X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular Show Mini-Mafia

Regular Show
    Not really. It's roleclaim mafia.

It was a Regular day at The Park. Mordecai and Rigby were slacking off, Benson was yelling at them, Muscle Man was taking his shirt off and yelling...the usual stuff.

Mr. Maellard was observing the Park from the bushes to see if everything was running smoothly, and despite some bumps in the road, everything appeared to be fine.

He turned around and saw a skeletal figure looking at him. "Time to go, mate," he said in a vaguely British accent.

"Unhand me you punk!" Mr. Maellard yelled. He did not have time for young people's shenanigans.

"Sorry mate, no can do."

The skeletal man opened up a green-lit portal right there in front of them, and he and Mr. Maellard stepped through to the other side.

Daniel is dead. He was Mr. Maellard, Park Owner, The Park Aligned.

Player List:
    01. Footsy
    02. Friese: Eileen, Versatile Mole, The Park's Allies Aligned
    03. IR
    04. Sickpuppets: Thomas, The New Guy, The Park Aligned
    05. PR: High Five Ghost, Handy Specter, The Park Aligned
    06. cory
    07. Monk: Pops, Park Proprietor, The Park Aligned
    08. Alastair: Rigby, Sidekick, The Park Aligned
    09. Centurion
    10. bcb
    11. Johnny: Mordecai, Main Character, The Park Aligned
    12. Gong: Benson, The Boss, The Park Aligned
    13. Uslydevilu

Day 1: The town eventually ends it for Gong.
    Night 1: Nothing happens.
    Day 2: Monk survives twice as long as usual.
    Night 2: PR meets Death...again.
    Day 3: Johnny gets killed quickly....three days later.
    Night 3: Alastair comes to the wrong place.
    Day 4: Sickpuppets pays for being the new guy.
    Night 4: Friese is killed. I don't have anything clever to say about it.
    Day 5: bcb survives!
    Night 5: It all ends for The Park.

Rules:

- Roleclaim as you please, though it is not recommended.

- In order to vote for someone to get lynched during the day, you must bold lynch and their name (i.e. Lynch Daniel); you do not need to unlynch one person before you vote to lynch another.

- Please do not dead post.

- Do not discuss your win condition in the thread. Many of them for the same factions are a little different.

- No editing or deleting posts. Double, triple, quadruple, etc. posting is fine.

- Do not post information from your Night PM prior to the night write-up.

- No checking Who's Online.

- I reserve the right to modkill and forcefully end a lynch.

- No posting screenshots. No dead chats; we'll PM you if/when there is one.

- No quoting PMs.

- Day phases will end when a majority decision has been reached. If you make a habit of sending late PMs, I will end without you. I reserve the right to end a phase for any reason whatsoever.

- Nights will last 24 hours

- Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread.

It is Day 1. With 13 alive and 13 voting, it's 7 to lynch.
    Last edited by Daniel; 10-31-2013, 04:33 PM.

Overall, this game was clearly a tough one for the newer players, as all the players who fared reasonably well are experienced players. Unfortunately for the town, two of the more experienced players (Gong and PR) got killed early on, another one got speed lynched (Johnny), and the fourth only had passive abilities for most of the game (IR). I'll remember in the future that if I make a strange mechanic, it'll make it much tougher on new guys.

First, the town (i.e. The Park Aligned and The Park's Allies):

Well, all of you got pretty well fooled by usly and cory. I wanted to make roleclaiming useless and force people to lynch based on play, but cory and usly's exchange early on effectively got everyone, as no one guessed that the scum would know what happened with the roles. You all should be ashamed for missing that cory was a killer when he was caught red handed by SP though.

Also, Johnny's lynch was terrible. Every townie who was involved was automatically taken out of consideration for MVP honors.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, IR. You are Muscle Man, Hard Worker, The Park Aligned.
    Despite your tendency to take your shirt off and yell “Whoohoooooo” at the drop of a hat, you’re one of the Park’s better employees, capable of doing most any job in front of you. But you can go off from time to time. Every night, you can either roleblock someone, be the bomb, or watch someone (selected at random). For Night 1, you are the bomb.

WC: You win when all threats to The Park are eliminated.
    You had a quiet game. You did a good job early on of trying to get a killer on you, as cory almost went after you night 1. bcb read you though, and told cory not to. Had it not been for bcb stopping him, you probably would've debacled the whole game for the scum on Night 1. You'd be the MVP if you weren't in on Johnny's lynch, which was automatic MVP disqualification.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Alastair. You are Rigby, Sidekick, The Park Aligned.
    You aren’t good at too many tasks around the Park, but when something crazy happens, like Mordecai getting trapped in another dimension by the Guardian of the Friend Zone, you’re the one that often bails him out. You’re capable of more than you appear to be, so at random, you will be able to watch someone, motivate someone, or reflect their ability on them. For Night 1, you are a watcher.

You were a perfect example of why it had to be tough being a new player in a game with a strange mechanic like this. You got unlucky hitting the PGO, but you didn't make any huge mistakes, but neither did you catch any scum. This was a tough game though, so don't worry about it. For a brand new player, you did well, and I'm sure you'll be a much better player very quickly.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Gong. You are Benson, The Boss, The Park Aligned.
    Even though Mr. Maellard owns the Park, and Pops is technically your boss, you’re the park manager, and you oversee all the activities of the Park. Or at least, you try to when you aren’t having to get those slackers Mordecai and Rigby out of trouble. Because you’re in charge, you are occasionally the doublevote, but you can also track people and give gifts if you deem them appropriate (ability selected at random). For Night 1, you can track.

You came in late and did enough to set everyone against you. You probably could've recovered later were it not for the time limit and the rush happening when you weren't around near the end of the phase. Not your best game, but it happens, and you were filling in for me anyway, so thanks again.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Johnny. You are Mordecai, Main Character, The Park Aligned.
    You’re the show’s main character, and even though you’re pretty lazy, you’re a better employee than your best friend Rigby. You occasionally (like once a week) end up in a crazy and/or supernatural situation, but you always come out on top. As the main character, you can do a lot. At random, you will be able to investigate alignments, commute, or protect someone at night. For Night 1, you have a protect.

The lynch vote against you was terrible. One of the worst I've ever seen in any mafia. Not only did the town lynch one of its investigators, they did so in a speed lynch, and they did a speed lynch after I said I wouldn't be around for the next three days, so there'd be no writeup (and even hinted that it might not be a good idea). You'd have gotten MVP because your gut was on, but you didn't put it together that they had jumped on the Park Allies as scum and claimed they were Park Aligned, and you were overly aggressive for modkills, which is what made so many people suspicious of you.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Footsy. You are Skips, Jack of All Trades, The Park Aligned.
    You’re the Park’s fix-it guy. Since you’re also an immortal Yeti, you’ve been around the block a few times, and know a good deal about a lot of things (although computers aren’t your strong suit). As a guy who can do it all, you can either kill, protect, or be a PGO at night (selected at random). For Night 1, you are a protector.

Not your best game. You did everything that cory and usly wanted, and to your credit, you sensed that something was up early on with them, however, you made several errors and never quite put the pieces together til the very end when it was all but too late (although you could've kept town in the game had you not changed targets that last night). This was a tough game to be a relatively new player for town, as the results show, so don't get super disheartened over not a very good game.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Sickpuppets. You are Thomas, The New Guy, The Park Aligned.
    As the Park’s new intern, you get stuck doing whatever needs doing. However, on the bright side, that means you’ve learned to do a lot of stuff already. Put that knowledge to work! At night, you will have a randomly selected ability to redirect someone, draw all abilities to yourself, or roleblock someone. For Night 1, you are a redirector.

I don't blame town for lynching you after you said you just wanted the day to end an hour into it. I'd have done the same, but it happens. Also, you should've pressed cory harder. I assumed that when you caught him, it was over for the scum since they'd been too aggressive, but it wasn't. I also can't believe that no one remembered that EVERYONE was blocked on Night 1, and somehow, that's one of the things that got you lynched. For that series of weird events, you get this game's JVP.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, PR. You are High Five Ghost, Handy Specter, The Park Aligned.
    You’d think a little ghost with a hand coming out of its head wouldn’t be capable of much, but you’re surprisingly handy (get it?). At night, you will randomly be able to revive someone (only once though), investigate someone’s role, or get a VI task and reward. For Night 1, you can use your revive if you like.

Town MVP by default, PR. You made the obvious choice with your ability before Monk roleblocked you, then died before the town started screwing up left and right. You jumped onto bcb, which is what he wanted, but it was Day 1 and he was being obvious scum, so you get no blame for that. You also played right into the hands of cory and usly, but again, there's not much you could expect someone to do then and there, and those were both more a result of being active than anything else.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Monk. You are Pops, Park Proprietor, The Park Aligned.
    Your father owns the Park, but he leaves you in charge when he’s not around (i.e. most of the time). You spend most of your time playing around in your office or catching butterflies in the Park, but you know what needs doing when it comes down to it. As the Park Proprietor, you can either use a universal roleblock, make an announcement to the town, or motivate someone. For night 1, you have a universal roleblock.

Poor Monk. Once you PMed me your strategy I knew it was probably going to blow up in your face. For future reference, fakeclaims when you're town are rarely a good idea; in that instance, what you should've done is drop the act and be completely transparent about your ability, as the specificity with which you could've matched up with everyone else's PM could've saved you. Also, you used the universal roleblock Night 1, which was a bad idea. That's an ability that has a very specific time and place when it should be used, and that wasn't it. Also, it prevented PR from using his revive on Gong, which would've really helped the town. Sorry bud, but you get Town LVP.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Friese. You are Eileen, Versatile Mole, The Park’s Allies Aligned.
    You, along with Margaret, work at the Coffee Shop frequented by Mordecai and Rigby. As a result, you often get roped into their crazy adventures, but you’ve picked up a skill or two along the way. At random, you will be able to steal someone’s ability, track someone, or even pick up a doublevote. For Night 1, you are a tracker.

WC: You win when all threats to The Park and its allies are eliminated.
    You had a pretty typical game for you, in that you weren't on much, and that's starting to be your MO. I think both you and Cent handled the Park's Allies thing well, as a lot of people were suspicious of you because you weren't with the Regular Town faction. Still, you need to be more active earlier on, though I know time zones make that difficult for you.

Welcome to Regular Show Mafia, Centurion. You are Margaret, Mordecai’s Crush, The Park’s Allies Aligned.
    You work at the Coffee Shop with Eileen, where Mordecai and Rigby frequent, and as a result, you get roped in to their craziness half the time. As a result, you’ve picked up quite a few skills. You can either test the truth of a statement, track someone, or select a player and find out how many scum voted for them the next dayphase. For Day 1, you’re a census taker, so please tell me the player you want to census ASAP.

Boy you got unlucky with your abilities. Arguably, it's partially your fault for not picking better targets, but nah, you just got unlucky. Better luck next time.

And our winners, the Park's Enemies:

Welcome to Roleclaim Mafia, Cory. You are Death, Killer, Park Enemies Aligned.
    You’ve had more run-ins with the Park employees than you’d think. Once, Skips arm-wrestled you for Rigby’s soul, then the Park’s bowling team beat yours (the Magical Elements), you lost a hot dog eating contest to Muscle Man, and you got Mordecai and Rigby to babysit your demon-child while you had an anniversary dinner with your wife. Here, you’re doing what you do. Kill people.

WC: Become the dominant faction.
    Great job with the JOAT claim early on. I gave you and bcb co-ScuMVP honors because you were leading the faction and doing a good job, but you were a little overly aggressive, and if town had played better, you'd have been caught. Also, you would've died Night 1 were it not for bcb.

Welcome to Roleclaim Mafia, uslydevilu. You are A Bunch of Full Grown Geese, Park Destroyer, Park Enemies Aligned.
    All you care about is ****ting all over the Park. Literally. Your flock exists to take over the Park by ****ting everywhere. However, a bunch of baby ducks, along with Mordecai and Rigby, defeated you and drove you away. Now you want revenge. You can choose to either roleblock a player, or protect one of your own from a plethora of night actions.

To be honest, I had kind of written you off as a ****ty player before this. But you surprised me. It wasn't that you went along with cory's idea to out yourself as a JOAT for no reason, but you played it and the naivety that went with that kind of play perfectly. Like cory, you were a little overly aggressive, but you acted confused the whole game and no one caught you. Big improvement.

Welcome to Roleclaim Mafia, bcb. You are Garrett Bobby Ferguson, Final Boss, Park Enemies Aligned.
    A giant, floating, video game playing head, you are Mordecai and Rigby’s greatest nemesis. You were even brought back from the dead by your son, Garrett Bobby Ferguson Jr., to get revenge, but you two failed. Now, you get a second chance. You are immune to investigations and, with Death on your side, you can’t be killed.

You get co-ScuMVP for this game. You did a good job swinging suspicion your way early on and you saved your faction from almost certain death by picking up that IR was the bomb. After that, you didn't do much in the thread, but a very solid game overall.
    Last edited by Daniel; 11-06-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

aw man

Comment

SECOND POST RESERVED FOR CORY!!!a

damnit JAS
        Originally posted by GongKong
        I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by corycurren View Post
          SECOND POST RESERVED FOR CORY!!!a

damnit JAS
          you must be scum.

Was that a ninja edit?

Comment

hahahah ninja edit on post 4. Modkill incoming I should hope.

Comment

come at me Mod

jk Daniel you should kill JAS instead
              I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                hahahah ninja edit on post 4. Modkill incoming I should hope.
                That would be the quickest modkill since DT.
                Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

Comment

why would you have the white 'a' if not to keep everything caps, then follow through with the lowercase 'damnit' if it wasn't an edit.

Also, why be excited about 2nd post then be upset, and not just change it. Cory deserves a modkill for editing posts.

Comment

Not surprising that PR doesn't know that if you had "Go Advanced" you see a "Topic Review" to see if there's any new posts that makes yours redundant

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                      why would you have the white 'a' if not to keep everything caps, then follow through with the lowercase 'damnit' if it wasn't an edit.

Also, why be excited about 2nd post then be upset, and not just change it. Cory deserves a modkill for editing posts.
                      Lynch JAS

You're demanding a modkill for a rule that wasn't even broken on Day 1? That seems very town of you.

Comment

I am watching and judging you all from my lofty perch.

Comment

Can we please all band together as a community and lynch Rags Day 1? He's earned it.

Comment

Ninja edits are fine, but you use them at your own risk.

Comment

I got blood on my pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X