Top 50 Draft Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 50 Draft Prospects

Well, I said get ready for Matt and I to hate each other. I have finally finished my big board which took way too long. Anyway I should have a new two round mock up soon based on the big board I've compiled so I would enjoy thoughts, criticisms, or worship.

1. T Michael Oher, Ole Miss
    2. WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
    3. DE/OLB George Selvie, South Florida
    4. RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
    5. WR Percy Harvin, Florida
    6. RB Chris Wells, Ohio State
    7. CB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
    8. DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
    9. LB Rey Maualuga, USC
    10. DE Tyson Jackson, LSU
    11. CB Vontae Davis, Illinois
    12. S Taylor Mays, USC
    13. DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
    14. QB Hunter Cantwell, Louisville
    15. T Ciron Black, LSU
    16. T Andre Smith, Alabama
    17. S Myron Rolle, Florida State
    18. LB Brian Cushing, USC
    19. G Duke Robinson, Oklahoma
    20. QB Tim Tebow, Florida
    21. S William Moore, Missouri
    22. RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson
    23. LB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
    24. CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt
    25. WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri
    26. DT Al Woods, LSU
    27. TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
    28. RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
    29. C Alex Mack, California
    30. T Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma
    31. QB Curtis Painter, Purdue
    32. LB Gerald McRath, Southern Miss.
    33. LB Derry Beckwith, LSU
    34. DT Sen’Derrick Marks, Auburn
    35. WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland
    36. QB Chase Daniel, Missouri
    37. TE Brandon Pettigrew, Oklahoma State
    38. G Herman Johnson, LSU
    39. QB Matt Stafford, Georgia
    40. T Alex Boone, Ohio State
    41. T Max Unger, Oregon
    42. DE Greg Middleton, Indiana
    43. DT Fili Moala, USC
    44. S Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech
    45. WR Derrick Williams, Penn State
    46. QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
    47. DT Vince Oghobaase, Duke
    48. T Adam Ulatoski, Texas
    49. CB Victor Harris, Virginia Tech
    50. RB Keiland Williams, LSU

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Hunter Cantwell at 14 you have to be ****ing kidding me. He hasn't even started 1 year yet. I'd like to hear the logic on this one.

That's the only beef I have with this big board at this time. Well done. I have drawn up a BB yet, but this will be extremely similar to mine.

I expect everyone to be sucking Tebow's dick. I guess I am the only one that has seen Alex Smith play and I have respect for the system QB label.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 06-20-2008, 12:36 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Hunter Cantwell at 14 you have to be ****ing kidding me.
      How much film have you seen of him out of curiosity? He was a great prospect coming out of high school and really hasn't played much yet. You kinda have to judge from his high school film but I fell in love with his arm when I saw it. I really do think he'll blow everyone away this year.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
        How much film have you seen of him out of curiosity? He was a great prospect coming out of high school and really hasn't played much yet. You kinda have to judge from his high school film but I fell in love with his arm when I saw it. I really do think he'll blow everyone away this year.
        Because he hasn't played that much and I haven't seen many weaknesses yet.

I'm not doubting his talent at all Mmontero, but there is something to be said for game experience both in leading a team, how to get through certain situations, and being prepared for the league.

Comment

How? He has no receivers, running backs or offensive line. He's ****ed, even if he was a legit prospect. I'm a Louisville fan, I'm just getting pumped for Kragthorpe to get fired and for Matt Simms to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Because he hasn't played that much and I haven't seen many weaknesses yet.

I'm not doubting his talent at all Mmontero, but there is something to be said for game experience both in leading a team, self-experience and how to get through certain situations, and being prepared for the league.
            I agree but you know the argument I'll make about why I'll still have Cantwell there - his upside.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Laurinaitis at #26? Are you serious? He's half a step behind Maualuga as a prospect, maybe not even that far behind.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah, there are a couple of things that I don't agree with but not to bad. Cantwell at 14 is way to high and Smith at 16 is way to low..Other than that nothing to bad.

Comment

I agree with Laurinatis and Chase Daniels, but no Cullen Harper? What's wrong with Cull-Harp?

Comment

I agree but you know the argument I'll make about why I'll still have Cantwell there - his upside.
                    And that's where I lose respect for many people who evaluate the draft.

Nothing wrong with upside, but you have to prove yourself first.

I'm blogging about this very very soon (gonna be a great read). Needless to say I will be quoting the All-time great Boobie Miles.

I don't want to debate this cuz I want to save it for my blog. I'm not expecting to sway everyone's opinion (or with any of my blogs), but I want you to think differently and see the other side of the spectrum, then decide for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                      Laurinaitis at #26? Are you serious? He's half a step behind Maualuga as a prospect, maybe not even that far behind.
                      First off, Puppy, I'm not ignoring you but I'd rather not get into a Cantwell debate since we've already had a couple. I will only say that I really do think Cantwell will make the players around him better and that I don't think Kragthorpe is as bad as you think. He did a good job at Tulsa.

Blaze, my film-watching of Laurinaitis didn't match the hype at all. He's definitely high energy and makes big plays but his tackling technique is abysmal. I think he really needs to improve that because the way he tackles won't work against a lot of bigger, stronger NFL players.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

James Laurinaitis #26? What the **** is up with that? James is an elite player with elite athleticism, numbers, entangibles, and leadership. He is a Top 15 Prospect easily and could be a Top 10 pick in the draft. That selection was a swing and a miss.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

First off, Puppy, I'm not ignoring you but I'd rather not get into a Cantwell debate since we've already had a couple. I will only say that I really do think Cantwell will make the players around him better and that I don't think Kragthorpe is as bad as you think. He did a good job at Tulsa.

Blaze, my film-watching of Laurinaitis didn't match the hype at all. He's definitely high energy and makes big plays but his tackling technique is abysmal. I think he really needs to improve that because the way he tackles won't work against a lot of bigger, stronger NFL players.
                          That's cool but Tulsa did better this year without him.

You need to visit this site: http://firekragthorpenow.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                            I agree with Laurinatis and Chase Daniels, but no Cullen Harper? What's wrong with Cull-Harp?
                            I feel like Harper just needs to put better touch on some of his passes. I think he benefits from a pair of running backs that strikes fear in the opposition, which opens up his passing lanes quite a bit. A lot of times I see him make a throw that has interception written all over it at the pro level. I think he'll be alright though and I'm not at all convinced that he can't break my top 50 in the future.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Oh, I didn't notice Daniel over Stafford...That is ridiculous. Daniel is 5'11"

Comment

Working...
                              X