Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.

Comment

More posts should equal somewhat more respect. Someones taken the time to say something. Thus helped contribute in someway, albeit good or bad.
      sigpic

Comment

Bottom line is that post counts promote activity on these forums. It is not the reason we post by any means, but I take no issue with certain members getting recognition for what they bring to the site.

PuppyPuncher and Wraith both have over 10,000 posts. Active members like them contribute alot to the forums and if being recognized as a prominent member, via post count, is their only reward, then I fail to see a legitimate reason to take that away.

Comment

I think post counts are useful. every now and then it helps diagnose a new member who shouldn't be criticised to the same degree if asking a stupid question. although the join date could be enough in that regard...

Comment

I don't see the necessity of this. It's not as if this board hates on n00bs. And Walter goes out of his way to welcome them.

The only purpose I can see is from 27 posts per day, while not posting here for 4 months.

Comment

Activity can show credibility. Most people won't sit on a forum and spill BS for hours on end when they are being called out constantly. So having a high post count says that you are likely more credible.

I agree that there are negatives and positives to it though.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Comment

Originally posted by ckane138 View Post
                Haha, I wasn't implying that at all and I actually thought you were a mod for some reason. What I mean is that in those cases it's great that people went to you but if they were going straight off post count they could have just as easily been going to waffles/rhyme when they were here or someone else that isn't really a good representative of the forums.

Though I would like to point out that VBSiena's 10000th post contest was a brilliant idea .
                I was a mod for a bit, but my second semester of my senior year of college got really busy so I had to go AWOL after football season so I could do HW, have some sort of social life in the dorms, go to The Hague for school and ski. I popped back after school ended.

Comment

You will have immaturity here, no matter what. I kinda like post counts now because I'm getting ready to hit 5000. I don't really care either way.

Comment

I say keep it the way it is. I don't think anyone looks to deep into post counts anyway, and if I were to really to have a problem I'm going to a MOD anyway, regardless of their post count.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith36444 View Post
                      I was a mod for a bit, but my second semester of my senior year of college got really busy so I had to go AWOL after football season so I could do HW, have some sort of social life in the dorms, go to The Hague for school and ski. I popped back after school ended.
                      so you're gonna stick around post draft this time?

Comment

Yea. I actually left after the NFC Championship game.

Comment

I like post counts and Status, I'm a Pereniel Pro Bowler and it makes me feel good about myself when little else in my pathetic little life can.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

lol

Comment

im not a fan of post counts either but i dont care because caring about something on the internet is retarded
                              The Bears are a gud football team in first place.

Comment

lame thread
                                WE MISS YOU BRONCO CON.....Date of post...Sept 2008- Jan 2010...R.I.P....your in a better forum now

Comment

Working...
                                X