Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c.sarma@bioqual.com
    replied
    Talking about drafting and all, I would like to know if Walter or anyone has a 2-QB Top 100 or 150 ranking with PPR? I can't tell if the one posted is PPR or not.

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    2014 NFL Draft 1st Round Results Talk
    1. HOU – Jadeveon Clowney ROLB – A pick the Texans had to make as the best player in the draft. I expect the Texans to use him as Tamba Hali was as a 90+% pass rusher who terrorizes the QB, plays the run well and not a liability when he is asked to drop a couple times a game. Should start out real well and be a DROY candidate. I expect him to have a long very successful and possible HOF career and justify the #1 pick. *My Rank #1
    2. STL – Greg Robinson OT – The right pick here. Scary OL prospect for any D-Line he faces. Should start at RT or LG until he proves to be better than Jake Long as a protector which he probably isn’t ready to do at a great level. Expect his athleticism and power to make an impact right away vs NFL competition. May struggle a bit early in pass pro but his should be real good in the run game right away. The one player besides Clowney where I don’t mind throwing out a possible HOF career with his elite physical nature to compare to the Jones/Pace/Ogden at LT or a dominant OG like Larry Allen. *My Ranking #4
    3. JAC – Blake Bortles QB – I don’t like the value of Bortles at #3 with Bridgewater and Manziel better QBs to me, though if you think a QB is the guy I won’t criticize too much for taking him anywhere. I really hope he doesn’t play before the last few games of the season with low expectations to win games. I would have taken Bridgewater or Sammy Watkins since they obviously weren’t confident in Teddy. If he pans out this will be a great pick but I think it’s a 50/50 prop and not a good gamble on the 3rd pick . *My Rank #25
    4. BUF – Sammy Watkins WR – Love the player and the value is good at 4, the right pick. Not crazy about the value of the trade giving up next year’s #1 when I think EJ will keep them as a bottom 10 team in the league. Sammy gives the Bills a true #1 WR to lead a good group of young guys with Stevie likely on his way out. He’s ready to produce as much as Manuel can get to him and should have a long career as a top 10 WR in the league. *My Rank #3
    5. OAK – Khalil Mack SLB – I would have taken Mike Evans here for OAK. Mack is a real good LB and a real good pass rusher though he’s no Von Miller in explosiveness or the awesome bend around the edge and I don’t think he’s in that top tier of pass rushers. Really preferred him in a 3-4 where he could disguise his rush more and come at any time then playing LB then being a 3rd down hand in the dirt guy. Good value in the pick but could have been better. *My Rank #8
    6. ATL – Jake Matthews OT – Perfect match of need and rank for Matthews #6 to ATL. Ready to start off the bat left or right side and be solid. Should be at LT by year 2 solid in pass pro, could struggle with the top DEs and better run blocking. I don’t think he’ll ever be in the elite category but a long time quality starter. *My Rank #6
    7. TB – Mike Evans WR – Good value and fit and going to play across from the guy he should emulate the most. Should contribute early as the #2 WR as a big play threat and if he adjusts well could become one of the most dangerous WR threats in the league in his first few years. Expect him to be real good and hope he gets the right QB long term. *My Rank #5
    8. CLE – Justin Gilbert CB – Real wary of this pick, if they’re expecting him to start across from Haden off the bat he could be picked on by good QBs and crisp route runners. Has the upside to justify this pick hopefully put him in a lot of man and teach him to press. Is an INT maker and pretty unbeatable on the fly route with his speed and length. I expect struggles early but should become a solid starter with the possible upside of being a top tier player. Don’t really understand why CLE gave up a 5th to move up 1 spot when it’s doubtful MIN coveted him enough to give him up for a 5th. *My Rank #38
    9. MIN – Anthony Barr OLB – Don’t like the value this high for Barr. I don’t think he’s ever going to be a big time pass rusher especially in a Von Miller role. I could see him becoming a Julian Peterson type OLB with a very nice diversified skill set to blitz some, get stronger to play the run but great range vs the run and pass. Would have preferred him in a 3-4 across from a premier pass rusher. *My Rank #22
    10. DET – Eric Ebron TE – Love the player, the value and the fit. A dynamic threat down the seam who fits great with Calvin, Golden, and Reggie Bush in passing situations. May have some drops but overall good hands and has the ability to make the spectacular catch. Should develop into an adequate blocker. Potential to be a top 5 receiving TE in the league. *My Rank #10
    11. TEN – Taylor Lewan OT – Premium position with a succession plan so don’t mind the slight reach from my rankings. Really like that there’s a LT set and play the right side to minimize early struggles until he’s good and ready to move over. I think he’ll develop into a good LT or could be an upper echelon RT. *My Rank #18
    12. NYG – Odell Beckham Jr WR – Fine with the pick and the value here with Ebron and Lewan just going off the board, the only other option was Aaron Donald. Expect him to be the Giants #1 WR by year two and in a great situation with Cruz and Randle out there with him. Awesome weapon to help Eli get back on track. *My Rank #14
    13. STL – Aaron Donald DT – The Rams strike gold again with a good value but an even better fit for their defense putting Donald with Quinn, Long and Brockers to form probably the best D-Line in the league. He’s in perfect position for success and I expect it early and for a long time. *My Rank #12
    14. CHI – Kyle Fuller CB – My 5th rated CB, so I don’t really like the value but he’s ready to play right away and be an effective starter. He’ll be great in run support and effective in coverage. I see him as a long time starter but I don’t think he’ll be a high end (top 20) CB in the league. *My Rank #41
    15. PIT – Ryan Shazier ILB – I really preferred Shazier at WLB in the 4-3 though if given a similar role in the 3-4 where he isn’t taking on Lineman often he should be fine. I still think he got over drafted based on his elite athleticism. Don’t love the player or the value but should be a fine player with a lot of upside to justify the pick. *My Rank #32
    16. DAL – Zack Martin OG – Best Guard prospect in the draft so I don’t mind DAL taking him a little early as he would not slipped much further. Should slide right in at OG as a solid starter with the ability to play OT if there are injuries. Solid stable pick with not a lot of upside but that’s probably good for the Cowboys. *My Rank #31
    17. BAL – CJ Mosley ILB – Like the value of the player but the fit surprised me with Arthur Brown and Daryl Smith as a really good recently invested combo at the same position. I guess CJ Mosley vaults to the top of the depth chart and should be a very effective 3 down ILB who I think is a better player than Shazier and a good use of BPA. *My Rank #11
    18. NYJ – Calvin Pryor S – I don’t like taking Pryor over HaHa but if Rex wanted a guy to bring the big hits and intimidation to the table on the back end I don’t mind him going higher than I ranked him. Should be a real solid player who hopefully starts at SS with the option to play some FS later. *My Rank #33
    19. MIA – Ju’Wuan James OT – Everybody knew MIA had to go OL in the 1st round so this fills a need. I didn’t fully evaluate James but I did think he was better than Tiny Richardson who I gave a 3rd round grade and closer to Morgan Moses who a gave an early 2nd. Thought he looked like a RT only and never looked like a 1st round pick, he probably went a round early but the Dolphins had to pick a Lineman who could come in and start and James is that. *My Rank #Not Evaluated
    20. NO – Brandin Cooks WR – Perfect fit and weapon for Drew Brees, so I actually like the trade up to take him higher than I ranked him for the Saints with PHI and KC coming up. Wouldn’t be surprised if he leads the Saints WRs in catches in yards his rookie year. Brings some of the element lost with Sproles gone and probably does it better at this point. *My Rank #27
    21. GB – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix FS – Great value for the player and filling a huge position of need, surprised HaHa was available this late. Love his range on the back end and his ability to come up and make the tackle. I think he’s got a good chance to become a Pro Bowl caliber guy who can come in right away and protect the back end for the Packers. *My Rank #9
    22. CLE – Johnny Manziel QB – Really like the value they were able to get him at. I really hope he gets some time to sit and doesn’t have to try and carry the offense. I like his fit with Shanahan and hope Gordon is available to him. Manziel is the QB the Browns need but Manziel is really going to have to hit huge to turn around the Browns. *My Rank #16
    23. KC – Dee Ford ROLB – Very surprised KC took him here but I’m assuming he’ll understudy for a year and Houston will be re-upped and Hali will be let go. Long term this should be a very good fit for Ford where he won’t be the focus or have pressure to produce too much early. His burst and speed rush are a great base to build around in the league. The value is fine for a player at a premier position. *My Rank #30
    24. CIN – Darqueze Dennard CB – Good pick and solid value for a team with no big holes, Dennard provides what they wanted in Dre Kirkpatrick. Should start right away and be a long term starter at CB for the Bengals with all the old guys they have back there. *My Rank #28
    25. SD – Jason Verrett CB – Love the pick and value for a team who really needs someone to step in and start right away. The most natural CB in this class, great transitions, with the burst to close and good top end speed, the only knock is height. I think he can be an Antoine Winfield type playing inside in nickel and on the outside and reminds me of a mini Desmond Trufant. *My Rank #24
    26. PHI – Marcus Smith ROLB – I actually like Smith a lot and though he was a slight reach he was the best 3-4 pass rusher available so I like the pick. If PHI was really interested in Dion Jordan, Smith is a nice backup option, though not as fluid in space he has the upside as a pass rusher and will probably be better there. With the depth at WR and most of the top DB’s off the board I like PHI going for a premier position. *My Rank #45
    27. ARI – Deone Bucannon S – Good fit next to Tyrann Mathieu and not that surprised he went a round earlier than I ranked him, I like won’t knock the pick. Has the ability to provide both SS and FS responsibilities playing in the box or on the back end. Bucannon is a slightly less talented version of Eric Reid to me and should be an immediate starter. Like the combo of Bucannon, Jefferson and Mathieu to play in the slot in 3 safety sets. *My Rank #63
    28. CAR – Kelvin Benjamin WR – Hate the match of Benjamin to Carolina. I wouldn’t mind this pick for a team with a couple of good WRs and keep Benjamin as a 3rd or preferably 4th or 5th option as a rookie to come in redzone situations. The Panthers and their fans are going to be counting on this guy to produce early and often and I really don’t expect that to turn out well. Hopefully he can still develop well after struggling early and be worth the pick here but I’m worried the Panthers will break him. *My Rank #40
    29. NE – Dominique Easley DT – I have to assume this is going to be a perfect fit for Easley and Belicheck will put him in position to be a terror. If he holds up physically I expect to look back on this pick as one of the best in the draft and he’s just what the Patriots need. *My Rank #34
    30. SF – Jimmie Ward FS/NB – Pretty great fit for the 49ers for a guy who can come in right away and play the slot CB spot and can back up and be the heir apparent to Bethea to combo with Reid as a real good duo of Safeties. His man cover skills will shine early and his smarts and range will show whenever he starts playing on the back end. *My Rank #44
    31. DEN – Bradley Roby CB – Love the value as my top rated CB in the draft. Really think he has the skill set to be one of the best CBs in the league. I don’t think his lows were as bad as people made them out to be and a few bad plays got blown away. He struggles when he looks into the back field and takes his focus off of the WR but I believe that can be coached up. I think he’ll turn into one of the best man to man cover guys in the league. *My Rank #15
    32. MIN – Teddy Bridgewater QB – Probably the best pick in the draft getting a franchise QB at #32. I think Teddy could step in day 1 and lead that franchise but should get the luxury of earning that position without the pressure to start right away. I hope Peterson lasts long enough for Teddy and Cordarelle to put it all together and turn that offense into one of the best in the league. *My Rank #2

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    NMD’s Final 2014 Big Board
    Everybody not listed has not been evaluated

Tier 1 – Elite Prospect
    1. Jadeveon Clowney DE – A once in a decade talent at a premium position as a pure pass rusher with speed and strength. Fits any defense and if think he doesn’t you adjust your defense to make sure you’re getting that pass rush out of him. His perceived character knocks don’t really concern me and the only way I pass on him #1 is Bridgewater completely convinces me in interviews that he has everything it takes to be my #1 guy.
    Tier 2 – Top 5 any year Prospects
    2. Teddy Bridgewater QB – Love how he plays the QB position, pocket movement, going through reads, fine athleticism, plenty of arm, willingness to stand in and take a hit and most importantly top notch accuracy all over the field. Since Eli came out in 04 I’d only take him Luck, Stafford, and Griffin over Bridgewater. I don’t care if he 2 inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter then you’d like, there is no mold a QB has to fit physically any more. Not a runner who’s going to expose himself to punishment and all players carry some injury risk, it’s football.
    3. Sammy Watkins WR – Top 5 Prospect almost any year. Great athlete with speed and quicks and the aggressiveness to put his pads down and power his way for a few extra yards. Great hands, a pure hands catcher who always snatches the ball away from his body with strength to hold on with contact. Legit WR skills as a route runner can be effective all over the field in any role. Julio Jones meets Torrey Smith in his skill set, top 5 WR prospect of the last 8 years.
    4. Greg Robinson OT – I usually only love a LT if they show an elite ability in pass pro with a real quick kick step and strong base which he hasn’t real proven he can do consistently at a high level because of limited time at LT and a scheme that requires very little conventional pass pro. But he is the ideal physical specimen for the position with the size, length and athletic ability to move that I can’t shake out of my head that he’s the only guy I’ve seen that looks like he has a chance to legitimately turn into the next Jones/Pace/Ogden and at worst he should be a better OG as a combination of Warmack and Cooper from last year which justifies to me a top 4 grade in this class and could easily be the #2 overall pick.
    Tier 3 – All Pro Potential
    5. Mike Evans WR – Ideal size with matching length for a great catching radius and real strong hands are his biggest asset which is winning contested catches especially the jump ball. Not great speed or quickness but good enough and does create the separation he needs to be effective. I consider him a Vincent Jackson clone with even more upside who will be a big time red zone threat with star power in the league.
    Tier 4 – Perennial Pro Bowl Caliber
    6. Jake Matthews OT – Solid OT prospect who should be fine on the left side though I don’t think he’s a great pass protector with only a decent kick step and don’t think he’ll be at a top tier at LT. Really good feet and fine strength to be a plus in both phases though I think he’ll be a better run blocker and that’s where he may be at a top level. Very high floor and should start day 1 and for the next 10 years weather on the left or right side.
    7. Marqise Lee WR – Moved him down a tier after he didn’t test quite at the level I expected though I still love his game and have him higher than almost everybody. Still has real good field speed with great quickness and burst to be a playmaker. He has his drops and body catches too often shows plenty of ability to snatch the ball and makes some great catches look easy and I think he can cut the drops down and be a real reliable WR. Going to get open with great feet off the release and top of the route and toe taps the sideline like a pro. Love the fiery attitude he brings to the game and think he’s a taller Steve Smith.
    8. Khalil Mack ROLB – Truly skilled multi-faceted LB. A real good pass rusher showing burst, dip, bend, quick feet, and strong violent hands to power rush too. Real good vs the run and fine in space in coverage or finding the ball carrier. Should be a real good 4-3 SAM but his value lies in the 3-4 as a primary rusher who can do some of everything effectively and not be stuck as a 1 dimensional threat. To me as a 3-4 OLB I he has top 5-10 value as a SAM or LEO in a 4-3 I’d drop his value some in the 8-15 range.
    9. Ha Ha Clinton Dix FS – I really value his skill set as a rangy FS after watching Earl Thomas for the past 4 years. He doesn’t have the elite speed, burst, and quickness ET does but is at a high level with some real good size to go with it. Really like him vs the run with his speed and bursts into contact. Like him on the back end going side line to side line on the back end in coverage or coming up to make tackles. I really doubt he makes it out of the top 11 picks on draft day with potential to be a top 5 Safety in the league.
    10. Eric Ebron TE – Dynamic receiving threat who could be a top level TE. Shows the ability to make great tough catches though will have the occasional drop. Provides a mismatch who needs to be constantly accounted for by the defense. I see him with plenty of ability to be an adequate blocker not the terrible run blocker some say he is, I think he’s shown better then Eifert did coming out. I think he has a better than Antonio Gates upside and value him as a surefire top 15 pick.
    11. CJ Mosley LB – One of the most solid off the line LB prospects I’ve seen. Mosley and HaHa always jump out above the rest when watching Bama. Plenty of athletic ability and strength to play any 4-3 LB position or inside the 3-4. Very smart LB who identifies and reacts quickly and is always around the ball. Real good in coverage, turns and run well in man and reads routes and reacts to the QB real good in zone. I under rated Keuchley coming out but now I see Mosley pretty close to that level and his only knock is the possible health concerns which I can’t take into account here.
    12. Aaron Donald DT – Obviously highly skilled with feet and hands to go with his athleticism. Elite reaction and burst off the line, consistently the 1st man off the line. Nearly elite hand use, very active and always well positioned. Surprisingly pretty strong, when 1 on 1 has the technique and strength to push back OGs and does a good job shedding to the ball carrier. Of course if he gets doubled and run at he’s going to struggle but most UTs won’t win those. Disrupts a lot of runs by winning off the snap and getting into the backfield. Obviously only really fits the 4-3 at UT but should be an every down guy and real dangerous on the money downs doing what he does best.
    Tier 5 – Great Potential, some bust factor
    13. Rashede Hageman DL – Love his length, strength, and athletic ability, all pretty much ideal for interior DL. Really has to stay low to effectively use his power which isn’t easy at his height and probably the biggest reason for his inconsistency. Real good feet and agility to change direction, wish he had a little more burst after changing direction though off the ball is pretty good. With consistent and better technique he has the potential to be a dominant player. Think his ideal fit is at DE in the 3-4 though won’t knock him much at 3-tech in the 4-3.
    14. Odell Beckham WR – Love everything he brings as a WR. Top tier speed with make you miss agility off the start and at high speed. Real good consistent hands with a great catching radius for his size, can make the wow catch. Gets open with great feet, smooth transitions and knows how to vary his speed to set up the defenders. Could be a #1 WR for a team with a very high floor as a #2 in the league, can’t see him busting. Added value as a dangerous return man, punts and kicks. Compares as a faster more refined Golden Tate to me.
    15. Bradley Roby CB – Athletic ideal for the CB position. Big time top end speed with great burst to close off a very natural click. Not a technical tackler but willing to throw his body around for big hits and is a good last line of defense with that top speed. Most of his struggles seem to come from playing too far off and giving easy stuff and when looking into the backfield as opposed to playing man up. I want him in a man heavy scheme and with his elite physical tools and solid CB skill set I expect him to become an upper echelon #1 CB in the league.
    16. Johnny Manziel QB – Potentially a franchise maker who falls into his own category as a QB. See him similar to Cam coming out in that he makes his team competitive in every game with his play making ability with his arm and legs while the questions sit with his willingness and ability to deliver consistently and accurately from the pocket when necessary and not make the game losing mistakes. He has the arm talent and shown accuracy just needs to keep his body mechanics correct and not go off balance when he doesn’t have to and be a smart decision maker of when not to force a throw and when to or not to run. Manziel is a QB I would feel better betting on then against though not comfortable either way. It would be nice if he could sit for a while but if EJ Manuel is going to start early I feel very confident Johnny is a much better player and will perform decently as a rookie.
    17. Aaron Lynch DE – Love his skill set and potential to be a very good player in the league. One of the few players that has shown a legit combo of swims, rips, bulls, speed around the edge with a real good dip and fine bend coming out of school. Needs to get more consistent reaction and burst off the snap which would make him a premier pass rusher. Still has good strength to take on blocks and shed though when he was bigger at ND it may have been his best attribute. Really want him to play at about 265 lbs as a hand in the dirt 4-3 RE at a nice medium of athleticism and strength. As a 3-4 ROLB in the 250 lb range I’d knock him down a good 10 to 20 spots though I think he still has value there.
    18. Taylor Lewan OT – A good prospect who should be able to play LT long term but should probably start on the right if there is an above average LT in place as I expect him to be up and down as a rookie. Has real good strength and athleticism and a fine kick step. Tends to over reach and bend at the waist sometimes mostly when moving to run block. Better pass blocker then run blocker right now, when he gets in space he can be beaten laterally. I don’t see Lewan becoming a top tier LT in the league but should be suitable long term.
    19. Kony Ealy DE – Real nice swim and some strength to bull rush when he gets low. Impressive athlete, fine burst off the ball, good feet and COD on the rush, and the range to chase and catch the ball. Has the prototypical HWL of a classic 4-3 DE with matching athleticism and has shown the ability to rush from inside in nickel situations. Really like him in the 4-3 in a Michael Bennett role but with a higher athletic upside if he can get there. Could see him in the 3-4 at DE or OLB but will need to change his weight some and would drop him to tier 7 for that scheme. Have to say Shane Ray is the real star of the Mizzou DEs and should become the best NFL prospect of the bunch.
    20. Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE – The clear #2 TE in this class to me, closer to #1 than #3. Has the
    prototypical Y TE body, tall and thick similar to Gronk. Biggest attribute is catching radius and strong hands and will make the spectacular catch. Has enough athleticism to beat man coverage and stretch the seam though needs to get back to 12 form. A decent blocker who got better this year and could become a high level blocker with his strength if he gets the technique down. Doesn’t run great routes yet and needs to give his best effort more are his knocks. I think he has a real chance to put it all together and can be put in a position to be a top tier TE in the league.
    21. Louis Nix NT – Nice quickness off the snap for his size (not a Donald/Easley), not a guy you’re going to reach block back side and can win some one on ones. Pretty quick feet but on the ground a lot, lack of balance? Real good stack and shed 1 on one but not great stoutness and just ok when taking on a double team. Strength is fine but his quickness is what sets him apart from what NTs of his size. Was definitely a better player in 12 than 13 hopefully that was more due to injury and he bounces back to top form in the NFL. A true NT, could be a Raji type in the 3-4 or a Mebane type in the 4-3.
    Tier 6 – Big Time upside, low floor or High floor, low ceiling
    22. Anthony Barr ROLB – Great athlete with an ideal frame for a lighter pass rusher. Can turn and run with anybody, good range to contain on the edge though struggles some to break down and make tackles in space. Has nice strength though doesn’t show much of a bull rush and is just ok stacking the line vs the run. Shows some ability to speed rush but doesn’t have great burst and bend you’d want from a under sized pass rusher who’s not highly skilled (Bruce Irvin), gets a lot clean up sacks after the initial rush when the QB moves or a lineman vacates a lane. I’m not counting on Barr becoming a premier pass rusher though he could develop with a lot of athletic ability to work with. I do see him with some Julian Peterson upside in the 3-4 or 4-3 as a do everything OLB being one of the best athletes on the field.
    23. Donte Moncrief WR – Pretty ideal combo of height, weight, speed, and agility and those traits show much more on the field than similar prospects like J. Matthews, A. Robinson, and C. Latimer. Shows the ability to get open all over the field and really like him getting deep. Nice shiftiness combined with a real nice burst and strength give him some plus YAC ability. Hope he improves his jump ball ability and needs to cut out the concentration drops. Should become a legit #1 WR as a scary playmaker comparing some to Dwayne Bowe with more speed but less ability to win the jump ball.
    24. Jason Verrett CB – The most natural CB in this class with his head and feet. Great tackler who attacks the ball carrier and can get anybody down. Real good speed and sticks on a dime to click and close with real good burst. Has a knack for deflecting the ball at the catch point though may not get a lot of picks. Can play in any scheme outside or in the slot, his only deficiency is height so the giants would probably give him trouble though I really don’t think he’d ever need to leave the field. Definitely love the Antoine Winfield comparison and if he was a couple inches taller he’d be Desmond Trufant.
    25. Blake Bortles QB – Big strong body, physically in between Big Ben and Jake Locker, not as big and strong as Ben or the athlete Locker is but a nice compromise of both. A load to bring down and some shiftiness and speed to take what’s there running the ball. Good arm, can put nice velocity on it and mix up the touch as needed. Good accuracy when he gets his feet set and can deliver on the run too. Release is a tick on the slow side but not bad. Locks on receivers and doesn’t seem to go through many reads. Willing to stand in and deliver while taking a big hit. Can make offset throws but needs to make sure he sets when it’s there as he has some misses he shouldn’t. A guy who shouldn’t start early year 1 but has a legit shot to be a franchise QB, would rank between Tannehill and Locker as a prospect for me.
    26. Brandon Coleman WR – Potential, awesome potential, size and speed to drool over. What makes me like him above Kelvin is his ability to get separation, has a fluidity to his routes. He some agility and burst to make things happen after the catch and a build up speed guy who can really get going in space. Like his intensity run blocking and staying fired up on a terrible offense. His hands are not natural which is his big knock, has a fight with the ball to bring it in which hurts as catching radius should be a big plus on his side. Overall I’m taking the bet he can be more consistent catching the ball and be at least a real weapon as a #2 WR with the potential to be a great #1 if he really puts it all together. He should be given a year as a 4th or 5th option and be eased into a prominent role and if he struggles early he shouldn’t be counted out.
    27. Brandin Cooks WR – The elite burst, speed, and agility he proved at the combine moved him up the board for me coming very close to Tavon Austin as an athlete though I thought he was a notch below on tape. Love his ability to go up for the jump ball which makes up for his height some. Shows plenty good routes and not a limited underneath slot guy, has some Stedman Bailey to him. Not a great hands catcher which is his only knock besides size. Should be a #2 or #3 WR on a team who plays mostly out of the slot but will be dangerous on deep balls and bubble screens as a big play at anytime threat.
    28. Darqueze Dennard CB – Impressive skills, really knows how to play the CB position. Great ball skills, always contesting the ball at the catch point and if he has a legit chance he’s pulling down the INT, especially adept when running with the WR deep on the side line. Great in zone coverage, picks up and passes off and breaks on the ball really well. Great tackler and run support for a CB, not Fuller but better than most. Physicality is his game plays press really well and transitions real well off it. His 2 knocks are his physicality may draw a couple extra penalties and his speed isn’t great but fine. A sure starter who can play in any scheme while excelling most in press.
    29. Lache Seastrunk RB – Burst, agility, and speed are all top notch and puts them all together seamlessly from a stop and at full speed. Has great ability to lean with great balance and just runs away from tacklers. Didn’t catch passes in college but looked natural at the combine. Really lacking in pass protection, needs technique, strength, and effort. His vision has been knocked a lot and I don’t know if it’s something that can be improved at the next level. Closest thing to LeSean McCoy as a runner I have seen and with that upside I value him very highly as a guy who can be a game breaker on any play.
    30. Dee Ford DE/ROLB – When on has a real burst off the line into his best move a speed rush with a nice dip and lean. Has good leg drive, not to bull rush but to keep driving around on contact. Real good effort to chase on extended plays. Not a strong run defender, needs to be protected some if his hand is down but has good range to contain. Has shown the ability to pick up the RB out of the backfield and run with him, think he has the feet and speed to play in space in the 3-4. Best fit is a LEO type DE with run protection, should be fine as 3-4 OLB but shouldn’t be expected to be a hold the point DE. Should have success early as a passing down speed rusher.
    Tier 7 – Borderline 1st/2nd rounders
    31. Zack Martin OL – Versatile guy who at best could play LT though likely a RT and probably best suited to play OG. Does everything well but doesn’t do anything great, a little undersized, not great strength and an average athlete. Real good tech with extension, hand use and placement. Can kick and redirect solidly in pass pro. Real good taking on, passing, and picking up rushers, doesn’t get lost. Really like him in the run game gets low and drives and will ride a guy to the 2nd level and coming off to bury the next guy up. Should be a long time solid starter who can play all along the line and a similar but better prospect then Justin Pugh last year.
    32. Ryan Shazier WLB – Freak athlete LB with ideal speed and burst for a WLB in the 4-3. Doesn’t fit as well anywhere else and I would drop his value a good 20 spots in any other role. Great range, keep bodies off him and let him run. Can run with anybody in coverage and looks aware in zone and with that burst he closes on the ball so well. Has some strength to take on blocks and shed though not a strength. Does do a good job filling run lanes and can blitz gaps.
    33. Calvin Pryor S – Has an enforcer mentality bringing big hits on receivers and ball carriers. Straight line, downhill speed to close quickly but not great COD. Good, strong tackler but likes to bring the big hit. From what I could tell looked fine reacting on the back end and has decent range. See him more as a SS especially early in his career but could be that interchangeable safety people want.
    34. Dominique Easley DT – Elite reaction to the snap and great burst into gaps or into contact. Real violent and active hands, fights and will swat, rip or spin to create space. Doesn’t have the strength to hold up vs power OL but affects the run game by penetrating and disrupting the backfield. May have an even better burst than Donald with just as good hands just doesn’t seem to have the strength of Donald and may be too much of a liability vs the rush to be an every down player early but should shine as a pass rusher.
    35. Cyrus Kouandjio OT – Like him a whole lot better than Flucker and Carpenter, much better and quicker feet. Legit chance to be an LT and should be able to handle RT easily. Shows all the skills you want, solid kick step, pretty quick feet, nice base, real strong though not dominate at anything and will lose at each sometimes. Can get out and move and the run game with good strength too but not a dominant run blocker. A solid OT prospect who should be a fine starter at a minimum with the chance to be more. Hopefully his knees don’t shorten his career too much but as a guy who could start day 1 and should be solid after year 1 a 5 year career is still worth this investment.
    36. Timmy Jernigan DT – Great hands, keeps the blocker off his body and great shed with swims, rips and bats. Average jump and burst but can win on contact. Plays the run well, finds the runner and sheds into the hole. Fine strength, not a bull, not a pushover, can prove some push and won’t get pushed off the LOS too much. Like his effort, chases the play. Could play 1, 3, or 5, should be a solid starter for a long time.
    37. Christian Jones LB – Love his versatility to fit any LB position in any scheme. Showed the ability to pass rush this year to fit OLB while he has the range with burst and speed to contain on the outside or run with and cover TEs. Shows the instincts and smarts to identify the play and where it’s going and the strength to take on blocks and has the burst to the tackle I love in a LB. Probably not an elite LB but a definite starter on every team in any scheme at any LB spot.
    38. Justin Gilbert CB – Right with Roby as the most physically impressive CB but the taller longer guy people want though measured shorter than I expected. When he’s turning and running he’s pretty unbeatable deep with his speed and length. Good ball skills gonna get PBUs and INTs and pretty good tackler. Struggles some changing direction and gives up more of the timing routes like comebacks and outs. Though he played a lot of zone it seems a weakness and gives up a lot of short stuff. Should be put in a scheme where he’s playing up in man or cover 3 not letting people get behind him and hopefully he develops some press. The upside is high with the speed, length and ball skills but not a developed CB.
    39. Jarvis Landry WR – Probably the best hands in the draft from consistency to going into traffic to the spectacular catch. Should be one of the most ready to contribute players in the draft as well. Very savvy slot guy who creates separation consistently with good routes. His play speed is fine and I don’t see his athletic numbers limiting his production. I see him as a Cruz/Baldwin mold primarily out of the slot but not limited to playing underneath, can go down the field and score some big plays.
    40. Kelvin Benjamin WR – Huge frame and has some good deep speed as a long strider in a straight line. Wins the fight for the ball in traffic and at the high point. A hands catcher though still has a bunch of easy drops. Struggles to separate with slow feet and routes but his big frame and catch radius don’t need much. Right now he’s really only a threat on slants, fades, and streaks mostly as a redzone target. Don’t expect him to contribute much early, shouldn’t be relied on as more than a 4th WR his rookie year but if he can learn how to separate and play with full effort he could become a very dangerous weapon and at best a #1 WR in the league.
    41. Kyle Fuller CB – Great tackler who loves to come up and hit in run support. Good ball skills, gets a lot of pass break ups at the catch point. Quick feet and good hips but his close burst could be better. Fine speed though not ideal, timed a little better than I thought he would though measured smaller than I thought he would. Really like him playing up and staying on the hip of the WR through the route, has that natural feel for coverage. Can play off and react well too just don’t like his speed and closing burst that top CBs have.
    42. Morgan Moses OT – A little slow footed but good enough to be a good pass protector if consistent with everything. A mountain at OT with ideal length on a tall, wide body. When he gets his hands on a rusher he’s got great strength making it very hard to disengage. A good run blocker with his strength but again his feet are slightly slow when getting out. I would draft him assuming he plays RT and if he shows good enough to play LT that’s a plus and should be a good starter for his career.
    43. Stephon Tuitt DE/DT – Nice consolation to Hageman almost a round later as a best fit at 5 tech but could play 3 or maybe 1 in a 4-3. Only decent off the ball, Nix clearly has the better reaction and burst. Real strong player who can be a force on the bull rush and plenty of ability to hold position or fight through the block vs the run. Mostly relies on hand swatting though has shown a swim move from time to time. Has some lean on the edge and takes a tight path to the QB which is good and he needs since he’s doesn’t have much speed. Good feet, COD and range for his size but not the athlete Hageman is and doesn’t have a closing burst. I think he’ll become a strong run defender as a 5t with upside to be a good interior pass rusher.
    44. Jimmie Ward FS – True FS prospect with legit man 2 man cover skills in the slot vs WRs or TEs flipping hips and COD like a CB. Very good timing and ball skills to break up passes at the catch point. Pretty good range on the back end decent burst and nice speed. Does a good job tracking the runner out of the backfield and an ok tackler though not very strong while liking to bring the big hit when closing on the ball. Really like him as a back end FS with added value as a slot CB to always have a role in any defense.
    45. Marcus Smith ROLB/LEO – Versatile pass rusher who can fit in the 3-4 as a primary rusher at OLB or in the 4-3 as a wide set pass rushing DE. Real nice burst with borderline great straight line speed for his size but the lack of a great bend to take the best angle prevents him from being a premier pass rushing prospect. Thought he had good strength and a fine athlete but I thought he was 240, at 255 is strength is ok but his movement skills are great really looks like a natural LB in space. Active hands to put up a fight and decent shed, putting on some more weight and strength could become a plus run defender. With his burst, speed, and effort he’s got some real upside as a pass rusher with a solid floor as an all around player.
    46. Scott Chricton DE – A true 4-3 DE which is rare for this class though doesn’t fit a true 3-4 at all. Impressive off the snap with a quick reaction and burst. Pretty strong when he’s attacking and even better with very active hands to fight and not let the OT get set. Fine stoutness for a college DE with a better shed. Very aware of the ball vs the run or a moving QB. A good pass rusher but mostly off his reaction, burst, strength and hand use, but doesn’t have much in the way of dip, bend, swim or spin.
    47. Will Sutton DT – Inconsistent off the line, when he’s on he reacts and bursts through very well, other times he’s the last one off. Now that he cut the bad weight I expect him to be back to his quick and explosive 2012 form. His key vs the run is disrupting the back field and has some strength to hold up as a decent run defender just not good there yet. Real effective swim move setting it up with his position and feet. Needs to work on his consistency and run D tech and strength to be an every down 3T but should have a role early as an effective interior rusher on passing downs. Needs to be a 3T in the 4-3, no home in the 3-4.
    48. Jeremiah Attaochu ROLB – Very good short area burst and quick feet are his best attributes and he uses them well to burst off the line into the tackle and change direction with great efficiency. Real good dip and pretty good lean on the speed rush. Has a nice punch of power but not a stout or power defender. No real bull, swim or spin move yet. Can work in space effectively with great feet and nice range. I really like his fit in the 3-4 as a ROLB to receive this ranking, could fit a 4-3 as an LB or DE but not as well and would value him a tier or two down there.
    Tier 8
    49. Chris Borland MLB – A very smart and instinctual LB, always in the right spot. Fills run lanes, takes on blocks and meets the ball carrier strong stuffing him, plays much stronger then you’d expect. Pretty good range for not being a great athlete. Shows very good awareness in zone and has good burst to the ball. Don’t think he ever really matches up in man coverage which is his one real knock at his size. I’m not worried about his size, short arms, are speed he’s a damn good LB and may be one of the most ready to play and highest floors in the draft.
    50. Zach Mettenberger QB – I know his WRs really made his life easy with their hands and catch radius. The old school prototype for a big bodied, big armed, pocket passer. My favorite of the rocket arm QBs, can hit any route and will change up the touch as needed. Accuracy is good, should get better with consistent placement. Heavy footed but not a statue, can get rolling right and throw on the run. Like what he’s shown in a pro-style offense going through reads. Love his toughness and willingness to stand strong and deliver while taking the hit. I was a huge Mallett fan and Mett is a poor man’s Mallett to me, I think he’s got a pretty good chance to be a franchise QB.
    51. Jeremy Hill RB – Love the way he runs. Not a bowl you over power guy but he gets going with force and some nice quick feet shiftiness to almost never take the head on collision and supreme balance in his legs make him more dangerous and just as hard to bring down as a head down power runner. Has good hands and the strength to be a good pass pro guy but something he needs to work on to be a 3rd down guy. Reminds me some of Shaun Alexander in the way he glides and runs faster than he appears to with some Jamal Lewis quick feet and power while probably being a better athlete than both. I think he’ll be a real good lead back in the league.
    52. Troy Niklas TE – Terrific blocker, was like an extra OT on the end of the line. Does over extend sometimes and doesn’t have perfect tech but great strength and effort and knows what he’s doing. Good hands, makes catches in traffic and a good radius catching balls outside of his frame. Not great speed but can get down the seam and doesn’t create a lot of separation but the big body helps similar to Amaro. A good inline possession TE who should be a good starter in the league.
    53. Lamarcus Joyner DB – Plays really fast thought he time in low 4.4s with his burst and top end speed. Good open field tackler and likes to throw his body around and bring the hit. A good cover guy in the slot, has natural coverage ability with quick feet, nice hips, top end speed and a breaks on the ball well. Should be fine on the back end with good range and good ball awareness at the catch point. Similar to Tyrann Mathieu, though not as natural of a cover guy but a better athlete and a real good football player.
    54. Xavier Sua’ Filo OG – Top notch athlete for the OG position in terms of getting to the 2nd level. Not as good laterally did see him get beat by quick COD or late to the pass on the stunt. Really strong with a head of steam, when he gets moving he’ll bowl over defenders. Just ok in pass pro, base is ok not as strong, and his athleticism doesn’t show as much. Probably will be drafted a lot higher but based on athletic upside.
    55. Shayne Skov ILB – Amazing burst to start and into a tackle and fine straight line speed. Real strong guy and a great tackler. Real good timing and shooting gaps on the blitz but gets a few penalties. Not an agile athlete and COD is a problem for him though in a straight line he’s got some good range. Probably never going to be more than adequate in coverage. Really is a best fit at ILB in a 3-4 playing close to the line though may fit SLB in a 4-3 but drop his value.
    56. Derek Carr QB – Huge arm can really throw the football far and with a lot of velocity. His offense really had him throwing bubbles screens, slants and go routes almost exclusively. Has the arm to throw any route and seems to be a smart QB who should be able to learn to read defenses and go through progressions. Facing pressure, making the right decision and delivering has been his struggle and what will determine his success. Has a chance to be a franchise QB but it’s a big question mark.
    57. Billy Turner OL – I think he can be a real good RT or OG with an outside chance at LT. A big power blocker who can move defenders in the run game. Pretty good athlete who can move, getting to the second level or pulling around. Kick step and lateral agility look good, can get beat but solid. I think he’s a high floor versatile guy who should be a longtime starter.
    58. Joel Bitonio OG/OT – A slightly poorer man’s Zack Martin as a solid guy who has a chance at LT but should probably be a RT or most likely OG. His TE played like the LT often and gave a good look at how JB could be a OG. His kick step and agility are ok, think big time speed rushers will give him a hard time on the outside. Strength is fine, not a bull but won’t get bullied. I really like him moving around, does a great job on the double and moving to the second level and finding the defender and does a real good job picking up stunts and finding the rusher.
    59. Bishop Sankey RB – Real good feet, chops his feet real quick and can take angles you wouldn’t think he could make with a burst and top end speed to be really dangerous. Awesome balance, needs to be taken down, don’t assume he’s going down. Real good hands and should become good enough in pass pro to be the 3rd down guy. Only thing lacking high power though he’s not a small and his speed, explosion, and COD are great.
    60. Kyle Van Noy SLB – A very skilled LB, knows how to use his feet and hands together and shed or slip blocks. Good in space, can drop back and has nice range in the run game with the strength to take on blocks and can break down for the tackle. Has some pass rush ability, fine burst off the ball great lateral movement to dance around a guy and a refined swim move. I think he is a pretty ideal SAM LB in the 4-3 using his strength vs the run game and ability to cover a TE and playing close to the LOS to use his blitz skills. Could play inside a 3-4 or bulk up some and play outside but not a primary pass rusher.
    61. Jordan Matthews WR – Solid, high floor, big body WR who gets open and real good hands. Tested physically much better than I thought he would, plays like a good athlete tested like a pretty great athlete. Think he will be very Eric Decker like, a good #2 possession guy who’s a good athlete gets just enough separation to use his body and catch radius to make plays.
    62. Jace Amaro TE – I have him a lot lower than most. He has good strong hands and makes a lot of catches in traffic but everything is within his frame and don’t see him do well extending his arms or going up to get it which is disappointing for someone that looks like Jimmy Graham body type wise. Good at getting open in zones, running through and settling down. I think a real good cover safety or LB could run with and stick to him more often in man. I think he’ll be ok as a blocker with some development. Love how he runs with power after the catch, never goes down easy. I like a TE with catch radius or an ability to stretch the field and I think Amaro is more of an underneath guy who can rack up catches but not a go to guy.
    63. Deone Bucannon S – A poor man’s Eric Reid to me. Can play on the back end fine with good burst and speed to cover ground. Really excels as a tackler and an enforcer, so I like him a lot as a SS as well. Always seems to identify and take good angles. A real good player who should be a long time starter at either S position.
    64. Shaquil Barrett ROLB – A real good football player and a great fit in the 3-4 as a ROLB with his pass rush ability, strong run defense, and plenty of athleticism to play in space seamlessly when needed. A skilled rusher with good strength, burst, a great shoulder dip and bend to get that great angle to the QB. Not the ideal body type or athlete for a pass rusher but does everything so well it shouldn’t matter, reminds me some of Melvin Ingram. Value drops in a 4-3 though he could play SAM and a pass rusher.
    Tier 9
    65. Martavis Bryant WR – Big play threat and a poor man’s Justin Hunter. Could become a great WR in the league.
    66. Marcus Roberson CB – Solid CB skills, good feet, great hips, click and close, and stays on his man’s hip. Not a physical player, in the run game or vs big strong WRs. Speed is average for the position. Should become a #2 CB on a team.
    67. Davante Adams WR – Love his jump ball ability and has a really nice jump step as an initial avoidance maneuver. A #2 in the league.
    68. Gabe Jackson OG – Real powerful guard with nice skills. Not a great player who probably will struggle vs the better DTs in the game.
    69. Adrian Hubbard OLB – Physically very impressive, big, strong, long body and a real good athlete. Think he can play strong side OLB in either scheme, want him close to the LOS. Some pass rush ability but to a premier guy.
    70. Trent Murphy OLB – Strength is his biggest asset, really holds up well on the strong side and strength to shed. Has legit pass rush moves though not a premier pass rusher with his limited athleticism. Should be a 3-4 SOLB though I’m intrigued with the idea of bulking up and playing 5T.
    71. Bruce Ellington WR – Dynamic and very skilled WR who can be a solid guy while being a playmaking threat.
    72. Charles Sims RB – Very similar to Bishop Sankey. May be the best pass catching RB in the draft and should play there early. Should become a good lead back.
    73. Allen Robinson WR – Real good release and a pretty good route runner. Hands are ok, don’t think he’s going to make a lot of great contested catches. Effort is iffy.
    74. Jared Abbrederis WR – Awesome route runner and under rated athlete who’s seamless in his speed transitions. Can play inside or out and get open. Good hands though not a pure hands catcher. Reminds me of a less shifty and dynamic Randall Cobb with a #3 floor.
    75. DeMarcus Lawrence ROLB -
    76. David Fales QB – Love his accuracy, his willingness to throw all over the field, and go through reads. Gets knocked for his average arm and same frame as Bridgewater, but like Teddy he’s ready to run an offense and be accurate. I know he won’t start early but I think he could and should become a solid starter with worst case scenario of being the best back up in the league.
    77. Brent Urban 5T – Perfect frame for the 5-T in the 3-4 with his height, length and strength. Real good hand placement, arm extension and strength to control and shed blockers. Has good burst and quickness to disrupt from time to time. Gets his arms up to swat. Could be a poor man’s Watt doesn’t have the great strength and athleticism.
    78. Antonio Richardson OT – Monster OT who can man handle guys if he gets positioned and his hands on them. His feet are pretty slow in run and pass so if he makes a mistake he’s going to start over extending and reaching. Really needs to get better to be a good tackle in the league. I had Fluker as a 3rd rounder though a Tiny is a notch below him but maybe they can help cover his deficiencies and let him do what he does well.
    79. David Yankey OG – Real good pulling and a strong run blocker. Feet are just ok and can be beat laterally and just an ok pass blocker.
    80. Kadeem Carey RB
    81. Craig Loston SS
    82. CJ Fiedorowicz TE
    83. Cyril Richardson OG – Elite power and strength and decent feet if he can just stay in shape and be consistent.
    84. Josh Huff WR
    85. Dion Bailey SS
    86. Beshaud Breeland CB
    87. Kevin Pierre-Louis WLB – Speed, range and a smart player. Reminds me of Malcolm Smith.
    88. DeAnthony Thomas RB/WR – Disappointing in his testing numbers. He really needs to be the ultra athlete he looked like to be a weapon in the league with slight stature.
    Tier 10 – 4th Rounders
    Isaiah Crowell RB
    Stanley Jon-Baptiste CB – Like him but needs the right scheme and to learn how to use his hands to press.
    Cody Latimer WR – Timed like a great athlete but looked like an ok athlete. Doesn’t get much separation. Great hands up in the top tier.
    Daniel McCullers NT
    Carlos Hyde RB
    Paul Richardson WR
    Telvin Smith WLB
    Arthur Lynch TE
    Shaq Evans WR
    Aaron Murray QB
    Carl Bradford SLB/ILB
    Tre Mason RB
    Justin Ellis NT – Real good upside, a real good athlete for his size. Needs a year to learn with minimal playing time.
    Keith McGill CB – A turnover maker but not a great cover guy. Needs to be schemed to help on or should not play for a while.
    Terrance West RB
    Tier 11 – 5th Rounders
    Colt Lyerla TE – Love what he brings as a player. If he would have had the same year as the year before he’d be a 1st round pick for me.
    Michael Campanaro WR – Going to rack up catches, the Welker, Edelmen WR of the draft who could vastly out perform his draft spot.
    Avery Patterson FS
    TJ Jones WR
    Jalen Saunders WR
    AJ McCarron QB
    Devin Street WR
    Kevin Norwood WR
    Michael Sam DE
    Louichiez Purifoy DB
    Dontae Johnson CB/S
    Andre Williams RB
    Tier 12 – 6th/7th Rounders
    Tom Savage QB – Accuracy is all over the place. Would want him 3rd string for at least a year or two.
    Tajh Boyd QB
    Robert Herron WR
    Quincy Enunwa WR
    Matt Hazel WR
    Logan Thomas QB
    Ahmad Dixon SS
    Chris Smith DE
    Josh Stewart WR
    Cody Hoffman WR
    Tier 13 – UDFA
    Mike Davis WR
    Marion Grice RB
    James White RB
    Eric Ward WR

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    NMD’s Best Guess 2014 Mock Draft 5-7-14

1. HOU – Jadeveon Clowney DE
    2. STL – Greg Robinson OT
    3. JAC – Sammy Watkins WR
    4. CLE – Johnny Manziel QB
    5. OAK – Mike Evans WR
    6. ATL – Jake Matthews OT
    7. TB – Khalil Mack OLB
    8. MIN – Blake Bortles QB
    9. BUF – Eric Ebron TE
    10. DET – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix FS
    11. TEN – Teddy Bridgewater QB
    12. NYG – Taylor Lewan OT
    13. STL – Aaron Donald DT
    14. CHI – RaShede Hageman DT
    15. PIT – Justin Gilbert CB
    16. DAL – Kony Ealy DE
    17. BAL – Odell Beckham Jr WR
    18. NYJ – Marqise Lee WR
    19. MIA – Zack Martin OT
    20. ARI – Anthony Barr OLB
    21. GB – CJ Mosley ILB
    22. PHI – Calvin Pryor S
    23. KC – Brandin Cooks WR
    24. CIN – Bradley Roby CB
    25. SD – Darqueze Dennard CB
    26. CLE – Kyle Fuller CB
    27. NO – Dee Ford OLB
    28. CAR – Morgan Moses OT
    29. NE – Derek Carr QB – Trade
    30. SF – Jason Verrett CB
    31. DEN – JaWuan James RT
    32. SEA – Marcus Smith LEO

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    Originally posted by JLash View Post
    I'm a Rutgers guy, I love Brandon Coleman.
    Interesting, where would you value drafting him?

Leave a comment:

• JLash
    replied
    Originally posted by NMD View Post
    I haven't seen anything on Jeff Janis besides the senior bowl and combine though those physical numbers are very impressive and hopefully draft breakdown gets some stuff on him so I can take a look at him in games. I know everyone is way down on Brandon Coleman and I don't expect him to be a 1st rounder but if any WR in this draft has potential to be elite it's him. I like Cooks but not as much as Lee and Beckham in the same role while Moncrief and Coleman have big time #1 potential.
    I'm a Rutgers guy, I love Brandon Coleman.

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mel Kiper Jr View Post
    Brandin Cooks is at least the 5th best WR in this class such an explosive guy. Coleman is way overrated here. Jeff Janis is a late round guy I like that isn't listed.
    I haven't seen anything on Jeff Janis besides the senior bowl and combine though those physical numbers are very impressive and hopefully draft breakdown gets some stuff on him so I can take a look at him in games. I know everyone is way down on Brandon Coleman and I don't expect him to be a 1st rounder but if any WR in this draft has potential to be elite it's him. I like Cooks but not as much as Lee and Beckham in the same role while Moncrief and Coleman have big time #1 potential.

Leave a comment:

• Mel Kiper Jr
    replied
    Brandin Cooks is at least the 5th best WR in this class such an explosive guy. Coleman is way overrated here. Jeff Janis is a late round guy I like that isn't listed.

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    WR Rankings 3-23-14
    Only guys who’ve been evaluated

1. Sammy Watkins – Top 5 Prospect: Great athlete with great hands and WR skills. Julio Jones meets Torrey Smith, top 5 WR prospect of the last 8 years.
    2. Mike Evans – Top 10 Prospect: Great size, hands, and ability to win contested catches should be a step slower Vincent Jackson clone in the league.
    3. Marqise Lee – Top 10 Prospect: A 6 ft tall Steve Smith to me, very smooth all around. Should clean up his drops with more concentration.
    4. Odell Beckham Jr – Mid 1st Rd: A faster Golden Tate with already more refined WR skills.
    5. Donte Moncrief – Mid/Late 1st Rd: The size athleticism combo is near ideal. More consistent hands and developing a better jump ball could make him a dominant WR.
    6. Brandon Coleman – Late 1st Rd: Ideal size with big time potential I really think he can hit. Doesn’t have natural hands which is my biggest pause. Give him the nod over Kelvin because I think he’ll be able to get separation and be big play dangerous after the catch.
    7. Brandin Cooks – 1/2nd Rd: An awesome combo of Tavon Austin speed/quicks and Stedman Bailey refined route running and hands. Not limited to the slot, love his ability to win the jump ball at 5-10. Only worry is size and durability though not a real knock as anyone could be injured.
    8. Kelvin Benjamin – 2nd Rd: Such a huge frame with strong hands, really works on slants and jump balls. Really worry about his ability to separate but if he is able he could dominate.
    9. Jarvis Landry – 2nd Rd: Probably the best hands in the class. Can play inside and out and gets open and catches the ball. This is as far as his measurable will knock him for me.
    10. Jordan Matthews – 2nd Rd: Solid WR with route running ability and fine hands. Don’t think he plays as fast as he times. A high end #2 Eric Decker type to me who can rack up production without the primary focus of the secondary on him.
    11. Davante Adams – Late 2nd Rd: Love his great first step, jump cuts and bursts by the defender. Great on the back shoulder fade. Not sure his ability to separate if he doesn’t win initially. Should be a #2 in the league.
    12. Bruce Ellington – 3rd Rd: Love this guy. Not the elite speed and shiftiness of Cooks at the same size but a real good athlete with all the WR skills you could ask for. A play style similar to Landry with his consistency, toughness, and big time catches.
    13. Martavis Bryant – 3rd Rd: Justin Hunter upside but not a smooth WR at this point. His feet look somewhat sloppy and doesn’t get much separation even with his great speed. Not great hands but pulls in some spectacular catches. Has some bust factor but big time upside.
    14. Allen Robinson – 3rd Rd: Long strider who’s good running the crossers. I think he’s generally over rated as not explosive, not really a pure hands catcher and not one to win a lot of 50/50 balls. Should be a decent #2 in the league but not a high upside guy to me.
    15. Jared Abbrederis – 3rd Rd: Ability to start and stop seamlessly with speed is impressive and stands out in his ability to get open. Good athlete with speed has #2 upside with #3 floor who can play inside and out.
    16. Josh Huff – 3/4th Rd: Good speed and acceleration with some shiftiness to be a big play threat. Really good at working zones and can play inside and out. Reminds me some of Nate Burleson with #2 potential and a high floor.
    17. Paul Richardson – 4th Rd: Over-rated to me as a WR prospect, everything just seems ok to me except that big time speed which gives him this grade being meh everywhere else.
    18. Shaq Evans – 4th Rd: Explosive 1st step wins for him. Good routes good hands. A good early day 3 option for a team who can’t nab Davante Adams.
    19. Michael Campanaro – 4/5th Rd: 100 catch type slot WR with great hands, great burst and fine speed. Maybe should go higher but not elite speed and agility that get drafted high.
    20. TJ Jones – 5th Rd: Love his snatching hands with a real good catch radius can win contested and gets separation. A good later round option for the Landry mold.
    21. Jalen Saunders –5th Rd: Ridiculous agility with real good burst and speed but so small, could become a game breaker.
    22. Devin Street – 5th Rd: Plus ability to win the contested catch, can get up with a good radius. Doesn’t look like a great athlete but impressive measurables, can play inside and out. Some Colston to his game.
    23. Cody Latimer – 5/6th Rd: Real solid all around WR with real smooth hands similar to Norwood with slightly higher upside giving him a slightly higher grade.
    24. Kevin Norwood – 5/6th Rd: Jason Avant type, not a lot of production but solid in every aspect with high floor of plus hand, routes, and measurables.
    25. Robert Herron – 5/6th Rd: Speed mostly slot guy with first step burst but not real agility. Big play ability with speed and solid hands though not a great catching radius.
    26. Quincy Enunwa – 6th Rd: Body catcher doesn’t drop much but won’t win the 50/50 balls often. Like him over the middle but has deep speed but not the hands you want deep.
    27. Matt Hazel – 6th Rd: Solid guy, good routes, hand and athleticism. Step up in comp question with limited upside but should stick.
    28. Josh Stewart – 6/7th Rd: Pure slot guy who can make big plays with speed and quickness, not a pure precision possession guy.
    29. Cody Hoffman – 6/7th Rd: Lacks ability to separate but big frame gives him a target, solid hands but doesn’t win 50/50 balls as much as you’d like.
    30. Eric Ward – UDFA: Nothing sticks out about his game, needs to fight for a roster spot as an undrafted guy.

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    I've heard this multiple times over the last few days and it's bugging me some how it keeps escalating that none of the 2013 class of OTs Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, and Lane Johnson would be top 10 picks this year all the way to none of them would be 1st round picks this year. I disagree and think people are getting caught in the moment and numbers.

As prospects I have them ranked:
    1. Greg Robinson - Physically elite with everything from strength, feet, and nasty. Hasn't had much opportunity to show a lot of pass pro with a real kick step the #1 thing I look for in a LT but with the feet he shows in space I think he'll get the skills and since I've started studying the draft Robinson is the one guy who looks like he really has a chance become the next Jones, Pace, Odgen type of LT in the league.
    2. Luke Joeckel - Elite kick step and I think I remember 1 instance of him giving up a sack on a speed rush. Really good recovery step to the inside and the one weakness that flashed on occasion was skating on a real good speed to bull rush. Not the strongest run blocker but not in any way weak there. A very good LT prospect with a real high floor.
    3. Eric Fisher - Physically impressive with a nice combo of size, strength, and feet making him real solid in pass pro and in the run game. I don't see a great LT but a good 10 year starter who won't need replacing till he hangs up the cleats.
    4. Jake Matthews - Real solid all around LT prospect with real good technique who is a notch below Fisher based on not being as physically ideal. Like him getting out into the run game with real good feet. Not a real high ceiling but should have a long career starting at LT.
    5. Taylor Lewan - Physically ideal right there with Fisher. I like him but I'm not completely sure he's going to be a real good LT in the league and may have to settle on being a real good RT in the league. Like how nasty he is and his strength but gets a little out of control sometimes over extending and reaching losing his balance. Showed real well athletically and better then I expected at the combine. I think he is a good LT in the league but there's a chance he has to play RT and think he has top 15 value.
    6.Lane Johnson - This is a guy I wasn't very high on. Real good athlete that showed in the run game but not so much laterally in pass pro. Real good upside with skills to build on but not real confident he'll reach it and may have to just be a RT or OG in the league which still has plenty of value late in the 1st round.

It is kind of funny how the prospects from these two classes compare to each other physically.Fisher/Lewan, Joeckel/Matthews, Johnson/Robinson, Justin Pugh/Zach Martinand even DJ Fluker/Tiny Richardson though I gave both 3rd round grades with such slow feet. Overall I think the OT classes are very similar and the only reason I'd give 2014 the slightest edge is because Greg Robinson has a real chance to become a truly great LT in the league.

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    Pre Combine Big Board
    Anybody not listed has not been evaluated

Tier 1 – Elite Prospect
    1. Jadeveon Clowney DE
    Tier 2 – Top 5 any year Prospects
    2. Teddy Bridgewater QB
    3. Sammy Watkins WR
    Tier 3 – All Pro Potential
    4. Greg Robinson OT
    5. Marqise Lee WR
    6. Mike Evans WR
    7. Jake Matthews OT
    Tier 4 – Pro Bowl Caliber
    8. Khalil Mack ROLB
    9. Ha Ha Clinton Dix FS
    10. Eric Ebron TE
    11. CJ Mosley LB
    Tier 5 – Great Potential, some bust factor
    12. Aaron Lynch DE/ROLB
    13. Aaron Donald DT
    14. Bradley Roby CB
    15. Kony Ealy DE
    16. Rashede Hageman DT
    Tier 6 – Very Good, high floor
    17. Odell Beckham WR
    18. Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE
    19. Taylor Lewan OT
    20. Louis Nix NT
    Tier 7 – Big Time upside, low floor or High floor, low upside
    21. Johnny Manziel QB
    22. Anthony Barr ROLB
    23. Donte Moncrief WR
    24. Brandon Coleman WR
    25. Jason Verrett CB
    26. Blake Bortles QB
    27. Lache Seastrunk RB
    28. Darqueze Dennard CB
    29. Dee Ford DE/ ROLB
    30. Calvin Pryor S
    31. Kelvin Benjamin WR
    32. Zack Martin OL
    33. Timmy Jernigan DT
    34. Christian Jones OLB
    35. Jarvis Landry WR
    36. Cyrus Kouandjio OT
    37. Justin Gilbert CB
    Tier 8 – 2nd Rounders
    38. Scott Chricton DE
    39. Jimmie Ward FS
    40. Kyle Fuller CB
    41. Stephon Tuitt DE
    42. Troy Niklas TE
    43. Ryan Shazier WLB
    44. Jeremiah Attaochu ROLB
    45. Brandin Cooks WR
    46. Morgan Moses OT
    47. Zach Mettenberger QB
    48. Chris Borland MLB
    49. Lamarcus Joyner DB
    50. Jeremy Hill RB
    51. Shayne Skov ILB
    52. Will Sutton DT
    53. Derek Carr QB
    54. Marcus Smith ROLB
    55. Shaquil Barrett ROLB
    56. Kyle Van Noy SLB
    57. Dominique Easley DT
    58. Xavier Sua’ Filo OG
    59. Bishop Sankey RB
    60. Deone Bucannon S
    61. Jace Amaro TE
    Tier 9 – Borderline 2nd/3rd Rounders
    62. Marcus Roberson CB
    63. Jordan Matthews WR
    64. Davante Adams WR
    65. Gabe Jackson OG
    66. Adrian Hubbard OLB
    67. Trent Murphy OLB
    68. Allen Robinson WR
    Tier 10 – 3rd Rounders
    69. Jared Abbrederis WR
    70. Charles Sims RB
    71. David Fales QB
    72. Antonio Richardson OT
    73. David Yankey OG
    74. Brent Urban 5T
    75. Kadeem Carey RB
    76. CJ Fiedorowicz TE
    77. Cyril Richardson OG
    78. Keith McGill CB
    79. DeAnthony Thomas RB/WR
    80. Josh Huff WR
    81. Dion Bailey SS
    Tier 11 – 4th Rounders
    Carl Bradford SLB/ILB
    Jalen Saunders WR
    Carlos Hyde RB
    Tre Mason RB
    Terrance West
    Paul Richardson WR
    Louichiez Purifoy DB
    Tier 12 – 5th Rounders
    Aaron Murray QB
    AJ McCarron QB
    Andre Williams RB
    Devin Street WR
    Michael Sam DE
    Michael Campanaro WR
    Tier 13 6th Rounders
    Logan Thomas QB
    Tajh Boyd QB
    Ahmad Dixon SS
    Chris Smith DE
    Cody Hoffman WR
    Tier 14 – 7th/UDFA
    Marion Grice RB
    James White RB
    Eric Ward WR

Colt Lyerla – Based on 2012 I would have him neck and neck with ASJ as a top 20 first rounder. Missing a whole year I’d drop him about a round. With his problems I don’t know how much more to drop him so I’m leaving him off the list for now.

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    RB Rankings - Only who I've evaluated

1. Lache Seastrunk - Late 1st Rd
    2. Jeremy Hill - 2nd Rd
    3. Bishop Sankey - 2nd Rd
    4. Charles Sims - 2nd/3rd Rd
    5. Kadeem Carey - Early 3rd Rd
    6. DeAnthony Thomas - Late 3rd Rd
    7. Carlos Hyde - 4th Rd
    8. Tre Mason - 4th Rd
    9. Terrance West - 4th Rd
    10. Andre Williams - 5th Rd
    11. Marion Grice - 7th Rd/UDFA
    12. James White - 7th Rd/UDFA

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    Alright deal, I don't need your whole sig just an Aaron Lynch quote in there of you being wrong on his draft stock.
    Whatever you want on there.

Leave a comment:

• NMD
    replied
    Originally posted by JLash View Post
    I'm not sure why this matters in your mocks, but I'll follow along.
    Because I believe he's going to be a very good WR in the league and I have him in that range on my big board and as of now my projections are what my mock is based on.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    He won't go in the first two rounds. If I'm right, you admit in this thread that you were wrong. I'm wrong, you can have my sig until the start of the regular season.
    Alright deal, I don't need your whole sig just an Aaron Lynch quote in there of you being wrong on his draft stock.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    What's your over under for draft position you'd be confident for a sig bet or something?
    He won't go in the first two rounds. If I'm right, you admit in this thread that you were wrong. I'm wrong, you can have my sig until the start of the regular season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X