BUCS CHOKE AGAIN, CARDINALS WIN 13-10

Another early lead choked up near the end of the game have the Bucs in a downward spiral and fans questioning whether or the year is really 1976. Things are bad in Tampa right now, and many are wondering if a coaching shake-up is in order after another poor showing...

Greg Schiano puts down the newspaper and shakes his head. He shoves it under his desk, stands up to hear a knock on his door.

It's monk2310, looking rugged from another day of practice.

"You call me, coach?"

"Yeah. Stay there."

Schiano walks bullishly across his desk to monk2310, and his worn face quickly turns to one of anger.

"I don't fucking understand why we pay some guy to go on the field with nothing to do other than catch a goddamn football and when we do, he keeps his hands on the ball like a fucking two-year old! This is your job? You get paid to do something you can't fucking do?"

monk2310 backs up, but Schiano closes the distance between them, pushing him up against the wall of his office.

"You're through here. I got the okay from Dominick. You're out. Clear out your locker and don't make the mistake of coming near me again."

monk2310 squirms out of Schiano's office, but shakes his head when the coach is out of sight.

"Idiot. Who wants to work for him, anyway?"

Meanwhile, Schiano closes the door angrily to his office. He breathes in, then sighs.

"Pathetic."

monk2310 is no longer on the roster. He was WR Kevin Ogletree, One Hit Wonder, Bucs-Aligned.

---

The locker room is crowded; all personnel have been called in for a team meeting, but most everyone is surprised when corycurren walks into the room.

"I've heard a lot of discontent rumors around here, about you guys, about our staff, about what's really going on behind the scenes here. Well, I'm here to tell you.

The truth is, we're desperate. Coach Schiano called me up about a guy just today and I decided I'm not taking any more blunders from anyone - and that guy's gone, his locker's cleared - but you are all on notice. I'm not just talking players; coaches, even you, Greg. You're all on notice.

Every one of you, I'm meeting with every last one of you before Thursday practices. If you think someone here is hurting our team, you tell me. I will root out all problems. Our play has been completely unacceptable. I am going to correct that, but you guys have to help me. This starts today. I know its supposed to be a day off, but you guys are staying until I say you can leave. We have a big game next week and goddamn if you think we're going to go out there looking like we've been the last four weeks."

corycurren has set the rules. He is GM Mark Dominik, Not Taking Excuses, Bucs-Aligned.

---

Rules (please read):

- Roleclaim as you please. Character claiming is not allowed.

- In order to vote for someone to get lynched during the day, you must bold their name (i.e. Lynch corycurren); you do not need to unlynch one person before you vote to lynch another.

- Please do not dead post.

- No editing or deleting posts. Double, triple, quadruple, etc. posting is fine.

- Do not post information from your Thursday Practice PM prior to the Game write-up.

- No checking Who's Online.

- I reserve the right to modkill and forcefully end a lynch.

- No posting screenshots. No dead chats that aren't created by me.

- No quoting PMs.

- Postgame will end when a majority decision has been reached and Thursday Practice will last a maximum of 24 hours. The Week 4 Bye will last a maximum of 72 hours. If you make a habit of sending late PMs, I will end Thursday Practice without you after 18 hours. I reserve the right to end a phase for any reason whatsoever.

- Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread.

---

WINNERS:

bcb1213 - QB Josh Freeman, Rumor Magnet, Bucs-Aligned.
    Andy Q - K/NFI Lawrence Tynes, Pretty Pissed, Bucs-Aligned.
    Daniel - RB Doug Martin, Don't Call Me Muscle Hamster, Bucs-Aligned.
    PSU - WR Vincent Jackson, Deep Threat, Bucs-Aligned.
    Naugus - OL Carl Nicks, Stud Blocker, Bucs-Aligned.

INACTIVES:

Ragnarok - DB Mark Barron, Bumbling Safety, Bucs-Aligned
    Robley - QB Mike Glennon, Coach's Pet, Regime-Aligned
    football2ky - FA Peyton Hillis, Madden Cover Man 2011, Vengeance-Aligned
    SanchoPanza - DB Darelle Revis, Shutdown Corner, Bucs-Aligned
    uslydevilu - HC Greg Schiano, Bad Hire, Regime-Aligned
    bud49 - OC Mike Sullivan, Coach Hopeful, Defense-Aligned
    SwAg Dynasty - DC Bill Sheridan, Coach Hopeful, Offense-Aligned
    GongKong - DB Dashon Goldson, Always Headfirst, Regime-Aligned
    Friese - LB Lavonte David, Bonehead, Bucs-Aligned

Bucs are currently 2-5.

---

Week 5: Town takes the day off on the bye week.
    Week 6: The Glennon Era ends as quick as it began, and a big bust gets busted.
    Week 6 Recap: PHI 19 TB 20
    Week 7: Tampa Bay has a great practice week, and takes an early lead by doing the Dougie.
    Week 7 Recap: TB 19 ATL 21
    Week 8: Trust builds between Josh Freeman and his offensive line. Bucs come out the gate strong at home.
    Week 8 Recap: CAR 16 TB 38
    Week 9, Part 1: Revis shuts himself down.
    Week 9, Part 2: The Bucs coaching staff goes through some... changes.
    Week 9, Part 3: Greg punches his ticket back to college.

---

It is now the Week 5 Bye! With 14 rostered and 14 playing, it's 8 to lynch!
    Last edited by corycurren; 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM.
    Originally posted by GongKong
    I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

ROLES AND STUFF

Regime-Aligned

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, uslydevilu!
    You are HC Greg Schiano, Bad Hire, Regime-Aligned

Raheem Morris may have led a less talented Bucs team to a better record, but goddamn was he a pansy. You've bullied your way to the top, and you're not going to let a little locker room discontent ruin your shot at glory. These rodents are no better than those prissy college brats, and you're going to get rid of every last whiner until your rule is truly unquestioned. You have two pillars of support in the locker room: pet QB Mike Glennon, whom you drafted personally to replace that fruitcake Freeman, and new signing Dashon Goldson, who's become your personal enforcer with his gutsy, take-em-out play. As long as they're on the roster, you can't be fired.

During each Thursday Practice, you may pull a player into your office and grill them about their strategy for the upcoming game. PM me "Grill [player]".

WC: Your faction must outnumber all other factions. Josh Freeman must also no longer be on the roster.

You may commmunicate with: Robley, GongKong

---

usly did alright. He pretty much followed his scumgroup, which is smart to do when you're scum and newer to the whole process. Made a weird claim early that everyone seemed to eventually believe because it was too weird not to be true, so, congrats on that. Did modkill himself to end the game, so that was pretty lulzy.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, Robley!
    You are QB Mike Glennon, Coach's Pet, Regime-Aligned

Oh man, you're the starting QB of an NFL franchise. All your college dreams have come true! All you have to do to keep your job is to make sure Greg Schiano's job is safe. To help him, you're going to prevent players from getting anything useful done during a game by doing what you were born to do: checking down to them in the middle of traffic. They'll find little space to make any real moves that game.

During each Thursday Practice, PM me "Check it down to [player]".

WC: Your faction must outnumber all other factions. Josh Freeman must also no longer be on the roster.

You may commmunicate with: uslydevilu, GongKong

Please send me all chat links!

---

Victim of a lucky redirect. Interestingly enough, if he hadn't blocked SwAg, dead Rags would have came up scum without ever getting to be scum. Maybe would have been a diversion, but Robley didn't get enough time to make a major impression on this game.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, GongKong!
    You are DB Dashon Goldson, Always Headfirst, Regime-Aligned

You are Greg Schiano's favorite hire for one reason alone: you enjoy nothing more than to bring the pain. In fact, you're afraid that if Schiano gets cut, the Glazers will put in some pussy like Raheem Morris who will tell you to tone down the helmet-to-helmets. For this reason, you're going to help secure his job. During each game, you can headhunt the player of your choice, giving them a date with the IR.

During each Thursday Practice, PM me "Concuss [player]".

You may commmunicate with: uslydevilu, Robley

---

Gong yelled lots! He and Robley argued in scumchat more than they co-ordinated, but Gong had a usual fun killer game until he got caught. Poor faction got f'd in the A quick. Played a good double-agent game, but usly needed him more than the other way around.

Bucs-Aligned
    ---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, bcb1213!
    You are QB Josh Freeman, Rumor Magnet, Bucs-Aligned

I could tell you more about who you are, but I don't want to give away my sources. What you do know is that you're never getting your job back while Greg Schiano's on the team. This regime needs to end, and you have a great disposal of skills to use to meet that target.

During each Thursday practice, you may send in a single ability, as long as you are not out of uses. You may do the following actions:

A) Pay specific attention to a specific player in the game from your luxury box. PM me "Watch [player]". You may do this three times.

B) Invite someone to a nightclub with you during team meetings. Ownership certainly won't hear a thing they have to say during player evaluations. PM me "Silence [player]". You may do this twice.

C) Share your "ADHD medication" with a player, making them violate the NFL's Drug Policy and getting them suspended for the year. PM me "Drug [player]". You may do this once.

WC: Eliminate all threats to Bucs-Aligned.

You may communicate with no one.

---

Good game. Consideration for Scum MVP due to his kill of SwAg, but won with town regardless. Used each of his actions well, co-ordinated with PSU (as scum, funnily enough) to get Gong out of the game, had a critical kill on SwAg to take out the second killer. Sancho kept him from misusing his kill N2 which was pretty crucial as Naugus saved him from death the next phase. One misstep, but great game otherwise.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, Daniel!
    You are RB Doug Martin, Don't Call Me Muscle Hamster, Bucs-Aligned

You understand now that you're basically the only good thing about your offense. This comes with perks: you are going to be on the active roster all year, regardless of what Schiano thinks is best for the team. But you're sick of the bully's regime and you're going to help take him down. Since you're the focus of the offense, you may pick a player during Thursday practice; they will be forced to target you. You are immune to night actions that would remove you from the roster.

During each Thursday practice, PM me "Redirect [player] to me".

hidden: will form a mason with Carl Nicks if targetted by/targets him

---

Daniel was responsible for Rags death on N1 by pulling Sancho off of him, but played a strong game otherwise. Took charge of Offense-Aligned after he was recruited and likely would have won if SwAg hadn't killed bud as his last contribution to the game. Good game, always impressed with Daniel. Another deep consideration for Scum MVP considering his double-agent role with Naugus.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, PSU!
    You are WR Vincent Jackson, Deep Threat, Bucs-Aligned

You are one hell of a reciever, but the problem is you need a gameplan that can get you involved, and Schiano seems to have other ideas in the direction of the offense. You're going to end his charade once and for all.

During each Thursday Practice, you can use your speed and size to track a player all over the field. PM me "Track [player]".

---

Town MVP and Game MVP for the mere, ridiculous fact that PSU tracked three players the whole game: bud, recruiting; SwAg, recruiting; Gong, killing; SwAg, killing. Ridiculous, but the ridiculous ending of the game let PSU coast to victory rather than get seriously involved. Gong's lynch was the turnaround point where scum started dropping like flies, and if Bud and SwAg hadn't been killed by the other's faction, PSU would have still given town a fighting chance due to his NAs. Earned his win, major proponent of the crucial Gong lynch. Played a very strong game, the typical PSU performance.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, Ragnarok!
    You are DB Mark Barron, Bumbing Safety, Bucs-Aligned

Well, you're a little disappointing, but everyone's pretty used to it. Maybe a regime change would help you realize your talent, or at least hide your flaws more. During each Thursday practice, you will defend a player. Unfortunately, you aren't going to be able to stop them from whatever they are doing, but you are going to get a good sense of what regime they support based on the way they play.

PM me "Defend [player]".

---

You gots killed.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, Friese!
    You are LB Lavonte David, Bonehead, Bucs-Aligned

You singlehandedly cost your team your first game of the season, setting the mood for the entire first quarter. Schiano has been particularly harsh with you, but you don't want to hear his nonsense anymore. You're going to get him out of the locker room.

During each Thursday practice, you may throw a player out of bounds illegally. Who knows where it will send them? PM me "Redirect [player]".

---

A mixture of time zone differences and town stupidity keeps getting Friese lynched for whatever reason. Good targets, as usual, both redirecting the SK and getting a lucky RNG nod to use it to severely cripple scum early, and then outing the SK. Nicely done Friese.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, SanchoPanza!
    You are DB Darelle Revis, Shutdown Corner, Bucs-Aligned

This franchise traded for you, so you thought they had your best interest at heart. But Schiano isn't even using you correctly! You shut players out, not run all over the field based on the defensive scheme. Time to get a new coach who will use you properly. Every Thursday practice you choose a specific player to shutdown. He will be removed from the next game entirely, preventing him from performing and preventing anyone else from targetting him.

PM me "Shutdown [player]".

---

lol. Played his role pretty interestingly, but then totally modkilled himself, ending both his game and SwAg's. Poor guy?

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, Naugus!
    You are OL Carl Nicks, Stud Blocker, Bucs-Aligned

Man, can you block. There's really not much else to say about you other than you can keep a player from feeling any pressure whatsoever from the defense. But you are sick of losing, and that's why you believe a regime change is in order.

Each Thursday practice, PM me "Block for [player]". That player cannot be injured during the game.

---

Was totally fooled by Daniel, but worked out well in the end. His protection targets were pretty good, and despite Daniel reinforcing it as scum bcb was the right protect for a long time.

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, Andy Q.!
    You are K/NFI Lawrence Tynes, Pretty Pissed, Bucs-Aligned

After signing with the Bucs, ownership put you on the NFI for an infection, robbing you of your deserved salary. But you know the real criminal: bully Greg Schiano, who keeps pushing management to do things his way. While you're sidelined for the year, you can phone up another player and give them your support, giving them a big boost during the game.

Every Thursday practice, PM me "Phone [player]".

---

Andy motivated Naugus twice early despite heat on Naugus which was critical, and motivated town throughout the game before Daniel snatched his ability. Good game! Lots of good games for everyone!

Offense-Aligned
    ---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, bud49!
    You are OC Mike Sullivan, Coach Hopeful, Offense-Aligned

It's your turn to be head coach of the Bucs. Greg Schiano's nonsense is over. You've worked hard, correctly used your emerging personnel, have put all the work in to land this head coaching job. But you need to get the locker room on your side. Each Thursday practice you can try to convince a player to vouch for you as the new Head Coach. This will only work on the offensive skill personnel that gain to benefit from your rise, however.

During each Thursday practice, PM me "Recruit [player]"

WC: Your faction must outnumber all other factions.

You may communicate with: your recruits.

---

Hit his faction very often, which was really impressive. Laid low, played a solid game.

Defense-Aligned
    ---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, SwAg Dynasty!
    You are DC Bill Sheridan, Coach Hopeful, Defense-Aligned

It's your turn to be head coach of the Bucs. Greg Schiano's nonsense is over. You've worked hard, made great defensive schemes, have put all the work in to land this head coaching job. But you need to get the locker room on your side. Each Thursday practice you can try to convince a player to vouch for you as the new Head Coach. This will only work on the defensive skill personnel that gain to benefit from your rise, however.

During each Thursday practice, PM me "Recruit [player]"

WC: Your faction must outnumber all other factions.

You may communicate with: your recruits.

---

Scum MVP. Hit defensive players with every recruit, but got blocked by Robley trying to get Rags. After Gong's death and Sancho's implosion, still made the right kill target in bud as he desperately fought for a win. Was not meant to be, but SwAg played this pretty perfectly.

---

Vengeance-Aligned

---

Welcome to Tampa Bay Buccaneers Locker Room 2013 Mafia, football2ky!
    You are FA Peyton Hillis, Madden Cover Man 2011, Vengeance-Aligned

The Bucs are a bad football team and you know it. But they cut you? Seriously? This is all the fault of that stupid Madden curse! But one the psychics you've been consulting with called you the other day, and said the curse could be broken. All you have to do is destroy the Bucs franchise. To do this, you are going to eliminate their personnel. Each Thursday practice you can blindside a player and take 'em out for the season with your massive size. If you can take out three players this way, the curse will break and you can return to being the stud RB you know you are.

PM me "Smash [player]"

WC: You must knock three players out of the game.

You may communicate with: no one.

You gots redirected and lynched. Poor Footsy.

---

NIGHT ACTIONS

Robley
    Roleblock Swag
    DEAD

Gong
    Kill Rags
    Kill bcb1213
    Kill bcb1213
    DEAD

uslydevilu
    Investigate footsy
    Investigate Sancho
    Investigate Andy
    Kill Daniel

Daniel
    Redirect Sancho -> Daniel
    Redirect Naugus -> Daniel
    Redirect PSU -> Daniel
    Redirect Andy Q. -> Daniel, redirect usly -> Daniel

Ragnarok
    Investigate bcb1213
    DEAD

Naugus
    Protect Daniel and Gong
    Protect GongKong and Himself
    Protect bcb1213
    Protect bcb1213

Sancho
    Shutdown Ragnarok
    Shutdown bcb1213
    Shutdown Daniel
    DEAD

Andy Q
    Motivate Naugus
    Motivate Naugus
    Motivate bcb1213
    Motivate Daniel

Friese
    Redirect football2ky to Robley
    Redirect Naugus to Friese
    DEAD

PSU
    Track bud49
    Track Swag
    Track Gong
    Track Swag

bcb1213
    Watch Daniel
    Kill Naugus
    Watch Gong AND PSU
    Kill Swag

SwAg
    Recruit Rags
    Recruit GongKong
    Recruit SanchoPanza
    Kill Bud49

bud49
    Recruit Gong
    Recruit Daniel
    Recruit bcb1213
    Recruit uslydevilu

football2ky
    Kill Friese
    DEAD

THAT'S ALL! THANKS FOR PLAYING!!!
    Last edited by corycurren; 10-18-2013, 03:47 PM.
    I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

First?

Comment

Oh goodie.

Comment

not first
          2013 BDL and 2014 CMD Champion

Comment

I didn't even know Ogletree was on the Bucs...

Comment

no roleclaiming? I guess that would make it too easy

Comment

Originally posted by Robley View Post
                I didn't even know Ogletree was on the Bucs...
                He's not. Zing!

Comment

Originally posted by PSU View Post
                  no roleclaiming? I guess that would make it too easy
                  i meant character claiming*

Comment

I like to think this Mafia game's existence was the final straw in deciding Josh Freeman's real life release.

Mafia on, friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      He's not. Zing!
                      Fine. I didn't know he used to be on the Bucs.

Comment

Weren't the Bucs good at the beginning of last year?

Comment

Lynch mo... Oh, wait.

Cory, you are so mean, taking away our favourite D1 lynch.
                          Coming soon: Cold War Mini Mafia II - The Berlin Wall

Comment

Originally posted by Friese View Post
                            Lynch mo... Oh, wait.

Cory, you are so mean, taking away our favourite D1 lynch.
                            It's been the standard for so long now, I don't really know what to do now.

Comment

I didnt realise TAP was back
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X