Draft Kid Wonder's Top 10 2010 Underclassman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Kid Wonder's Top 10 2010 Underclassman

Here is my top 10 first year available players, or True Sophmore/Redshirt Freshman for this year:

1. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame- There's always a QB premium and he is a good one. Needs to step it up next two years.

2. Joe McKnight, RB, USC- All world athlete with great speed.

3. Everson Griffen, DE, USC- Big DE with superb athleticism. Will be best DL on USC's roster by the end of 2008.

4. Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee- One of the best safety prospects to come along in years.

5. Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina- Look no further than Marvin Austin to find why Kentwan Balmer was a first round pick. High impact player.

6. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois- Big reason why Juice Williams broke out as a sophmore. Lived up to lofty expectations as a freshman.

7. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida- Like Griffen, a big and talented DE that's athletic. Should fill right in for Derrick Harvey and not miss a beat.

8. Gearld McCoy, DT, Oklahoma- Is as good as a pro prospect as fellow Sooner Demarcus Granger. Could prove to be better this year.

9. Noel Divine, RB, WVU- May be undersized but he is lightning quick and that never hurt Maurice Jones-Drew from being a stud in this league.

10. Jake Locker, QB, Washington- This a make or break year for Locker prospect wise but he could prove to be better than fellow collegian Tim Tebow.
    Last edited by DraftKidWonder; 06-22-2008, 08:52 AM. Reason: Replaced DeMarco Murray (redshirt soph) with Eric Berry (true soph)

I like that list actually..I love the granger/mccoy combo in the middle of that D-Line for the Sooners
    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

I love how carlos dunlap is on the list! Great job!

Comment

That's the #1 spot, and you gave it to Jimmy Clausen, who did nothing last year.

Noel Divine is not Maurice Jones Drew.

Comment

Why did someone change my headline? I wanted my name in it. If I didn't I wouldn't have put it in the title.

Comment

DeMarco Murray is a redshirt sophomore.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
            HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
              DeMarco Murray is a redshirt sophomore.
              Dang it you're right. I tried to make sure I didn't have any redshirt's in there. A couple that didn't make my list were Chris Gallipo, ILB, USC; Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida; Derrick Locke, RB, Kentucky; Ronald Johnson, WR, USC... Wait!

Did I forget Eric Berry??? I have to change that. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                That's the #1 spot, and you gave it to Jimmy Clausen, who did nothing last year.

Noel Divine is not Maurice Jones Drew.
                I hate to agree with the Ratbirds fan, but Clausen has done nothing in his CFB career to even justify being on this list -- let alone in the #1 slot.

You can only live off your high school football glory for so long.

sigpic

------------------------------------------------
                Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanSteelerBear View Post
                  You can really see the resemblance. That's remarkable =P

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                  HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

I've said it before, but Rob Gronkowski is going to be a ridiculous weapon for the Arizona offense. 28 catches and 500+ yards as a true freshman. He's already got an NFL frame at 6'6", 260 pounds.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah Gronk is gonna be a force this season.

As for Clausen I took this list to mean Top 10 to Watch, and I think from that standpoint there will be no more important underclassman, because the Irish success will depend on his arm. But if the list actually is the Top 10 Underclassmen in terms of talent or production then no he definitely shouldn't be #1.
                      Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
                      The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
                      THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
                      THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Nope. Kid Wonder meant these are the 10 best True Sophomores/Redshirt Freshmen.

Clausen is in a similar situation as Matt Stafford. All hype, no results. On the other hand, Clausen is a true sophomore next season, and considering he was a true freshman playing in a bunch of big games, he didn't do THAT bad.
                        Last edited by Blazedestin; 06-22-2008, 09:43 PM.
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                          Nope. Kid Wonder meant these are the 10 best True Sophomores/Redshirt Freshmen.

Clausen is in a similar situation as Matt Stafford. All hype, no results. On the other hand, Clausen is a true sophomore next season, and considering he was a true freshman playing in a bunch of big games, he didn't do THAT bad.
                          You're right. I agree Clausen hasn't proved anything yet but this is a projection of how I think he'll play in the next two seasons. Not to mention he was a true freshman QB on a HORRIBLE team. If I'm right, ND has had mad recruiting classes the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                            You're right. I agree Clausen hasn't proved anything yet but this is a projection of how I think he'll play in the next two seasons. Not to mention he was a true freshman QB on a HORRIBLE team. If I'm right, ND has had mad recruiting classes the past two years.
                            Here's the problem. Right now, he completely sucks. I don't care what the squad was, or if he WAS a true freshman or not. He did not have a better 2007 than anyone else on that list. I can name two players on the UArizona squad alone (Gronk and Grigsby) that had more noteworthy 2007 campaigns than Clausen.

Will he probably step it up and be worth a very high pick in the 2010/2011 draft? I'll bet yes. But right now, he's nothing. And since the title is "Top 10 2010 underclassmen", I think that Clausen doesn't fit.

Also, Noel Devine is electric, but he currently weighs 170 lbs. He needs to gain at least 15 pounds to be even considered in the first five rounds.

Jake Locker was another true freshman QB. This kid moved at least as well as Tim Tebow (Which is scary), but he has a very long way to go as a quarterback. The kid looks great as a running back, though.
                            Last edited by Blazedestin; 06-22-2008, 09:57 PM.
                            - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                              Here's the problem. Right now, he completely sucks. I don't care what the squad was, or if he WAS a true freshman or not. He did not have a better 2007 than anyone else on that list. I can name two players on the UArizona squad alone (Gronk and Grigsby) that had more noteworthy 2007 campaigns than Clausen.

Will he probably step it up and be worth a very high pick in the 2010/2011 draft? I'll bet yes. But right now, he's nothing. And since the title is "Top 10 2010 underclassmen", I think that Clausen doesn't fit.

Also, Noel Devine is electric, but he currently weighs 170 lbs. He needs to gain at least 15 pounds to be even considered in the first five rounds.

Jake Locker was another true freshman QB. This kid moved at least as well as Tim Tebow (Which is scary), but he has a very long way to go as a quarterback. The kid looks great as a running back, though.
                              I'm not going to be completely ignorant and dismiss his physical abilities along with his shear talent to play the QB position. Poises Pocket QB's take a little more time to make an impact than a Jake Locker, Tim Tebow, Dan Levour type QB. Not saying you're ignorant to his talents though.

Comment

Working...
                              X