Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: Craig Smith (Mock Draft you sent me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Craig Smith (Mock Draft you sent me)

You think the Jaguars are going to have the top pick in the 2008 Draft??
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Wow are you serious? The Jaguars will win their freaking division.

And yes, the Colts will finish second because they have one of the worst defenses in the NFL and they lost Tarik Glenn. The Jaguars defense will dominate and they have a great running game. Their only concern is their passing game, but i think Marcedes Lewis will step up. Losing Wilford is a huge blow, but they have a good running game.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 08-09-2007, 08:05 PM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Wow are you serious? The Jaguars will win their freaking division.

And yes, the Colts will finish second because they have one of the worst defenses in the NFL and they lost Tarik Glenn. The Jaguars defense will dominate and they have a great running game. Their only concern is their passing game, but i think Marcedes Lewis will step up. Losing Wilford is a huge blow, but they have a good running game.
      Agree with all that except Wilford. None of the Jags recievers are notably impressive and despite that they are pretty stacked depth wise there with Jones, Williams, Northcutt and even rookie Mike Walker.

Comment

Wilford is a pretty good WR. Good size and speed. Best WR on their roster easily.

Comment

It doesn't matter how good their receivers are if they don't have a QB that can get them the ball...

Comment

Yes i do, they have a rough schedule.

They have trouble scoring points.

Fred Taylor has injury problems (only played in 16 games twice in ten years, may not miss alot of time, but he misses time), and i am not going to put long term value in Maurice Jones-Drew.

They have big slow recievers, that despite their height seem to get out jumped by 5'-8" corners.

Quarterback controversy is going to kill them this year. As soon as Leftwich throws his first pick they will be screaming for Garrard.

They get virually no pass rush from the left side of their defensive line.

Their LB's are average at best. Peterson is a handfull if he gets his stuff together after that injury. But thats a big if. A pectoral injury on a LB causes them to wrap up and force the tackle less, the feel a need to protect that part of their body, and it generally causes loss of upper body strength making it harder to even wrap up powerful runners.

I like Rashean Mathis at corner, but everone else is marginal nickleback in my opinion.

Reggie Nelson is a rookie starting safety. He may be a first round pick but he is still a rookie. I expect plenty of growing pains against some of the recievers he will face.

Indianapolis will put points up on them twice this year, so will Carolina, San Diego and New Orleans. Pittsburgh and Denver will shut them down and win, Houston and Tennessee will split with them at worst, if not sweeping them. Oakland acutally has a shot at beating them if their defense can put up some points.

Thats 9 losses that i could right there, with possibly 12 if they are swept by Houston and Tennessee and lose to oakland.

Believe it or not, Jacksonville is likely to end up in the top 10 of the draft this year. I got them finishing worse then anyone. Not to unrelaistic for a team that finished 8-8 last year and did nothing to make themselves better in the offseason.
            Last edited by Craig Smith; 08-10-2007, 10:01 AM.

Comment

OK fair enough, I'll have your mock posted later today.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Yeah, I guess drafting Reggie Nelson and Justin Durant does nothing to make their defense any better, or Adam Podlesh for their special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                  Yes i do, they have a rough schedule.
                  Everyone in the NFL has a rough schedule. Some more than others. We also don't know who is going to suprise us next year.

They have trouble scoring points.
                  Offense wins game. Defense wins championships. A dominant running game helps win games more than a dominant passing game.

Fred Taylor has injury problems (only played in 16 games twice in ten years, may not miss alot of time, but he misses time), and i am not going to put long term value in Maurice Jones-Drew.
                  Huh? Yeah, Taylor has injury concerns, but he doesn't have to carry the load like in years past and he was healthy all of last season. MJD is a very good back. You have no reason to say MJD doesn't have "long term value."

They have big slow recievers, that despite their height seem to get out jumped by 5'-8" corners.
                  Cough-San Diego Chargers-Cough.

Quarterback controversy is going to kill them this year. As soon as Leftwich throws his first pick they will be screaming for Garrard.
                  Um, who is going to be screaming for Garrard? The fans? You think any coaching staff in the NFL cares what their fans think about how they coach?

They get virually no pass rush from the left side of their defensive line.
                  Yeah, your right. Their DL is awful.

Their LB's are average at best. Peterson is a handfull if he gets his stuff together after that injury. But thats a big if. A pectoral injury on a LB causes them to wrap up and force the tackle less, the feel a need to protect that part of their body, and it generally causes loss of upper body strength making it harder to even wrap up powerful runners.
                  Their DL is good enough to hide the Jags LBers weaknesses.

I like Rashean Mathis at corner, but everone else is marginal nickleback in my opinion.
                  You think in order for a team to win their division they should have no weaknesses. Wrong. Every team has weaknesses. Your too nitpicky.

Reggie Nelson is a rookie starting safety. He may be a first round pick but he is still a rookie. I expect plenty of growing pains against some of the recievers he will face.
                  Reggie Nelson isn't a corner, he doesn't face receivers. As a FS (assuming that is where JAX is putting him on defense), he will have to make reads in coverage. There will be growing pains, but he should be fine by mid-season.

Indianapolis will put points up on them twice this year, so will Carolina, San Diego and New Orleans. Pittsburgh and Denver will shut them down and win, Houston and Tennessee will split with them at worst, if not sweeping them. Oakland acutally has a shot at beating them if their defense can put up some points.
                  LMFAO. Indy, San Diego, and NO will put up points on everyone, but not as many against that Jags DL, which is dominant vs. the run and good vs. the pass. Houston and Tennessee won't sweep anyone. They are 2 of the worst teams in football easily and will both struggle to win 6 games each.

Believe it or not, Jacksonville is likely to end up in the top 10 of the draft this year. I got them finishing worse then anyone. Not to unrelaistic for a team that finished 8-8 last year and did nothing to make themselves better in the offseason.
                  LOL. Note: tell Craig to eat his crow at end of season.

Comment

Everyone in the NFL has a rough schedule. Some more than others. We also don't know who is going to suprise us next year .
                    Exactly, not only do we not know who will suprise us, but we don’t know who will bomb out either…

Offense wins game. Defense wins championships. A dominant running game helps win games more than a dominant passing game.
                    I think Chicago might be disagreeing with you right now.

Huh? Yeah, Taylor has injury concerns, but he doesn't have to carry the load like in years past and he was healthy all of last season. MJD is a very good back. You have no reason to say MJD doesn't have "long term value."
                    Oh you must have missed the New England game that he didn’t play in, and the Kansas City game that followed where he only touched the ball 7 times.

And I think you will be surprised when MJD’s production is cut in half this year. Just like You claim I have no reason to claim he doesn’t have long term value, you have no reason to claim he does. It’s a matter of opinion.

Cough-San Diego Chargers-Cough.
                    One has to admit here that there is a far difference between Phillip Rivers and Byron Leftwich/David Garrard.

Some QB’s just have a habit of making average and bad receivers look good. Think of it as the Tom Brady effect.

Um, who is going to be screaming for Garrard? The fans? You think any coaching staff in the NFL cares what their fans think about how they coach?
                    No but when your players read in the media every day about how horrible you starting QB is and that’s why your losing, and the back up should be playing, they lose faith in not only the starting QB, but the coaching staff that wont replace him.

Then they don’t play as hard or work as hard when they don’t believe in the coaching staff.

Trust me, I am from Detroit, and I see first hand, year in and year out how QB controversy effects a team.

Yeah, your right. Their DL is awful.
                    Now I didn’t say that, I said they get no pass rush from the left side. Of the 35 sacks accumulated by the team, over 2/3’s came from the right side. Most of which was by the DT’s. Maybe its just me, but DT’s are generally relied on to stuff the run up the middle, and break down passing lanes, with getting to the QB being third on that list. When you are relying on them to get your sacks, that means you need new DE’s

Their DL is good enough to hide the Jags LBers weaknesses.
                    If your lucky, that the only reason that group doesn’t produce.

You think in order for a team to win their division they should have no weaknesses. Wrong. Every team has weaknesses. Your too nitpicky.
                    I guess I don’t understand this statement. Of course every team has weaknesses, some are just more obvious then others. Just like some teams are better at exploiting those weaknesses. You think I am being to nitpicky, but this is just the team at a glance. Do you want me to nitpick them, because I can?

Reggie Nelson isn't a corner, he doesn't face receivers. As a FS (assuming that is where JAX is putting him on defense), he will have to make reads in coverage. There will be growing pains, but he should be fine by mid-season.
                    This statement kind of confuses me, isn’t it like the equivalent of saying safeties don’t face runningbacks? If its not receivers, who is it that runs past the LB’ers and CB’s to even get to the safeties called?

Unfortunately for Nelson, he will be one on one with recievers n zone coverages, will have to not bite on play fakes, will have to be able to get deep with recievers when the corners are beat, all while trying to “stay at home” in case it’s a running play.

Safeties just make little difference as rookies. And even after adjusting, as a rookie he is a downgrade to Deon Grant.

LMFAO. Indy, San Diego, and NO will put up points on everyone, but not as many against that Jags DL, which is dominant vs. the run and good vs. the pass. Houston and Tennessee won't sweep anyone. They are 2 of the worst teams in football easily and will both struggle to win 6 games each.
                    Indy, SD and NO, even if they don’t put up as many points, will put up enough points to win, so I don’t see a point in that. Peyton Manning will pass on everyone, LaDanian Tomlinson will run on everyone, and NO with Reggie Bush, Marques Colston and Drew Brees will run and pass on everyone, no matter how good their defense is.

Houston is one of the worst teams in the league, I will give you that, but you must have missed the memo that informed everyone that they swept Jacksonville last year, while struggling to win only 6 games.

Tennessee is one of the worst teams in the league? Funny I remember them not only splitting two games with your admired Jacksonville last season, but also finishing with an identical 8-8 record as Jacksonville and was closer to making the playoffs the Jacksonville because they went 4-2 in their division, while Jacksonville was the total opposite at 2-4. This is also evidenced by Tennessee drafting 19th overall and Jacksonville originally having the 17th overall.

So Tennessee is one of the worst teams in the league. They still finished closer to the playoffs then the Jaguars, so what does that say about a team that finished worse then one of the worst teams in the league?

I guess by login Jacksonville should then be considered one of the worst teams in the league…

LOL. Note: tell Craig to eat his crow at end of season.
                    I will, I will always admit when wrong, but the question is will you admit it when Jacksonville doesn’t win their division like you boast

Or how about when they are drafting in the top 10?

Will you eat yours on either of those occasions?

Comment

If I can't eat my crow, then imo I don't deserve bragging rights when I'm correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X