Ad Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad Problems

Anyone else getting malware warnings from their antivirus on the main site from the ads? I am using Avast!, and it just blocked an ad.
    sigpic

Yea I noticed this too

Comment

My anti-virus keeps warning me about a trojan when I'm viewing the forums. It just started today.

Comment

Intrusive Ads --> Adblocker Enabled

I know the site needs to make money, I know it's difficult to manage the ads that some of these companies will put up on the site, I know that the banner ads don't pay as well, and I know sometimes there's not many choices.

With that being said, if I have multiple (in the case I just experienced, 5) videos with audio autoplay when I load the page, I'm going to have to enable adblocker for the site, and I don't want to. I imagine there are others who feel the same, so if there's anything you could possibly do, or if I at least felt like you were trying to work on issues like this, I'd be more inclined to keep the adblocker off.

Comment

I have no issues, but I use adblocker on all sites, cuz **** java, **** all the preplay bull****.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
          I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Walt tries to not allow any autoplay or sound ads, but it's tough to stop them all

Use adblock, Walt's rich anyway. Have you seen his house. 1%er.

Comment

I think I've identified the problem... hopefully they go away
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I think Walt does a pretty good job with ads.

Comment

I keep getting this error on both IE and Chrome.

I cleared my history in both.

I can only get on if I hide my IP, then it logins in, otherwise that error. Any advice?
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                  I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Yeah, the video ads need to go away.

Originally posted by GongKong View Post

I keep getting this error on both IE and Chrome.

I cleared my history in both.

I can only get on if I hide my IP, then it logins in, otherwise that error. Any advice?
                    You are the 3rd person, including myself, that has been having this issue. I think it deserves its own topic.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                      Yeah, the video ads need to go away.
                      Seriously, the autoplaying video ads can go **** themselves. Just had 3 of them on the draft page, and it makes the site chug along ridiculously slow.

Walt, please destroy with extreme prejudice.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm viewing the forums. It just started today.

______
                        NOOR

Comment

I've had these problems on my other laptop...I think walterfootball got a virus/ad malware lurking around somewhere... Idk wtf it is but it follows me now on my main computer It first showed up on here and I scanned my computer so I can't f***ing get rid of it. Idk what it is so...
                          Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

Ad Problems

Walter I?ve had two problems with ads on this site lately.

One is major. On my phone only, immediately as I load the site, it takes me into the app store to download an app. I cannot access the site.

The other is less as important but sometimes in the past few days I?ve seen certain works hyperlinked. Haven?t clicked on them but probably not your intention.

I need to be able to check in on my phone
                            2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

Agreed 100%, this site is unusable on my phone now.

Comment

Working...
                              X