Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creepypasta Mafia Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PR was unexpectedly inactive, and it hurt Slender a little bit I think. Not a lot of time spent in chat discussing targets or strategery. The fakeclaim I gave him wasn’t that great, admittedly, but it would have worked well with the ability he would have gotten after recruiting. A shame he switched off bcb on Night 2 (I think) to Swag, although given Slender was completely RBed that Night it didn’t really matter.
    I wasn't inactive. I kept up with the game pretty well. I just wasn't able to get into chat when either Clov or JLasherson were on. I kept coming online after they were offline and seeing their plan.
    Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

    - Noah Porter

    Comment


    • Originally posted by PR View Post
      I wasn't inactive. I kept up with the game pretty well. I just wasn't able to get into chat when either Clov or JLasherson were on. I kept coming online after they were offline and seeing their plan.
      We may have had the worst luck of any scum faction in history. Still, I had fun following.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
        We may have had the worst luck of any scum faction in history. Still, I had fun following.
        Hear hear. It was eerily reminiscent of All-Stars where we both got ****ed over lol
        Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice; keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

        - Noah Porter

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Blue
          I think Jepg enjoyed snooping on the things other people had to say to each other. He was so pissed off when IR didn’t send anything of interest to football on Night 3, lol. Generally excellent reads on people in the game thread, although I have to knock him a bit for buying the silly claim football used. Honorable Mention Town MVP.
          It made no sense to do that though. Not sure I ever 100% guaranteed that football was town - whenever I talked about him I said things like "to most people he appears town" and I kept on questioning the number of investigators and harassing football for results. But it's fair.
          Originally posted by JoeLegend
          You guys are right im wrong.

          Comment


          • Not only your Town MVP but also Game MVP. JLash had some of the worst luck to start the game and I can only imagine what was going through his head after being recruited Night 1, blocked Night 2, and suddenly becoming Town again Night 3. Only posted his results once but was smart enough to realize what was going on with bcb, instead of calling him out as a liar and forcing a roleclaim. Clearly didn’t buy football’s awful fakeclaim, unlike several other Townies. His decision to kill SickPuppets and track IR on Night 6 would have essentially ensured a Town win on Day 7 if IR had sent in a PM. As it was, he saved Town another Night and probably saved someone’s win by killing Sick.
            Yay!

            Comment


            • Thanks for the advice Blue, I'm trying to improve as a mafia player so the advice was helpful. On another note: I didn't want to kill JAS, personally Jepg and Walter seemed like bigger threats but I was to late in the game to start attempting to have a bigger say in things and not be obedient (which I did to late) I do consider this my worst game of Mafia in my short career so far.
              Originally posted by Johnnyallstar
              I call dibs on Saban.

              I'm gonna suplex that doomtrain so hard.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Clovdyx View Post
                We may have had the worst luck of any scum faction in history. Still, I had fun following.
                It's up there. Like when DT roleclaimed scum Day 1, got modkilled, SirA died the next night, mpg went inactive, and CJ spent their day kill on an Indy.

                Man what a great game, I miss you Carling.
                Originally posted by Daniel
                Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                That's how you sound.
                lmao

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PR View Post
                  Hear hear. It was eerily reminiscent of All-Stars where we both got ****ed over lol
                  (You tried recruiting me in both, and I was immune in both too /: )
                  Originally posted by Daniel
                  Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

                  That's how you sound.
                  lmao

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Blue View Post
                    Not merely the Scum LVP but Game LVP for some of the worst thread play I have seen in a long time. Your lynch on Day 2 was a classic example of someone getting lynched not because of the case against them, but their overreaction to it. Jepg had nothing on you and still got you lynched over an outed godfather. Cory had to waste an ability to save you that A) he could have used to save himself and B) used to claim an ability that would have “cleared” him as Town. I don’t understand why you not only chose to ignore the fakeclaim I gave you (which fit with your actual ability), but to also claim you were a vengeful supernatural roleblocker who couldn’t be killed. How and why Town believed that for so long, I have no idea. Admitting you were roleblocked the Night no supernatural kill happened was bad enough, but doing it when a teammate told you not to say anything and with no one asking you directly about it?

                    All this on top of constantly pushing people to roleclaim with almost no pressure on them was also incredibly scummy and brought a lot of attention to you that you didn’t need. You also attached yourself to your teammates quite a bit, which probably didn’t help your case any around Day 5. I don’t understand why you did anything you did in-thread. Next game, try to sit back and do more reads of players than demanding information. Controlling the flow of information is key in Mafia and you need to work on how you get that information, both as Town and especially as scum.
                    First off, Cory came up with my fake claim. I know to trust him with those.

                    Second, assumed it was a a game wide role block, didn't really think it through plus CKane claiming it didn't make me think twice. Bonehead by me.

                    Bold, I had done that every game, and when I didn't do it early (or really post at all) jepg called me out. I am working to change my whole style now that I see the goods/bads of it.
                    Last edited by football2ky; 11-11-2013, 07:23 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Fun game Blue. I enjoyed myself.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by football2ky View Post
                        First off, Cory came up with my fake claim. I know to trust him with those.

                        Second, assumed it was a a game wide role block, didn't really think it through plus CKane claiming it didn't make me think twice. Bonehead by me.

                        Bold, I had done that every game, and when I didn't do it early (or really post at all) jepg called me out. I am working to change my whole style now that I see the goods/bads of it.
                        I hope that works out, to bad about Cold War though.
                        Originally posted by Johnnyallstar
                        I call dibs on Saban.

                        I'm gonna suplex that doomtrain so hard.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                          It's up there. Like when DT roleclaimed scum Day 1, got modkilled, SirA died the next night, mpg went inactive, and CJ spent their day kill on an Indy.

                          Man what a great game, I miss you Carling.
                          Agreed. I'll never get over how I cut people into tiny pieces of meat while claiming protector and everybody was like "lol my bad bro, we not kill u, save us from evil scum guyz". Then you PM'ed me and were like, "You're an evil man." and I go "I know."

                          Comment


                          • Great game Blue.
                            Originally posted by GongKong
                            I wonder what Cory has cooked up. He is usually a leader of men. Cory the butcher of bakersfield. The one that does not eat the last piece of bread on the table. Truly a hero to the people, even if he spit in the butter bowl, cuz he is a wily little rebel.

                            Comment


                            • I don’t think Daniel read his role PM very carefully, for a couple reasons, but he was only at like -2 to his votes needed to lynch by the end of the game. Generally pretty good with his gifts and targets, although why you chose to give the Monster Pot on Night 1 to anyone is a mystery to me. And why not give the Horace Horrible Doll to SickPuppets after he survived a kill? That said you didn’t play this role poorly at all
                              Actually, I was intentionally giving a lower number in the thread so that if it got close to the end where I was being pressured and a scummy tried to hammer me and make it look accidental, they'd expose themselves by getting to the number I lied about, but not all the way up to the number needed to lynch me. I figured that was probably an unlikely scenario, but I wanted to be prepared anyway.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by PR View Post
                                I wasn't inactive. I kept up with the game pretty well. I just wasn't able to get into chat when either Clov or JLasherson were on. I kept coming online after they were offline and seeing their plan.
                                *shrugs* I just don't remember you being active in the thread or the chat, but like you said, you weren't on at the same time they were.

                                Originally posted by jepg View Post
                                It made no sense to do that though. Not sure I ever 100% guaranteed that football was town - whenever I talked about him I said things like "to most people he appears town" and I kept on questioning the number of investigators and harassing football for results. But it's fair.
                                Yes, I'm well aware that you're good at hedging what you say so you can't be held to it later.

                                Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                                Actually, I was intentionally giving a lower number in the thread so that if it got close to the end where I was being pressured and a scummy tried to hammer me and make it look accidental, they'd expose themselves by getting to the number I lied about, but not all the way up to the number needed to lynch me. I figured that was probably an unlikely scenario, but I wanted to be prepared anyway.
                                Ah, good move then.
                                Originally posted by jepg
                                I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                                I should be put on an island and nuked.
                                Originally posted by jepg
                                Blue is right

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X