Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMD's 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Pre Combine Mock 2-18-14

    1 HOU – Teddy Bridgewater QB
    2 STL – Sammy Watkins WR
    3 JAX – Jadeveon Clowney DE
    4 CLE – Johnny Manziel QB
    5 OAK – Blake Bortles QB
    6 ATL – Jake Matthews OT
    7 TB – Mike Evans WR
    8 MIN – Khalil Mack OLB
    9 BUF – Greg Robinson OT
    10 DET – Marqise Lee WR
    11 TEN – Aaron Lynch DE
    12 NYG – Eric Ebron TE
    13 STL – HaHa Clinton-Dix FS
    14 CHI – Aaron Donald DT
    15 PIT – Bradley Roby CB
    16 BAL – Taylor Lewan OT
    17 DAL – Ra'Shede Hagemen DT
    18 NYJ – Odell Beckham WR
    19 MIA – Zack Martin OL
    20 ARI – Anthony Barr OLB
    21 GB – CJ Mosley ILB
    22 PHI – Calvin Pryor S
    23 KC – Cyrus Kouandjio OT
    24 CIN – Kony Ealy DE
    25 SD – Brandon Coleman WR
    26 CLE – Donte Moncrief WR
    27 NO – Dee Ford OLB
    28 CAR – Jarvis Landry WR
    29 NE – Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE
    30 SF – Jason Verrett CB
    31 DEN – Darqueze Dennard CB
    32 SEA – Louis Nix DT
    My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

    My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Can't be mad at that. Early for a few guys like Donald, Roby and especially Coleman.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JLash View Post
        Can't be mad at that. Early for a few guys like Donald, Roby and especially Coleman.
        All those guys are right with in a few spots from my big board to their draft slot so I just got higher grades on them then the consensus. Though my board is not completely finalized I didn't reach much on anybody but a few guys had big fit falls: Mosley, Ealy, Nix, Verrett and Dennard.
        My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

        My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NMD View Post
          All those guys are right with in a few spots from my big board to their draft slot so I just got higher grades on them then the consensus. Though my board is not completely finalized I didn't reach much on anybody but a few guys had big fit falls: Mosley, Ealy, Nix, Verrett and Dennard.
          Unless Coleman puts up ridiculous numbers at the combine I think the earliest he goes is late 2nd.

          Comment


          • #20
            I think you have Aaron Lynch 4 or 5 rounds early there.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by JLash View Post
              Unless Coleman puts up ridiculous numbers at the combine I think the earliest he goes is late 2nd.
              I expect him to put up very good numbers and Coleman is a guy I feel like I'd regret putting too low when he puts it together in the league.

              Originally posted by Daniel View Post
              I think you have Aaron Lynch 4 or 5 rounds early there.
              Ha I figured Lynch would draw the biggest criticism in this mock especially when I gave him to your Titans. I don't see anything not to like about Aaron Lynch, real good strength, big time athleticism, legit pass rush moves, ability in any scheme with frame to put on weight play DE. I don't see how he's not a top 15 prospect.
              My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

              My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NMD View Post
                Ha I figured Lynch would draw the biggest criticism in this mock especially when I gave him to your Titans. I don't see anything not to like about Aaron Lynch, real good strength, big time athleticism, legit pass rush moves, ability in any scheme with frame to put on weight play DE. I don't see how he's not a top 15 prospect.
                Because he's accomplished absolutely nothing on the field?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                  Because he's accomplished absolutely nothing on the field?
                  A year removed from the field at a new position and 40 lbs lighter on a real bad team. Can't argue he had great tape but he flashed every quality you'd want at a premium position. I know I'm not going to convince you he's gonna be a great player but he's a guy I'm going to hang my hat on as a one.
                  My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                  My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by NMD View Post
                    A year removed from the field at a new position and 40 lbs lighter on a real bad team. Can't argue he had great tape but he flashed every quality you'd want at a premium position. I know I'm not going to convince you he's gonna be a great player but he's a guy I'm going to hang my hat on as a one.
                    Again, everything except, ya know....playing that position in any way that could be described as a success.
                    It's one thing to underacheive, it's another thing to do accomplish nothing after you sat out a year. That doesn't scream success story.
                    There's a 0% chance of him going in the first round. Not 0.00000000001%, but 0%.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      Again, everything except, ya know....playing that position in any way that could be described as a success.
                      It's one thing to underacheive, it's another thing to do accomplish nothing after you sat out a year. That doesn't scream success story.
                      There's a 0% chance of him going in the first round. Not 0.00000000001%, but 0%.
                      What's your over under for draft position you'd be confident for a sig bet or something?

                      I think you are being way too harsh. It's not like he had 0 production, he didn't have good production but he had 5 sacks and he was putting pressure on the QB. Look at the MSU game he had about 5 legit QB hurries on actual pass rush moves, swims, bend around the edge, bull rush and very good closing speed not just 1 trick pony speed wins like a Michael Sam. He's not a liability in the run game, he dropped like 40 lbs (which he's been rumored to be bulking back up near) yeah he's not the stout DE he was and got pancaked on a couple pulls but he still has some legit strength to hold his ground and shed vs BIG 10 OTs. I haven't seen every game he played this season but the ones I have show a better player the stat production suggests.

                      He has shown skills that translate to the next level real well and if he can find the right size to combo his strength and athleticism with the coaching to become consistent with his skills I think he'll be a real good player in the league. If you are right and he never shows anything as a player in the league then that will show me what I'm missing in my player evaluation but for now I trust my eyes and they're telling me Aaron Lynch is going to be a real good player in the league.
                      My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                      My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by NMD View Post
                        I expect him to put up very good numbers and Coleman is a guy I feel like I'd regret putting too low when he puts it together in the league.
                        I'm not sure why this matters in your mocks, but I'll follow along.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by NMD View Post
                          What's your over under for draft position you'd be confident for a sig bet or something?
                          He won't go in the first two rounds. If I'm right, you admit in this thread that you were wrong. I'm wrong, you can have my sig until the start of the regular season.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by JLash View Post
                            I'm not sure why this matters in your mocks, but I'll follow along.
                            Because I believe he's going to be a very good WR in the league and I have him in that range on my big board and as of now my projections are what my mock is based on.

                            Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                            He won't go in the first two rounds. If I'm right, you admit in this thread that you were wrong. I'm wrong, you can have my sig until the start of the regular season.
                            Alright deal, I don't need your whole sig just an Aaron Lynch quote in there of you being wrong on his draft stock.
                            My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                            My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by NMD View Post
                              Alright deal, I don't need your whole sig just an Aaron Lynch quote in there of you being wrong on his draft stock.
                              Whatever you want on there.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                RB Rankings - Only who I've evaluated

                                1. Lache Seastrunk - Late 1st Rd
                                2. Jeremy Hill - 2nd Rd
                                3. Bishop Sankey - 2nd Rd
                                4. Charles Sims - 2nd/3rd Rd
                                5. Kadeem Carey - Early 3rd Rd
                                6. DeAnthony Thomas - Late 3rd Rd
                                7. Carlos Hyde - 4th Rd
                                8. Tre Mason - 4th Rd
                                9. Terrance West - 4th Rd
                                10. Andre Williams - 5th Rd
                                11. Marion Grice - 7th Rd/UDFA
                                12. James White - 7th Rd/UDFA
                                My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                                My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X