Walter Football General Manager MMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Football General Manager MMO

This is a stretch but stay with me here.

A Free to play MMO where players get to be the General Manager of an NFL team and play against 32 other GM's in their league. They get to go through the draft with actual players and if they are not there for the draft they can set up a big board to be drafted by. You can also do Free Agency, hire and fire staffs, and be fired. expert Analysis from Walter and Matt McGuire and Walter. It would be cool and there is nothing else like it on the net.

Since it would be free it would not run afoul of the NFL as long as their logos and likenesses weren't used. Don't even have to use the actual team names, just the cities.

I'm sure there are things that could be worked out to make this work and it would be really cool. What you guys think? Add to the growing Walter Football Empire?
    Last edited by Joey_Potter; 07-18-2010, 07:38 PM.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

thanks man icon yourself

Comment

Icon Myself? Huh?
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

33 teams would be weird

Can you elaborate a bit? Because it basically sounds like the CMD

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Yeah, we have this already with the convoluted CMD. Walt & Matt commenting would be pointless... it's very clear which players they like already.

Comment

Well it is an idea I had to create a General Manager game on the internet where you could compete in a league that had 32 teams per league. You would chose a team in a league that has a team without a GM and work as that team's GM. You would build your roster, draft players, go through camp, make cuts, trades, signings, etc, all under the Salary Cap of course. You would hire the coaches with the systems you wanted to run and the mentality you want while drafting or aquiering players that fit your coaches system. Then you check on your team by talking to coaches, coordinators, or whatever to see what positions you need, what players are improving, what players arent pulling their weight, etc.

Players will be rated in categories based on their position, not all those unneeded categories like Madden. Your job would be to aquire talent for your coach to succeed, if he doesn't you could fire him and hire someone else.

The big thing is that each person would be working against other people, trading with another person, playing against teams put together by other people, signing players that are controlled by the computer but the other stuff is based around humans. The best GM wins the championship.

There would be several leagues, 32 teams each. Every 32nd person to sign up another league would be formed.

I have scoured the internet for anything similar to that and found nothing. I think it would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
              Yeah, we have this already with the convoluted CMD. Walt & Matt commenting would be pointless... it's very clear which players they like already.
              I have no clue what a CMD is.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                Well it is an idea I had to create a General Manager game on the internet where you could compete in a league that had 32 teams per league. You would chose a team in a league that has a team without a GM and work as that team's GM. You would build your roster, draft players, go through camp, make cuts, trades, signings, etc, all under the Salary Cap of course. You would hire the coaches with the systems you wanted to run and the mentality you want while drafting or aquiering players that fit your coaches system. Then you check on your team by talking to coaches, coordinators, or whatever to see what positions you need, what players are improving, what players arent pulling their weight, etc.

Players will be rated in categories based on their position, not all those unneeded categories like Madden. Your job would be to aquire talent for your coach to succeed, if he doesn't you could fire him and hire someone else.

The big thing is that each person would be working against other people, trading with another person, playing against teams put together by other people, signing players that are controlled by the computer but the other stuff is based around humans. The best GM wins the championship.

There would be several leagues, 32 teams each. Every 32nd person to sign up another league would be formed.

I have scoured the internet for anything similar to that and found nothing. I think it would be cool.
                And where are you gonna find a team of developers to spend countless hours to write program/script this? MMO's take years to develop with a team of 20-30 developers.

Comment

It was just an idea. How the hell would I know that. Gee wiz Shadow. I cant think of everything.

Besides I thought Walter was smart enough to develop a DDO all by himself.

Comment

It was just an idea. How the hell would I know that. Gee wiz Shadow. I cant think of everything.

Besides I thought Walter was smart enough to develop a DDO all by himself.
                    Just saying. There's a reason developers get paid 60 grand a year for being mediocre, and 100+ grand for being great. Their job isn't easy.

Comment

BioWare has hundreds of developers working on Star Wars: The Old Republic and that has been going on for 6 years.

I was just thinking that the games would all be simulated so no fancy graphics would be needed. I figure Walter was good enough to do one with no fancy graphics.

Comment

Icon Myself? Huh?
                        It's was called sharp shooter and I was jump up and down all day. I was crazy.

Comment

Walter likes the idea. I am feeling much better about it now.

Comment

They already have this. It's called Madden Online Franchise.

Comment

http://www.gridiron3.com/
                              The NFL has JUST been put on notice....

1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X