Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals.com 2009 Mock Draft

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=802821

Whoever made this can choke on my ****!!! Though I'm glad they acknowledge that Laurinaitis isn't perfect (and properly place him at 25) they have some really weird picks.

My issues with it:

-Stafford No. 1 overall? Um... shouldn't a no.1 overall pick be, I dunno, CONSISTENT?????

-Moala No.2 overall? Makes other players around him better? He's a little undersized and does not have any discernible effect on the players around him.

-McCoy No.5 overall? Now I have no problem with LeSean McCoy BUT the following are the running backs I have ranked ahead of him that this draft doesn't put ahead of him - Knowshon Moreno, Chris Wells, C.J. Spiller, DeMarco Murray, and Keiland Williams. How the hell is McCoy worth a #5 overall pick with all the talent in this class? Not to mention if the Dolphins are picking fifth overall it would be lunacy for the to go running back.

-Maurice Evans No.6 overall? They say some scouts feel he could be a better prospect than Chris Long!!!!! Here are DEs who are better prospects but lower in this draft than Maurice Evans: George Selvie, Michael Johnson, Tyson Jackson, Greg Hardy, Greg Middleton...

-At No. 10 Vontae Davis or Taylor Mays or an offensive lineman or a receiver are all better choices than defensive end for the Ravens.

-If Chicago is drafting at No. 11 defensive tackle is NOT going to be their biggest concern. It's going to be their anemic offense. They'll go either receiver or QB.

-The Texans would be better off taking Vontae Davis than Heyward-Bey at No. 14. That is a ridiculously bad pick.

-Why would Arizona take a corner No. 16 overall two years in a row when they need a running back and Moreno is still on the board?

-Selvie doesn't fit the Eagles' scheme at all. That pick is retarded.

-The bottom half of this draft is just crap. The following are all the players in this first round who I personally don't think belong (aka don't get first round grades.)

No. 1 QB Matt Stafford, Georgia
    No. 2 DT Fili Moala, USC
    No. 5 RB LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
    No. 6 DE Maurice Evans, Penn State
    No. 12 T Eugene Monroe, Virginia
    No. 16 CB Victor Harris, Virginia Tech
    No. 20 TE Travis Beckum, Wisconsin
    No. 21 DT Jeff Owens, Georgia
    No. 27 DE Kyle Moore, USC
    No. 28 CB Mike Mickens, Cincinnati
    No. 29 DB Derek Pegues, Mississippi State
    No. 30 CB Ladarius Webb, Nicholls State
    No. 31 QB Rudy Carpenter, Arizona State
    No. 32 TE Chase Coffman, Missouri

Almost half of the players in this draft shouldn't have first round grades and Rudy Carpenter????? WTF??? First off, I don't know why Dallas would use a first round pick on a QB. Second, I don't know why it would be Rudy Carpenter. Someone please explain all this madness to me.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

1. This is extremely old.
    2. Rivals sucks...never listen to what they say when they talk about the Draft. Great for recruting but horrible for anything non-recruiting.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      1. This is extremely old.
      2. Rivals sucks...never listen to what they say when they talk about the Draft. Great for recruting but horrible for anything non-recruiting.
      1. I just sent u a friend request on facebook. If you wanted to pick up chicks with a picture of a supposedly attractive poker player u should have gone with Gus Hansen who was named one of People magazine's 50 sexiest men alive. Antonius can't say that now can he?
      2. Yeah I figured out rivals sucked the second I saw this. I mean I'm still shaking a bit from the shock at how dumb someone could possibly be.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
        1. I just sent u a friend request on facebook. If you wanted to pick up chicks with a picture of a supposedly attractive poker player u should have gone with Gus Hansen who was named one of People magazine's 50 sexiest men alive. Antonius can't say that now can he?
        2. Yeah I figured out rivals sucked the second I saw this. I mean I'm still shaking a bit from the shock at how dumb someone could possibly be.
        1. I don't go on facebook anymore ... secondly Antonius is called the Brad Pitt of poker so I'm not exactly sure how more "attractive" one could be than Brad Pitt for women.

2. Read Pat Kirwan's first mock draft...they are pretty funny though and always entertaining on Rivals...a lot of Draft Mags are trash like Sporting News (Jake Long and Vernon Gholston in 2nd round).

Comment

1. I don't go on facebook anymore ... secondly Antonius is called the Brad Pitt of poker so I'm not exactly sure how more "attractive" one could be than Brad Pitt for women.
          That's because Gabe Kaplan wouldn't stop talking about how sexy Patrik Antonius is on numerous occasions. Gus got the legit people nomination and is a better player to boot.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

That's because Gabe Kaplan wouldn't stop talking about how sexy Patrik Antonius is on numerous occasions. Gus got the legit people nomination and is a better player to boot.
            LOL Gus Hansen is not better than Antonius wtf are you smoking. Hansen gets owned online regularly and Antonius is a master PLO/NLHE player. Hansen is too crazy but Antonius is more steady and smarter. It really is no comparison maybe Hansen has more tourney wins but Antonius is a FAR better cash game player.

Comment

LOL Gus Hansen is not better than Antonius wtf are you smoking. Hansen gets owned online regularly and Antonius is a master PLO/NLHE player. Hansen is too crazy but Antonius is more steady and smarter. It really is no comparison maybe Hansen has more tourney wins but Antonius is a FAR better cash game player.
              Antonius is a slightly better cash game player but Hansen is a MONSTER of a tournament player thanks to his aggressive style. Negreanu and Esfandiari pretty much pwn them both though.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Antonius is a slightly better cash game player but Hansen is a MONSTER of a tournament player thanks to his aggressive style. Negreanu and Esfandiari pretty much pwn them both though.
                Negreanu is overrated imo. He NEVER folds. Esfandari is a baller. Antonius is a far better cash game player you have no idea how many times Hansen has reportedly gone broke.

Hansen is much more aggressive in tournaments but I dont' see it as more aggressive I see it as more reckless. Antonius is very aggressive as well...I just prefer his playing style more.

Comment

Negreanu is overrated imo. He NEVER folds. Esfandari is a baller. Antonius is a far better cash game player you have no idea how many times Hansen has reportedly gone broke.

Hansen is much more aggressive in tournaments but I dont' see it as more aggressive I see it as more reckless. Antonius is very aggressive as well...I just prefer his playing style more.
                  Negreanu's reads are absolutely incredible though and he's certainly made some absolutely sick laydowns. Hansen is a little reckless but there is method to his madness. He does pick his spots and play after the flop extremely well.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

No. 12 T Eugene Monroe, Virginia
                    No. 16 CB Victor Harris, Virginia Tech
                    No. 21 DT Jeff Owens, Georgia
                    No. 29 DB Derek Pegues, Mississippi State
                    No. 32 TE Chase Coffman, Missouri

Almost half of the players in this draft shouldn't have first round grades and Rudy Carpenter????? WTF??? First off, I don't know why Dallas would use a first round pick on a QB. Second, I don't know why it would be Rudy Carpenter. Someone please explain all this madness to me.
                    I disagree with your criticisms of these players in the first round of a mock. I think as of right now Owens is the best DT in college. Monroe is a really underrated player. Harris could have been a first round pick this year had he come out. Pegues is EXTREMELY underrated as a free safety. Coffman is a very well rounded player with nice hands, athleticism, and size.

Comment

I disagree with your criticisms of these players in the first round of a mock. I think as of right now Owens is the best DT in college. Monroe is a really underrated player. Harris could have been a first round pick this year had he come out. Pegues is EXTREMELY underrated as a free safety. Coffman is a very well rounded player with nice hands, athleticism, and size.
                      I think you can make a legitimate argument for most of them though I just can't see Coffman possibly going in the first round with Gresham and Pettigrew in this class as well.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Well the TE position is pretty much up in the air right now. Pettigrew does have some character concerns and Gresham is a young player who must prove himself again.

You can make an argument for Coffman, but I wouldn't.

Comment

The Bears going DT would be a head scratcher.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Working...
                          X