X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter's New Mock

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

My typical concerns:

-I don't know how Michael Johnson who's never started, can go #2 overall.
    -The "Alex Smith went #1 overall" argument makes less sense every time I read it.
    -I'm very confident that the Ravens would choose Vontae Davis over Malcolm Jenkins.
    -I thought Ahmad Brooks was the starting MLB.
    -Everything after that works out pretty well in the second round.
    -You switched Miami and Atlanta in the second round.
    -I think CJ Spiller would do better than James Davis in Houston's scheme.
    -Depth is for the 4th and 5th round, c'mon you can do better than giving the Ravens a MLB.
    -I thought Paris Lenon was manning the middle.
    -Eric Green is a solid CB.
    -This was a pretty good mock.

Interesting how Eugene Monroe keeps rising up draft boards, I remember seeing him being a projected 4-5 rounder by Walter in February/March. Who had Monroe higher than anyone else 2 months ago? I forgot.

Also, interesting a QB that didn't throw for more than 240 yards last season is taken #7 overall. But hey everyone else has him in the first round in their mock draft so its ok.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Walter, please explain why Taylor Mays is a SS. 6'3 is ideal height for FS in pass coverage to match up with bigger receivers.

Comment

Nice Mock. Crabtree to the Chiefs would be a big pick for their franchise.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
          Nice Mock. Crabtree to the Chiefs would be a big pick for their franchise.
          If Branden Albert doesn't work out at LT, then they would have a franchise with nothing at the left tackle position.

Comment

Ya but I doubt they label him a bust after one season regardless.

Comment

I agree with NNC. Sure, Branden Albert could suck this season, but unless a guy like Oher falls to them, they'll give him at least two years.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Who is this Tim Tebow guy?

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Originally posted by MMONTERO View Post
                  Who is this Tim Tebow guy?
                  Someone I hope the Bears dont draft.
                  Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Walter, please explain why Taylor Mays is a SS. 6'3 is ideal height for FS in pass coverage to match up with bigger receivers.
                    Whoops, should have put SS/FS... I think he'd work at either position.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                      http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

My typical concerns:

-I thought Ahmad Brooks was the starting MLB.
                      -You switched Miami and Atlanta in the second round.
                      -Depth is for the 4th and 5th round, c'mon you can do better than giving the Ravens a MLB.
                      -I thought Paris Lenon was manning the middle.
                      -This was a pretty good mock.
                      Glad you liked it.

Ahmad Brooks is fighting for playing time at SLB with Jeanty. Paris Lenon is also SLB with Jordan Dizon on the roster.

Teams with the same record swap orders in succeeding rounds, so that's what happened there.

You're right about depth being for Rounds 4+ but Spikes is such great value there.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        Whoops, should have put SS/FS... I think he'd work at either position.
                        Why not just put S...what is the point in SS/FS? It's not like there is another safety position.

Taylor Mays is the prototypical free safety. He needs to improving his playmaking next year, he isn't that great of a tackler, so I don't see him as a SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          Taylor Mays is the prototypical free safety. He needs to improving his playmaking next year, he isn't that great of a tackler, so I don't see him as a SS.
                          Mays isn't a horrible tackler. It's more that he doesn't tackle as well as you would expect with his incredible athleticism. He's decent though and I think he could start at strong safety for a lot of teams in the NFL.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
                          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

He could start at SS, but he would excel much more at FS.

Comment

Working...
                            X