X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by thestar View Post
    tom brady, peyton manning, ben roethlisberger, eli manning are 6 5. you know the guys winning championships. not sucking ass when the money is on the line. like romo, or garcia. jeff garcia came to the afc north one year, and just couldnt wait to get out
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Tebow is 6'3. You are talking about 2 inches. You are being way too nitpicky.
    i dont believe so. theres a prototype physical stature for the position. at that position, 2 inches is huge. kind of like two inches somewhere else. makes a BIG difference
    Joe Montana was 6'2.
    John Elway was 6'3.
    Steve Young was 6'2.

Shut the **** up.
    Last edited by NoNonsenseCoach; 06-29-2008, 04:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TRICKaz
    replied
    Yep true that. I thought that with drew Brees success people might realize that, but I guess not

Leave a comment:

• MMONTERO
    replied
    Someone should alert the media that size is now how we draft quarterbacks. Drew Brees will be on the unemployment line by tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    As much as I like to talk about size and how important it is....IT DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIIONSHIPS. The thing that wins championships is youre team working together.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    On the one hand, linemen are bigger now than when they played, even though the latter only retired somewhat recently. It's worth noting that no lineman is in the HoF that played at 300 pounds.

However, yeah. You're being way to damn nitpicky when you say that 6'3" means he's too short to play QB.

Tom Brady is 6'4". David Garrard is 6'2". Tony Romo is 6'2". Brett Favre is 6'2".

You've picked two fights and made yourself look like a total dumbass twice, thestar. Good work!

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    i dont believe so. theres a prototype physical stature for the position. at that position, 2 inches is huge. kind of like two inches somewhere else. makes a BIG difference
    Joe Montana was 6'2.
    John Elway was 6'3.
    Steve Young was 6'2.

Shut the **** up.

Leave a comment:

• thestar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    tom brady, peyton manning, ben roethlisberger, eli manning are 6 5. you know the guys winning championships. not sucking ass when the money is on the line. like romo, or garcia. jeff garcia came to the afc north one year, and just couldnt wait to get out
    Tebow is 6'3. You are talking about 2 inches. You are being way too nitpicky.

Leave a comment:

• thestar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    myths

tebow has nfl armsstrength
    tebow is a great athlete
    tebow will be able to lower his shoulder vs nfl competition and come out ahead
    tebow has nfl upside
    tebow has good size

reality

tebow has a weak arm comparedc to nfl qbs
    tebow has a slow release and telegraphs throwstebow is 9-5 as a college starter, and the supporting cast doesnt suck
    tebow is shorter than protype nfl qbs
    tebow doesnt make nfl throws in the offense
    tebow tucks and runs rather than stand in and make the progression
    tebow is a career clipboard holder
    Tony Romo is like 6'1 and Jeff Garcia is 6'. I guess they aren't prototypes either.

So basically you are saying Tim Tebow has absolutely no talent. Just come out and say it.

Leave a comment:

• thestar
    replied
    myths

tebow has nfl armsstrength
    tebow is a great athlete
    tebow will be able to lower his shoulder vs nfl competition and come out ahead
    tebow has nfl upside
    tebow has good size

reality

tebow has a weak arm comparedc to nfl qbs
    tebow has a slow release and telegraphs throwstebow is 9-5 as a college starter, and the supporting cast doesnt suck
    tebow is shorter than protype nfl qbs
    tebow doesnt make nfl throws in the offense
    tebow tucks and runs rather than stand in and make the progression
    tebow is a career clipboard holder

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    *Rubs Temples* No sense, no sense, no sense at all.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    I agree puppy. Why would anyone take someone at a position they have never shown he could play?
    Walter had Pat White as a round 1-2 prospect as a WR before he lasted updated his WR rankings.

Don't ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    I don't know why everyone keeps saying that NFL GM's are going to fall in love with Tebow, even if he will be a bad player. Wasn't this conversation happening a year ago with Colt Brennan?

Now we got members of the forum saying he's a first round fullback/Tight-end. It's gotten out of hand.
    I agree puppy. Why would anyone take someone at a position they have never shown he could play?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
    That's what a joker is.

But you said WR full time. I've never heard that.

Dumb draft pick. They coulda signed Michael Pittman in the offseason and invested more into WR with Devin Thomas or James Hardy in the first round. Stupid Stupid Stupid pick.

Look, I'd have no problem with it if they didn't draft Chris Henry last year. But you just dont' draft and throw away immediately. Teams that do this aren't very smart or very good and it shows a tremendous incapability in the front office.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X