This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robley View Post
    I have no problem with the Noel pick. I made my picks based on what will look best over the course of this upcoming season. And I am sure my team is going to look a hell of a lot better once the season is over.
    Yeah, Amare's putting up big numbers this year bro Yes I know Gong made the pick not you.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Brown View Post
      Yeah, Amare's putting up big numbers this year bro Yes I know Gong made the pick not you.
      I didn't make that pick. I'm only talking about picks I made + Kyrie.

Edit: Punk.

Comment

Seattle isn't terrible. Durant is the 2nd best player in the NBA, Deron Williams is still a really good player, OJ Mayo's good for the floor spacing and in transition, and Thompson is a good pick and roll partner for Williams. Footsy just went full tard with Noel pick which ****ed up on him building a better team.
        They were not a playoff team. Durant would have to do everything and is the only consistent player on the roster. Deron Williams is solid, but he definitely had times where he was garbage. OJ Mayo was very likely your second best scorer, and lol if you think he can be a go to scorer on a championship team. He didn't even start for Dallas this year, and they missed the Thompson, I don't know much about, but you're going to have a hard time selling to me that he can be a starter on a championship roster. Seattle's bench doesn't have anyone that could significantly aid them when Deron plays like ****, so once those starters struggle your team becomes OKC in the 2013 playoffs who lost four straight to Memphis.

Indeed. The fact that Boozer and Pek would do really well against Faried and Lopez down low was swept under the rug for whatever reason.
        Actually Colts Homer got off to a quick lead but Jwarr went with the sympathy vibe about LeBron and got a ton of votes after people didn't want to vote LeBron out in the quarter finals.

Comment

Originally posted by miamidolphin4life View Post
          They were not a playoff team. Durant would have to do everything and is the only consistent player on the roster. Deron Williams is solid, but he definitely had times where he was garbage. OJ Mayo was very likely your second best scorer, and lol if you think he can be a go to scorer on a championship team. He didn't even start for Dallas this year, and they missed the Thompson, I don't know much about, but you're going to have a hard time selling to me that he can be a starter on a championship roster. Seattle's bench doesn't have anyone that could significantly aid them when Deron plays like ****, so once those starters struggle your team becomes OKC in the 2013 playoffs who lost four straight to Memphis.

Actually Colts Homer got off to a quick lead but Jwarr went with the sympathy vibe about LeBron and got a ton of votes after people didn't want to vote LeBron out in the quarter finals.
          Deron Williams was the best player the 4 seed in the East, finished a half game behind the Pacers.
          He is a real good PG.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with Deron Williams as the 2nd banana. He had a bad start to the season but played pretty well after that. Not sure why people sell him short.

Comment

Originally posted by football2ky View Post
              Deron Williams was the best player the 4 seed in the East, finished a half game behind the Pacers.
              He is a real good PG.
              Yeah and they were so good they lost to a Chicago Bulls without their two best players and Nate Robinson playing significant time against Williams. Deron had solid games but crapped himself in the final game of that series. Joe Johnson was Brooklyn's best scorer and he also had solid moments, but ultimately crapped on himself the final game of that series. He got no respect yet your in the Finals. This is ridiculous.

There's nothing wrong with Deron Williams as the 2nd banana. He had a bad start to the season but played pretty well after that. Not sure why people sell him short.
              Deron Williams is a good player but he's not the 2nd banana on a championship roster. Your team is a poor mans version of the old OKC teams and despite Durant's greatness is not a championship team. OJ Mayo is your second best scorer and Deron Williams is not an elite PG anymore.

Comment

This CMD voting process is outdated because the playoffs/teams advancing don't make sense. We may have to reevaluate some things.

Comment

Yeah and they were so good they lost to a Chicago Bulls without their two best players and Nate Robinson playing significant time against Williams. Deron had solid games but crapped himself in the final game of that series. Joe Johnson was Brooklyn's best scorer and he also had solid moments, but ultimately crapped on himself the final game of that series. He got no respect yet your in the Finals. This is ridiculous.

Deron Williams is a good player but he's not the 2nd banana on a championship roster. Your team is a poor mans version of the old OKC teams and despite Durant's greatness is not a championship team. OJ Mayo is your second best scorer and Deron Williams is not an elite PG anymore.
                  Lol

Comment

That's laughable. You must have some lofty expectaions of what a sidekick should be. Deron Williams is still a pretty good player that can give close to 20 a game. And what's up with you saying Mayo didn't even start for Dallas?

Comment

I misread and thought you said "Durant doesn't even look that good without Westbrook in the lineup" and obviously anyone putting up a 34-11-7 (which was actually a 31/9/6 overall, though his numbers were up around 34/11/7 through the first 6 or so games) in the playoffs could in no way be called 'not that good.' But either way, you said "Durant doesn't even look that good with Westbrook in the lineup," which I also don't get since a full season of 28-8-5 with the 50-40-90 to boot can't be called 'not that good' in any way either. As for the more individual success for LeBron thing, I wouldn't say that's fair.

Over their first 6 seasons, each from the ages of 19 through 24, their averages are:

LeBron - 27.5 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.7 APG, 47.0 FG%, 32.8 3P%, 73.7 FT%

Durant - 26.6 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 3.1 APG, 47.5 FG%, 37.3 3P%, 88.4 FT%

With their 6th seasons of:

LeBron - 28.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 7.2 APG, 48.9 FG%, 34.4 3P%, 78.0 FT%

Durant - 28.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 4.6 APG, 51.0 FG%, 41.6 3P%, 90.5 FT%

They both missed the playoffs in their first 2 seasons and made it in years 3 through 6.

LeBron's 1st year - lost in the 2nd round, 30.8 8.1 5.8 47.6/33.3/73.7

2nd year - lost in the Finals, 25.1 8.1 8.0 41.6/28.0/75.5

3rd year - lost in the 2nd round, 28.2 7.8 7.6 41.1/25.7/73.1

4th year - lost in the ECF, 35.3 9.1 7.3 51.0/33.3/74.9

Durant's 1st year - lost in the 1st round, 25.0 7.7 2.3 35.0/28.6/87.1

2nd year - lost in the WCF, 28.6 8.2 2.8 44.9/33.9/83.8

3rd year - lost in the Finals, 28.5 7.4 3.7 51.7/37.3/86.4

4th year - lost in the 2nd round, 30.8 9.0 6.3 45.5/31.4/83.0

Adjusted for age, is there really much of a difference in how much they've done? If you decide Durant's superior shooting splits roughly cancel out LeBron's superior assist numbers, they're damn near identical (and I'd argue the shooting splits are more important, frankly).
                      Yeah, read them numbers things.

But seriously, **** LeBron, if he doesn't piggy back Dwayne Wades superior ego, he folds again, and has his Mom gang banged AGAIN by his whole teammates cuz they hate his aloof ass. He is a quitter. He will quit and fold again without the perfect players around him to stroke him off ten times a game. He is an anti-leader.

Any team that has Lebron has the physically most superior athlete ever in basketball, and a pretty overall mentally weak guy that is a ***** and may or may not suck dick in the off season to drown his sorrows in sperm and semen. (Bukakke style)
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                      I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

I misread and thought you said "Durant doesn't even look that good without Westbrook in the lineup" and obviously anyone putting up a 34-11-7 (which was actually a 31/9/6 overall, though his numbers were up around 34/11/7 through the first 6 or so games) in the playoffs could in no way be called 'not that good.' But either way, you said "Durant doesn't even look that good with Westbrook in the lineup," which I also don't get since a full season of 28-8-5 with the 50-40-90 to boot can't be called 'not that good' in any way either. As for the more individual success for LeBron thing, I wouldn't say that's fair.

Over their first 6 seasons, each from the ages of 19 through 24, their averages are:

LeBron - 27.5 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.7 APG, 47.0 FG%, 32.8 3P%, 73.7 FT%

Durant - 26.6 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 3.1 APG, 47.5 FG%, 37.3 3P%, 88.4 FT%

With their 6th seasons of:

LeBron - 28.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 7.2 APG, 48.9 FG%, 34.4 3P%, 78.0 FT%

Durant - 28.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 4.6 APG, 51.0 FG%, 41.6 3P%, 90.5 FT%

They both missed the playoffs in their first 2 seasons and made it in years 3 through 6.

LeBron's 1st year - lost in the 2nd round, 30.8 8.1 5.8 47.6/33.3/73.7

2nd year - lost in the Finals, 25.1 8.1 8.0 41.6/28.0/75.5

3rd year - lost in the 2nd round, 28.2 7.8 7.6 41.1/25.7/73.1

4th year - lost in the ECF, 35.3 9.1 7.3 51.0/33.3/74.9

Durant's 1st year - lost in the 1st round, 25.0 7.7 2.3 35.0/28.6/87.1

2nd year - lost in the WCF, 28.6 8.2 2.8 44.9/33.9/83.8

3rd year - lost in the Finals, 28.5 7.4 3.7 51.7/37.3/86.4

4th year - lost in the 2nd round, 30.8 9.0 6.3 45.5/31.4/83.0

Adjusted for age, is there really much of a difference in how much they've done? If you decide Durant's superior shooting splits roughly cancel out LeBron's superior assist numbers, they're damn near identical (and I'd argue the shooting splits are more important, frankly).
                        First off, I am not in any way saying Durant isn't great. But, his superior shooting does not cancel out Lebron's superior assist numbers considering Lebron still outscores Durant per game and historically doubles his assists totals. Lebron gives you an extra 3 assists per game, which is good for approximately 7 extra points (factoring in one three). That is a big difference.

But. my real point is that no one can take away the fact that Lebron took an awful Cavs team to the finals. We havn't seen a performance like that from Durant. Durant went to the finals with Westbrook and Harden. That is an elite squad. So Lebron has in his corner a history of success with an awful Cavs team and superior stats. I don't see where the argument is for Durant's team in this when Seattle is also the weaker of the two squads.

Comment

Where were you last round

Sad face
                          A mans reputation is what his friends say about him. His character is what his enemies say about him

Live everyday as if it is your last, one day it will be

Life has defining moments, define the moment or the moment will define you

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable giving your 2 best friends keys to your house. If not, find new best friends

Dont trust a women who doesn't close her eyes when you kiss her

Comment

I'm just still in shock that the Pacers didn't win.

Comment

We somehow got 7 votes for "Not LeBron"

Comment

Originally posted by AliceAttack View Post
                                We somehow got 7 votes for "Not LeBron"
                                Quitter, choker, and anti-leader. Surprised anyone voted for him through this whole playoff debacle.

**** LeBron, he is a *****, and a punk, and sucks dick cuz he has a low self concept and needs some male approval.

Give or take, but 95% truth in that statement. He prolly does suck dick though, so maybe 100%. I don't really know if he is a rooster gobbler or not.
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Red-headed step-child
                                I suspect Gong is like an alien or barbarian who I look down on at first. Then I begin to suspect that he is actually a well-meaning guy who has much to teach us about life, until he puts his head through a glass ant farm.

Comment

Working...
                                X