Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Power Backs

gents, and matt,

who is on your 2009 radars as far as power backs? I am fascinated by bruising runners, and am wondering who i should start studying up on. here is a starter list.

beanie wells, osu
    darrell mack, utah
    kyle bell, colorado state
    fui vakapuna, byu
    frank summers, unlv
    pj hill, wisconsin
    herb donaldson
    andre brown, nc state
    rodney ferguson
    conredge collins, pitt
    arian foster, tenn
    richard dickson, lsu

would guys like brannan southerland or brock bolen be dual-purp FBs? do they run the ball well and with the characteristic mean streak?

if you can't think of anybody new, what do you think about the guys on the list? other than beanie wells, we already know he's pretty much dominant. no need to waste another thread about that.
    Last edited by starqb14; 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM.

knowshon moreno, georgia**
    Reggie Arnold, arkansas st.*
    Patrick Jackson, Louisiana tech
    Devin Moore, Wyoming
    Paul Baker, New Mexico
    Anthony dixon, MSU*
    Antoine Smith, FSU
    keiland williams, LSU*
    Ben Tate, Auburn*

Comment

Bulldog0123: Dont really see Keiland Williams as a power back. Anthony Dixon is a straight beast. I would know, he tore Kentucky a new one.

James Davis anybody? He is a bruiser. And on your list other than Chris Wells, P.J. Hill is obvious but I think Andre Brown is one of the more talented power backs.

Comment

Broderick Green.

He will be better than LenDale White by the time his career is over.

sigpic

------------------------------------------------
        Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Considering how bad LenDale White is doing right now, that's not saying much.

Cheeseburgers and Doritos for everyone!
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
            Considering how bad LenDale White is doing right now, that's not saying much.
            We're talking COLLEGE FOOTBALL, and LenDale did just fine at SC.

sigpic

Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Yeah, I know. But still. If the comparisons to LenDale White still persist when he graduates, teams may shy away from him. The best thing for him is to talk to Tony Gonzalez about becoming a vegetarian, so we can't make fun of his cheeseburger addiction.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                Yeah, I know. But still. If the comparisons to LenDale White still persist when he graduates, teams may shy away from him. The best thing for him is to talk to Tony Gonzalez about becoming a vegetarian, so we can't make fun of his cheeseburger addiction.
                Completely different body-type.

Even when he was on top of the CFB world, LenDale was never a bench press warrior -- didn't do the bodysculpting thing because it was irrelevant (hence the "man boobs" jokes at the combine).

He played the Rose Bowl at 257 and still managed to shred the Longhorn Defense at will (except on that last play).

LenDale's main problem was self-discipline - like Leinart, Jarrett, etc., they were so much better than everyone else that they failed to realize they have to earn it all over again in the NFL.

Broderick Green is pure muscle -- a completely different animal than LenDale.

We are excited to see how he turns out when he gets/remains healthy.

sigpic

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

I'm not saying he WILL be compared to White. I'm saying if he DOES, he's not going in the first two rounds.
                  - Also known as Dan.

Comment

I did and still do like lendale.

Comment

USC's runningbacks are all talk right now. Joe McKnight still has to qualify.

Stafon Johnson is okay, but he hasn't distinguished himself right now.

I don't have much respect for hype. All these great USC runningbacks I've never heard of need to do something before you make an art gallery for them.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

i am looking forward to seeing kyle bell from colorado state. he's 6 2 230 and mean and white. 1300 yards in '05, acl surgery in 2006 (redshirt), 2007 was not fully recovered, but this year he should be a nice force, even though the team isn't very good.

anthony dixon sounds interesting. i've heard of him.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                          Bulldog0123: Anthony Dixon is a straight beast. I would know, he tore Kentucky a new one.
                          He had 3.0 yards/carry in that game. What are you tlaking about?
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

yeah, there is a difference between just being a big running back and running like a big back. moreno may be little-ish (not 6 1 230) but he runs like a power back.

lenwhale runs more like a sloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              USC's runningbacks are all talk right now. Joe McKnight still has to qualify.

Stafon Johnson is okay, but he hasn't distinguished himself right now.

I don't have much respect for hype. All these great USC runningbacks I've never heard of need to do something before you make an art gallery for them.
                              Fair enough.

I posted this in anticipation for BG having a great year -- now that he is fully healthy.

JoeM will qualify.

Stafon has had to split time with many, many other 5 star backs -- IMHO he should be our undisputed #1 RB, with JoeM as the scat, and BG as the goal line hammer.
                              sigpic

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Working...
                              X