X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's NFL Draft Scouting Reports: Tim Tebow and Chris Wells

Tim Tebow - http://walterfootball.com/pro2009ttebow.php

Chris Wells - http://walterfootball.com/pro2009cwells.php

I agree with most of what Matt said about Tebow, but I don't think those negatives are going to affect his draft status, as much as it'll affect him once he gets on the field. His upside is too high IMO.

And I disagree with the player comparison for Tebow. Byron Leftwich was a statue with limited mobility.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

I agree Tebow will probably suffer an extended learning curve but his potential will make him an early first-round pick. If he can learn the nuances of an NFL offense (a big if) he could be a dominant QB in the league.

I actually thought Beanie was okay in pass protection. He certainly isn't an elite blocker but I think he's good enough to succeed in the NFL. I haven't seen the lack of effort that Matt pointed out.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I was looking at matts maualuga report and did you notice he made the exact same comparison as me or me for his. Nice reports especially the tebow one, its hard to anylze a QB

Comment

1. I don't think it's as hard to analyze a QB as everyone else does.
        2. I don't see the upside in Tebow. Mobility is lessened in the NFL...Vince Young isn't the huge running threat everyone makes him out to be.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          2. I don't see the upside in Tebow. Mobility is lessened in the NFL...Vince Young isn't the huge running threat everyone makes him out to be.
          "Muscular build and great bulk ... Solid arm strength ... Very good accuracy on the deep ball ... Great feel for a pass rush and has a great mental clock of when to step out of the pocket" - Matt McGuire

I would say great arm strength not solid but the main upside is his deep ball accuracy and pocket mobility that frankly, is astounding. Everything I quoted you on, though, is frankly upside because it shows that he has incredible physical skills that a lot of NFL coaches will feel they can unleash.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
            "Muscular build and great bulk ... Solid arm strength ... Very good accuracy on the deep ball ... Great feel for a pass rush and has a great mental clock of when to step out of the pocket" - Matt McGuire

I would say great arm strength not solid but the main upside is his deep ball accuracy and pocket mobility that frankly, is astounding. Everything I quoted you on, though, is frankly upside because it shows that he has incredible physical skills that a lot of NFL coaches will feel they can unleash.
            Physical skills don't mean anything though if you don't have the mental skills to go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
              And I disagree with the player comparison for Tebow. Byron Leftwich was a statue with limited mobility.
              What comparison would you have Walter?

From a passing standpoint, Leftwich and Tebow are identical.

It's not going to be perfect and I feel like Tebow at this juncture would have a similar career.

Comment

Physical skills don't mean anything though if you don't have the mental skills to go along with it.
                You said you didn't see his upside. I was just pointing out what his upside is. We are in agreement that you or I could learn an NFL offense faster than he can.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

You said you didn't see his upside. I was just pointing out what his upside is. We are in agreement that you or I could learn an NFL offense faster than he can.
                  I still don't see his upside. His mobility is good, but once you take away the run option it will be more limited in the NFL. A lot of his runs are designed.

His arm is solid, but it isn't better than Cantwell, Boeckman, or Harper (all are simliar, but Boeck and Cantwell's are the best of this bunch).

When you take in how far behind he will be in the NFL, I don't see the upside. I really don't care about upside if he can't learn a West Coast offense or refine his passing. The upside will then never translate to actual games.

Comment

The upside will then never translate to actual games.
                    True... Luckily for Tim Tebow, NFL GMs are dumber than he is so he should still be an early first-rounder. I'm also not completely convinced that after the learning curve he can't be great. It's just a really harsh learning curve.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

True... Luckily for Tim Tebow, NFL GMs are dumber than he is so he should still be an early first-rounder. I'm also not completely convinced that after the learning curve he can't be great. It's just a really harsh learning curve.
                      If he gets it, yeah I think he can be great.

But I also think if Cantwell, Boeckman, Harper, Bradford, etc. "get it" then they will be great too.

Comment

If he gets it, yeah I think he can be great.

But I also think if Cantwell, Boeckman, Harper, Bradford, etc. "get it" then they will be great too.
                        heh well u know how i feel on the Cantwell issue

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Bulldog its getting pathetic. Stop begging people to read your stuff. If they want to read it then they will read it.

It's like Field of Dreams, "If you build it, they will come."

Kinda the WF.com motto.

Comment

Not to mention its spam since it is completely off topic.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

heh well u know how i feel on the Cantwell issue
                              And you know how I feel on the Steve Kragthorpe issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X