This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA CMD - Finals: Celtics vs Sonics

Vote for who you think would win this matchup.

Rules, Please Read:

One vote per person. Duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team in the conference. Co-owners may vote in the other conference.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

To build off the point above, if you've only heard of one player in the voting, refrain from voting just because you've never heard of anyone else.

NO CHANGING YOUR VOTE
    Boston Celtics
    60.00%
    Seattle Supersonics
    40.00%
    2013 BDL and 2014 CMD Champion

Boston Celtics:

Starters
    PG: Jrue Holiday
    SG: Dion Waiters
    SF: Lebron James
    PF: Kenneth Faried
    C: Robin Lopez

Bench
    - Ray Allen, SG
    - Ed Davis PF/C
    - Darren Collison PG
    - Martell Webster SF
    - Bismack Biyombo PF/C

-----------------------------------------------

Seattle Supersonics:

Starters:
    PG: Deron Williams
    SG: OJ Mayo
    SF: Kevin Durant
    PF: Tristan Thompson
    C: Jason Smith

Bench:
    6th man PG Mo Williams
    PF Nerlens Noel
    SG Marco Belinelli
    SF John Salmons
    C Samuel Dalembert

Comment

Boston Celtics

Writeup I always have (skip to bottom to read specifically vs. Sonics)
      My offense will employ a lot of run and gun and motion strategies in order to take advantage of the starters athleticism and quickness. It will be a high paced, fast offense employing lots of screens to open up driving lanes to the basket. Obviously this strategy centers around Lebron. The Heat typically run various forms of the run and gun and motion offenses, so clearly it fits his style. Lebron can succeed with almost any teammate. He’s been to the NBA finals with a very poor supporting cast in Cleveland, and has won the NBA finals and the NBA CMD despite major questions in terms of fit, so I put a focus in BPA over fit (especially considering I had the last pick in rounds 2-5). Dion Waiters is a young developing SG with major offensive talent, and can also take advantage of the screens in the motion offense and his quickness, athleticism, and scoring ability fits well with the run and gun offense and will take a Dwayne Wade-type role (Obviously Waiters isn’t the same talent level, but he has a similar skill set). Jrue Holiday is an All Star PG and my #2 scoring option next to Lebron. He can spread the floor and fits with the quick strike offense I’m using. Holiday can create his own shot and executes on offense regularly, scoring 18 PPG last year. Not to mention he still has a high ceiling at only 23 years old. Kenneth Faried is another young emerging player who is an athletic high effort player who can score, defend, and rebound. He averaged 11.5 and 9.2 last season in less than 30 minutes per game, and is expected to improve next season. Robin Lopez is there to provide true size to match up with other centers. His primary role is defense and isn’t a huge cog in the run and gun offense, as my team will often go small and sub Martell Webster or Ray Allen to spread the floor and open up the three point options along with Holiday (A small ball/spread floor type lineup could be Holiday-Allen-Webster-Lebron-Faried, for example). However, Lopez is still vital to match up against other centers and preventing an All Star center from controlling the game. This type of lineup would employ ideas from Nellie Ball and the in and out offense, which is basically having Lebron drive or kick out to one of the 3 point shooters in order to open up as many 3 pointers as possible. Darren Collison has proven to be a legitimate top backup PG to Chris Paul over his career and even has some starting ability. Ed Davis will rotate with Faried and Lopez, and can substitute for Faried on the small ball offense if I want a little more size. Davis is an up and coming PF/C and has been very solid in his playing time. Biyombo is mostly there to rotate and for defensive matchups, offensively he’s not all that useful.

Defensively, I’ll be using mostly man to man strategies, as this will allow Lebron to defend my opponents best player. Lopez, Faried, and Holiday are all regarded as above average defenders and are all players I feel very comfortable leaving with another man. Holiday is especially known for his defensive awareness, fundamentals and versatility with the size to defend to the 1 or the 2. Lopez, Faried, and Lebron are also all plus rebounders, and Biyombo and Davis help out in that regard as well. On the bench, Biyombo is another very solid defender, Allen can still hold his own despite his age, and Webster is sort of a 3DA guy, and is very good at defending players coming off screens, which is essential in a man to man defensive system, as that’s where one of the largest weaknesses of the system lies.

Vs. Sonics
      I’ll keep this short since I don’t think there’s anything special vs. the Sonics that strays too far away from my above strategy. Basically, Lebron is going to be on Durant and Holiday on Deron Williams. Both are defensively good enough to at least slow down their opponent and offensively good enough to get the stats they usually get. If you’re convinced that Durant/Deron vs. Lebron/Holiday is a wash or one is slightly better than the other, just look at the other options. Faried and Lopez, despite not being the best big men, should overpower the combination of Smith and Thompson. Faried especially matches up well with Thompson. As for our benches, I think mine is clearly superior. Footsy gave up a lot to move up for Durant/Deron, and his bench suffered for it. Mine can handle his pretty easily.

TL;DR If you can’t decide who will win Lebron/Holiday vs Deron/Durant, then just look at the big men and the bench and you’ll find his depth clearly suffered from his two massive trade ups.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle Supersonics

LeBron blows.

Look at this fancy graph. It shows Durant is a better rebounder than LeBron.
      Because LeBron is a pussy.

Sure, our bigs blow.
      So do his. This game is gonna be won by guards and forwards.
      Deron Williams and Durant vs. Jrue Holliday, who just has tons of playoff success, (sarcasm) and LeBron. But Durant is better than LeBron.
      The reason LeBron has more assists than Durant is the Thunder as a team have a much lower shooting percentage than the Heat. If you factor that out Durant would have more APG.
      With all of our shooters that number should skyrocket, giving Durant more PPG, RPG, and APG than LeBron.
      More efficient, more clutch, more cool.
      What else more could you want?

Comment

I vote VACANT

Comment

So footsy is going with making fun of holidays playoff success by going with Deron Williams?
          A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

Yeah, bash Lebron in your writeup and try to convince people Durant is better while ignoring about half your team. That's a sound strategy.
            Boston Celtics 2013 NBA CMD Champions

CMD Picks: 11.16, 12.10, 13.21, 14.10, 14.15, 15.21, 16.10, 17.21, 19.21, 20.10, 21.21, 22.10

Comment

Originally posted by Jwarr37 View Post
              Yeah, bash Lebron in your writeup and try to convince people Durant is better. That's a sound strategy.
              You think so? Thanks man!

Comment

Yeah, bash Lebron in your writeup and try to convince people Durant is better while ignoring about half your team. That's a sound strategy.
                Sold me pretty well
                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

This Finals is a farce, Cavs should be here.

Comment

The pistons should be here. Best team ever.
                    2014 Champion of the Walter Football PPR League

CMD VI Runner Up

Comment

This make me unreasonably angry. The dude's team is nothing special and he doesn't even bother to submit an actual writeup for the goddamn Finals.

And you people are voting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by AliceAttack View Post
                        This make me unreasonably angry. The dude's team is nothing special and he doesn't even bother to submit an actual writeup for the goddamn Finals.

And you people are voting for him.
                        Well, when you look at WHO voted you'll see why. Who even is sparkjoker?

EDIT: As soon as I post this, I saw him in the training camp thread. My b
                        Boston Celtics 2013 NBA CMD Champions

CMD Picks: 11.16, 12.10, 13.21, 14.10, 14.15, 15.21, 16.10, 17.21, 19.21, 20.10, 21.21, 22.10

Comment

Well, when you look at WHO voted you'll see why. Who even is sparkjoker?

EDIT: As soon as I post this, I saw him in the training camp thread. My b
                          You should try losing by one vote cause his irl friend voted for him then didn't return to the forum til this started lol
                          A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

Without even following this thing and before even Reading anthing i bet its Lebron vs durant.

Yeah it is. So lame

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                              Without even following this thing and before even Reading anthing i bet its Lebron vs durant.

Yeah it is. So lame
                              Incredibly lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X