This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cincinnati Bengals needs:

1. OG - I don't know whether this would be a first round need as round 2 is as early as i'd like to take a OG. Cook is prooving to be a good, not great yet, center through 3 weeks. However, Bobbie Williams is a free agent this year and i'm not convinced Evan Mathis can play to the standard required. Possibly Jonathan Luigs will come in at OG if he can't take over Cook in the depth chart but i think this could be our primary need.

2. CB - Whilst i think Leon Hall is proving himself to be an elite CB in 2009 Joseph still makes some mistakes and most importantly we need a nickel CB who may be able to step it up because our guys are free agents in 2011 and we need someone waiting in the wings.

3. TE - Perhaps may be the biggest need for us because of the unknowns. Reggie Kelly and Utecht both had season ending injuries in cmp so it's not known if they'll come back strong or even if they'll resign Kelly at all. At the moment Coffman is an unknown so until i see more this position is really shaky. The main need at tight end would be a premier blocking TE, to learn under kelly if he doens't come back or to be able to step in soon if kelly isn't resigned.

4. RB - I'm cautious putting this as a need because Benson is playing great football, along with Leonard and Scott hasn't had a chance to make an impact yet, but if Benson slows down a bit, or the right player falls in the draft we could end up taking a speed RB to compliment Benson and possibly take over more responsibility if he doesn't resign after the 2011 season.

5. QB - I'm not saying i'm not happy with Carson but if some players step up resulting in less needs for us, i dont mind us taking a developmental QB in the later rounds so we could develop a dependable backup. However, i don't see this strictly as a need.

Not needs:

(will put in in 10 minutes )

Comment

Vikings:

1. QB: We need that franchise signal caller. Max Hall could be a good fit.

2. OT: Mount McKinnie has been shady as always in pass protection so far this year, he been alot more shady this year in run blocking as well.

3. DE: Not sure we will be able to re-sign Ray Edwards, he will probably get overpaid for his contract year performance somewhere else.

4. LB: Mid round need, need some depth and a possible successor to Ben Leber.

5. RB: Mid round need, Chilly won't spend anything higher then a 3rd rounder on a RB this year, too much depth in this draft class on RBs.

Comment

Originally posted by arhymemaster View Post
        Vikings:

2. OT: Mount McKinnie has been shady as always in pass protection so far this year, he been alot more shady this year in run blocking as well.

3. DE: Not sure we will be able to re-sign Ray Edwards, he will probably get overpaid for his contract year performance somewhere else.

5. RB: Mid round need, Chilly won't spend anything higher then a 3rd rounder on a RB this year, too much depth in this draft class on RBs.
        The Vikings are so hard to pick for at the end of round 1. What about an eventual replacement for Pat Williams? I was shocked to see he's 36. Do they have any promising DT's off the bench? And if Brad Childress still buys into the Andy Reid philosophy, its all about spending early round picks on the lines

Comment

Originally posted by BennyThomas View Post
          Cincinnati Bengals needs:

1. OG - I don't know whether this would be a first round need as round 2 is as early as i'd like to take a OG. Cook is prooving to be a good, not great yet, center through 3 weeks. However, Bobbie Williams is a free agent this year and i'm not convinced Evan Mathis can play to the standard required. Possibly Jonathan Luigs will come in at OG if he can't take over Cook in the depth chart but i think this could be our primary need.

2. CB - Whilst i think Leon Hall is proving himself to be an elite CB in 2009 Joseph still makes some mistakes and most importantly we need a nickel CB who may be able to step it up because our guys are free agents in 2011 and we need someone waiting in the wings.

3. TE - Perhaps may be the biggest need for us because of the unknowns. Reggie Kelly and Utecht both had season ending injuries in cmp so it's not known if they'll come back strong or even if they'll resign Kelly at all. At the moment Coffman is an unknown so until i see more this position is really shaky. The main need at tight end would be a premier blocking TE, to learn under kelly if he doens't come back or to be able to step in soon if kelly isn't resigned.

4. RB - I'm cautious putting this as a need because Benson is playing great football, along with Leonard and Scott hasn't had a chance to make an impact yet, but if Benson slows down a bit, or the right player falls in the draft we could end up taking a speed RB to compliment Benson and possibly take over more responsibility if he doesn't resign after the 2011 season.

5. QB - I'm not saying i'm not happy with Carson but if some players step up resulting in less needs for us, i dont mind us taking a developmental QB in the later rounds so we could develop a dependable backup. However, i don't see this strictly as a need.
          Safety is a big need as well.
          sigpic
          R.I.P. Chris Henry. Even with the bad choices he made, he made a comeback and was a great and respected athlete. He will be missed greatly.

Comment

I'll give you what the Steelers need even though I'm not a huge fan of them and my favorite teams the Pats I live in Pittsburgh so I know what the Steelers should do hope this helps.
            Offense
            RB Parker is in the last year of his contract and the Steelers coaches don't trust Mendenhall so I could see Pittsburgh drafting a runningback in the 6th to 7th round. Pittsburgh is paying Mendenhall too much money to ride the bench. Like when the Broncos got Terrell Davis
            LT Max Starks originally played right tackle I'm not sold on Colon as a right tackle and they could move him to right guard until Kraig Urbik is ready to start.
            LG The Steelers can draft a LG to develop and use Trai Essex as their left guard in the meantime then this should allow them to cut Chris Kemoatu who is the most overrated player on the Steelers.
            C AQ Shipley is on the practice squad I think he isn't that good. They could get Kris O Dowd in round 1 or another emerging C in round 2.
            Defense
            DE Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel are both in their 30's I think they will move Hood to DT after Casey Hampton's contract is up after this season.
            DT This is only necessary if they keep Hood at DE
            FS The Steelers have needed a free safety for years it's about time they draft one.
            Last edited by gogators#1; 09-29-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob112BoSox View Post
              Safety is a big need as well.
              To an extent i agree but it's one of those things i want to wait on for a few eeeks before i decide. If we were in a position where Berry fell to us i would be hugely happy but if we are in a position to take him then that prbably means we sabotaged ourselves and have desparate needs. I'm just not comfortable taking that 1st round RB the more i think about it. I'd like a guy like Hardy maybe. Or Trevard Lindley (mind you leon Hall is showing tons of talent this year). I want to also see how Ndukwe plays at S before i look at it as a major need. Problem being week 3 isnt ideal time to look at definite needs as guys still will get injured and break out.

Comment

Bears

DE - Wale and Mark Anderson's contracts are up at the end of the year, and if neither are resigned then it's a definite need because then we go in with Alex Brown and Henry Melton?/Israel Idonije? at defensive end as starters.

G - Frankie O and Garza have been why this ground game hasn't been up to snuff. Still think Shaffer should be starting at right tackle, would help the run blocking.
                Follow me on Twitter for my draft thoughts and updates!
                Originally posted by piazzajordan2
                Childress is chewing gum like a snotty middle school female whore.

Comment

Originally posted by arhymemaster View Post
                  Vikings:

epic fail, who replaces pat after this year, which will more than likely be his last???
                  2010 WF.com PPR Champion
                  2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                  2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
                  2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                  CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
                  CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

Originally posted by gogators#1 View Post
                    I'll give you what the Steelers need even though I'm not a huge fan of them and my favorite teams the Pats I live in Pittsburgh so I know what the Steelers should do hope this helps.
                    Offense
                    RB Parker is in the last year of his contract and the Steelers coaches don't trust Mendenhall so I could see Pittsburgh drafting a runningback in the 6th to 7th round. Pittsburgh is paying Mendenhall too much money to ride the bench. Like when the Broncos got Terrell Davis
                    LT Max Starks originally played right tackle I'm not sold on Colon as a right tackle and they could move him to right guard until Kraig Urbik is ready to start.
                    LG The Steelers can draft a LG to develop and use Trai Essex as their left guard in the meantime then this should allow them to cut Chris Kemoatu who is the most overrated player on the Steelers.
                    C AQ Shipley is on the practice squad I think he isn't that good. They could get Kris O Dowd in round 1 or another emerging C in round 2.
                    Defense
                    DE Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel are both in their 30's I think they will move Hood to DT after Casey Hampton's contract is up after this season.
                    DT This is only necessary if they keep Hood at DE
                    FS The Steelers have needed a free safety for years it's about time they draft one.
                    I'm not even certain they'll retain Willie Colon after this season. I think they go OT in round 1 and keep Starks at LT for the time being.

I believe Hartwig can upgraded but the Steelers don't think so. They just extended his contract.

I also think Hood will move to NT next year, meaning Aarom Smith still needs to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by KLNgus View Post
                      Redjet I think you misread Unbiased, we do not need OTs, he was just explaining his team construction pattern. You also wrote DL twice.

Right now, if we are planning our 1st round needs in 2010, a productive sack artist is arguably the thing we need the most. We have to see what Groves brings to the table this year but we'll need somebody across from him anyway (yes I already gave up on Harvey and right now he's playing 5 technique).

The second need is Eric Berry, ahem I mean a playmaker at the safety position. Unless we suck really bad we won't be able to get Berry and we'll have to see if someone has a similar skillset in April.

CB if there's some good value on the board and no other BPA at position of need.

5 technique doesn't seem to hold that much value IMO, putting a guy like Suh out there would be a waste of skills and we have Harvey at that spot for now, efficient 5-tech can be found regularly in the middle rounds.
                      Well, Groves is actually on the depth chart as an OLB behind Ingram. And I think Gerald Alexander will be an adequate SS in place of Considine. Now that we are starting Ellison opposite Harvey, unless we put Groves back there again or convert to the 3-4, DE is a need again next year.

And for everyone mocking the Jags with Tebow, I can't wait until some other stupid team (Redskins anyone?) drafts him before the Jags do. Hell, I would love it if the Browns take him first overall. Oh, I can dream...

Comment

stickied

Founder of ScarDraft
                        Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfan173 View Post
                          epic fail, who replaces pat after this year, which will more than likely be his last???
                          Fail.

Letroy Guion.

Comment

I'm going to try to give an update for the Jaguars every four games.

Looking at the schedule, I'm predicting a 7-9 or 8-8 season, picking around 15th or so.

I'm proposing a hypothetical trade involving John Henderson for a 2nd round pick. I'm not sure about the team we'd trade with, but the Lions could be a possibility if they get a few more wins, meaning it won't be a steep second round pick.

I'm also assuming the 3-4 switch will be permanent going into the 2010 season.

Based on what we will have for next season, this would be our defense in a 34.

RE: Derrick Harvey
                            NT: Terrance Knighton
                            LE: Rob Meier/Greg Peterson
                            OLB: Quentin Groves
                            ILB: Daryl Smith
                            ILB: Justin Durant
                            OLB: Julius Williams/Bryan Smith
                            CB: Rashean Mathis
                            FS: Reggie Nelson
                            SS: Gerald Alexander
                            CB: Derek Cox

Clint Ingram would be nice depth at ILB but would likely command starter money, and therefore would walk in FA.

The three biggest needs are the two OLB positions and DE opposite Harvey.

On offense, the only two needs I can see in the 2010 draft is a 3rd running back and a center to backup Meester and replace in the future.

So here's a top needs list with potential picks:

1.15 Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
                            Would start right away and bring his experience at rushing the passer. Only concern is his off-the-field behavior. If Gene Smith isn't comfortable with him, he would be passed.

2.? Arthur Jones/Jared Odrick/Vince Oghobasse, DE
                            A younger player to start at DE, someone who is a more natural fit in this defense than Henderson. I like Odrick the best, but he may be gone.

3.15 Antonio Coleman/Brandon Graham, OLB
                            Someone to compete with Groves at the other OLB spot. Also be a situational pass rusher.

4.15 Matt Tennant/Jim Cordle, C
                            Would be Meester's backup until he retires or is cut.

5.15 Michael Smith, RB, Arkansas
                            Would step in as the 3rd RB. Would compliment the backfield as the speed back to Jennings' power and MJD's balance.

6. Traded to TB for McCown

7.15 Cody Grimm, ST, Virginia Tech
                            Special teamer who played under the best.

Comment

For now INgram is our starting OLB opposite to Groves and he's doing pretty well, maybe the experiment will last a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                                I'm proposing a hypothetical trade involving John Henderson for a 2nd round pick.

Clint Ingram would be nice depth at ILB but would likely command starter money, and therefore would walk in FA.

The three biggest needs are the two OLB positions and DE opposite Harvey.

On offense, the only two needs I can see in the 2010 draft is a 3rd running back and a center to backup Meester and replace in the future.
                                Hooray for Jags fans who actually realize their needs! And I love that you'd also like to trade Henderson, I think we could get a 2nd round pick for him. That would be ideal but I'm not sure if the organization is even contemplating it.

I'd love to see our draft be:

OLB
                                ILB/OLB/DE

I'd like to see a 3rd RB added to the arsenal, but I'd be afraid to steal too many carries from MJD. I wouldn't want a 60/30/10 rotation where MJD only gets 10-15 touches. He's the type of player that needs to get 18+ touches whether it be rushing or receiving.

I agree that our biggest concern by far are both OLB positions. I think if they keep Ingram that he would play ILB and let Daryl Smith play the other outside, but I would love if we could get Kindle/Norwood and have a real pass rusher. If Daryl Smith/Groves emerge as semi-competent pass rushers, Brandon Spikes could be wonderful against the run for us or Rolando McClain. Just a big LB who could help us against the run would be great.

If we can get a Kindle/Norwood in round 1, I'd like to see what other LBs are available in 2 because if a McClain or great ILB falls, I'd rather put LE on hold and get a second LB early. If we can really upgrade our LB corps for 2010 with a good pass rusher and a great run stuffer we can start to conquer our defensive woes.

And if we can get a nice big LE in the 3rd round, like a Corey Wootton or Jeremy Jarmon, we could have a formidable defense.

Oh I'd love if we could actually get to Peyton and be able to hold CJ and Slaton down.

Comment

Working...
                                X