New Suggestion to stop Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Suggestion to stop Spam

How about all users need to be approved by a mod/admin before they can post. Gets rid of all the spam users and shouldn't cause much delay for the real users.

Another thing we could do is instead of just banning and deleting that username we should block there ip address. I know it can be done just not sure how.

Comment

Doesn't work. They use proxies, so they have a different IP each time they post.

Comment

Ok then that wont work. I dont care what we do as long as the spamers are gone. What do you mean by having new users being aproved by mods before than can post. Would it be like another email verification.

Comment

I mean that, when a mod goes to the mod control panel, they could click on a link which shows them a list of users waiting to be approved. The mods would not approve spammers, and they wouldn't be able to post.

Comment

If mods have to approve them, that's just as much work (if not more) than just deleting posts.

And yeah, banning IPs doesn't work.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Plus how do you know what is a spammer and what isn't?

I think we should go with having ot have a minimum of 10 posts to create a thread, which is the best idea.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Plus how do you know what is a spammer and what isn't?

I think we should go with having ot have a minimum of 10 posts to create a thread, which is the best idea.
                If you haven't noticed, they are now posting inside existing threads, so your solution wouldn't completely get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                  If you haven't noticed, they are now posting inside existing threads, so your solution wouldn't completely get rid of them.
                  Agreed. In fact more spammers would post in threads that were already made making it less obvious where the spam is. Pre-approving users would help but spammers could just come up with less obvious names so I'm not sure how you could screen them all out. Frankly, I say we put together a team of assassins to hunt down and behead all spammers. That would put a pretty quick stop to the problem I assure you.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                  HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Working...
                  X