This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterfinals West #2 - Sonics vs Mavs

Vote for who you think would win this matchup.

Rules, Please Read:

One vote per person. Duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team in the conference. Co-owners may vote in the other conference.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

To build off the point above, if you've only heard of one player in the voting, refrain from voting just because you've never heard of anyone else.

NO CHANGING YOUR VOTE
    Seattle Supersonics
    57.89%
    Dallas Mavericks
    42.11%
    2013 BDL and 2014 CMD Champion

Seattle Supersonics:

Starters:
    PG: Deron Williams
    SG: OJ Mayo
    SF: Kevin Durant
    PF: Tristan Thompson
    C: Jason Smith

Bench:
    6th man PG Mo Williams
    PF Nerlens Noel
    SG Marco Belinelli
    SF John Salmons
    C Samuel Dalembert

-----------------------

Dallas Mavericks:

PG: Jose Calderon
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: Harrison Barnes
    PF: Taj Gibson
    C: Dwight Howard

Bench:

Devin Harris
    Lou Williams
    Shawn Marion
    Matt Bonner
    Reggie Evans
    Last edited by PSU; 08-13-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Seattle Supersonics

This series we are taking on the Dallas Mavericks. I really like this match-up for our team. This is not a very good defensive team. They have some solid defensive post players, but that won't affect us very much. Almost every other player we have a big mismatch with. Howard won't be a very big factor defensively because our offense doesnt run through the center, and the offense we are running will get him out of the paint.

Our plan on offense is to attack with our greatest strength and their greatest weakness, perimeter play. A lot of our offensive game plan this series will be to spread the floor, and run isolations with Deron Williams and Kevin Durant. This will get all 4 other players to clear out around the perimeter, getting Dwight out of the paint. This gives Deron a one on one match-up with Jose Calderon, who is a piss poor defensive player. I mean seriously, he is worse than a wet paper bag out there. By giving Deron all the space he needs and just Calderon to deal with, he should absolutely dominate. If the Mavs decide to pack the paint, or double Deron, we will introduce them to Kevin Durant, the best scorer in the NBA, who will make them pay for that. We also have 3 point shooters OJ Mayo, Mo Williams, and Marco Bellineli on the perimeter, who will explode if they pack the paint. Either way, we should be able to score with ease the entire series, as they will either pack the paint and have Kevin Durant, OJ Mayo, Mo Williams and Marco Bellineli explode or they will play on will play tight on the shooters and Deron will dominate Calderon all series.

Defensively, the only player that should be able to hurt us consistently is Dwight Howard. So, we will front Dwight with the 7 footer Jason Smith, who will get to start this series. His extra length over Howard combined with back side help should shut him down. Tristan Thompson will have back side help as he doesnt need to worry about Taj Gibson. This should make it very hard for Dwight to get the ball, and reduce his touches to near minimal. Having the athletic Nerlens Noel come off the bench to front or help on the back end when Smith is in should make it even harder. He is great on back side help because he can out jump a lot of guys, and block shots really well. A perfect mix for that spot. This defense puts it in Jose Calderon, Eric Gordon, and Harrison Barnes hands to outscore Deron Williams, Kevin Durant, OJ Mayo, Tristan Thompson, Mo Williams, and Marco Bellineli. I don't think the Mavs can do that. Thats why you should vote for my team. Thank you

Rotation:
      PG: Deron Williams (35) / Mo Williams (13)
      SG: OJ Mayo (29) / Bellineli (13) / Mo Williams (6)
      SF: Durant (36) / Salmons (12)
      PF: Thompson (30) / Noel (17) / Jason Smith (1)
      C: Jason Smith (28) / Dalembert (16) / Noel (4)

Note: One of Noel or Smith will always be in to front Dwight. If Dwight isn't in that is when Smith and Noel will rest.
      If they are both in, Noel will have back side help.
      Dalembert will not see any minutes with Dwight on the floor. Dalembert and Thompson will also both be back end guys. They will never be in together, unless Dwight is out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Mavericks

A vote for the Mavs is a vote for Dwight Howard's enormous dick, Eric Gordon's slightly less enormous dick, Harrison Barnes' probably enormous dick, and Jose Calderon's sexy Spanish dick.

Also spacing and defense and pick and roll and tightened rotation and attacking their front court and being physical with Durant and stuff.
      Last edited by PSU; 08-13-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Ugh, not voting for anyone right now. Like the Mavs better based on the rosters, but why the **** wouldn't you submit a writeup.

Comment

Not voting yet, but Noel has got to be the most useless pick in this entire thing.

Comment

If I don't vote now, I'll completely forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgus View Post
              Not voting yet, but Noel has got to be the most useless pick in this entire thing.
              I understand I picked him way too early, but he certainly a good defender off the bench. Blocks shots, disrupts the offense

Comment

Going with footsy. 2nd best player in basketball, top notch PG, and a small ball lineup that can be Rockets-esque in terms of shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Brown View Post
                  Going with footsy. 2nd best player in basketball, top notch PG, and a small ball lineup that can be Rockets-esque in terms of shooting.
                  I'll take exception to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by AliceAttack View Post
                    I'll take exception to that one.
                    Is Deron Williams not one of the best PG's in the NBA?

Comment

Originally posted by football2ky View Post
                      I understand I picked him way too early, but he certainly a good defender off the bench. Blocks shots, disrupts the offense
                      There's a chance he doesn't play until December, or maybe even after that. The Sixers are tanking like nobody's business, so you never know. This is a projection, after all, and I don't see him doing really anything his first season.

Comment

So Ive voted for every team that is losing I guess.

Williams and Durant will have good games, but not as good as Howard's. Plus he just have overall better complimentary pieces.

Comment

I'm in Mexico, please don't hold that against me
                          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Refer to the divisional voting thread if you'd like to hear about how awesome my team is.
                            CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

If I vote for Dallas does that mean I like big dicks?
                              A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

Working...
                              X