Matt McGuire's NFL Draft Scouting Reports: Tim Tebow and Chris Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
    Can you really call him a bust when it's not his fault he's busting and when he's playing well considering the miserable talent around him?
    I think some of the blame does fall on Vince. Not all, but some.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that NFL GM's are going to fall in love with Tebow, even if he will be a bad player. Wasn't this conversation happening a year ago with Colt Brennan?

Now we got members of the forum saying he's a first round fullback/Tight-end. It's gotten out of hand.

Comment

Can you really call him a bust when it's not his fault he's busting and when he's playing well considering the miserable talent around him?
        Y'know, Tom Brady was lighting up the field with below average WR corps before.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
          I don't know why everyone keeps saying that NFL GM's are going to fall in love with Tebow, even if he will be a bad player. Wasn't this conversation happening a year ago with Colt Brennan?
          Yes it was. Scott Wright had him in his first mock draft for 2008 and he had him in his first round for his 2007 mock before he decommitted from the Draft (which was obviously a dumb mistake).

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
            Y'know, Tom Brady was lighting up the field with below average WR corps before.
            If Tom Brady is your standard for quarterbacks than we have 30 or 31 teams who need to find a new QB.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

The Beanie Wells report was spot on. That guy has Hall of Fame POTENTIAL. He stays healthy and starts hitting the holes harder he could have a few 1500 yard NFL Seasons.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

If Tom Brady is your standard for quarterbacks than we have 30 or 31 teams who need to find a new QB.
                No, but I'm simply pointing out that we all though that if VY was an elite QB (Which his draft placement would suggest), he'd be able to shine with the WR's he has to work with. It's not "ZOMG WE CAN'T BLAME VINCE FOR SUCKING AT ALL. IT'S ALL HIS WR'S FAULT."
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Tebow will be a first day pick...as a Quarterback. Im not saying he deserves it but he will be drafted there based on potential. Same as Matt Stafford.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    We'll see Vince Young be a total bust next season with the new coaching staff and having a difficult playbook.

Not fair cuz he has nothing at WR.
                    This year he will...Chris johnson is reported to be playing considerable time at WR and will most likley stay at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                      No, but I'm simply pointing out that we all though that if VY was an elite QB (Which his draft placement would suggest), he'd be able to shine with the WR's he has to work with. It's not "ZOMG WE CAN'T BLAME VINCE FOR SUCKING AT ALL. IT'S ALL HIS WR'S FAULT."
                      If his WRs were all six year olds he would obviously suck. He doesn't have a single receiver who belongs in the NFL so yeah I don't really think it's his fault.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                        This year he will...Chris johnson is reported to be playing considerable time at WR and will most likley stay at WR.
                        link? I've heard he is going to be a joker.

Comment

If his WRs were all six year olds he would obviously suck. He doesn't have a single receiver who belongs in the NFL so yeah I don't really think it's his fault.
                          In all fairness, I think Roydell Williams is an adequate #2 receiver.

Comment

Lavelle Hawkins should be a solid slot option too. Then again I thought Roby was going to be a great pro lol.

Comment

Touche. I probably got a little carried away. I think Roydell is adequate depth though I don't know about a #2 and Hawkins is decent though he'll need some time to develop. I also think Justin Gage is a good #4 or #5 wideout. But when that's all the talent a QB has around him it's hard to blame him for failing.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Touche. I probably got a little carried away. I think Roydell is adequate depth though I don't know about a #2 and Hawkins is decent though he'll need some time to develop. I also think Justin Gage is a good #4 or #5 wideout. But when that's all the talent a QB has around him it's hard to blame him for failing.
                                I agree that it's hard to blame Vince. Though I don't really believe in #4 or #5 receivers. To me it goes #1,#2,#3 and the rest is just basically depth.

Comment

Working...
                                X