Fantasy Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Question

alright heres the deal. i have a keeper league, and every year you can keep 8 keepers for the next year. you also have a scout team where you can keep a player on for up to 3 years. after the rookie draft, there is an annual draft where you select the players that werent kept (so basically round 9). You start 2 qb's, 2 rbs', 3 wr's, 1 wr/rb, a te, k, and def.

my team is like this so far

Peyton Manning
    Jake Delhomme

Frank Gore
    Joseph Addai

Roy Williams
    Terrell Owens
    D.J Hackett
    Vincent Jackson
    Devery Henderson

Chris Cooley

Scout team:

John Beck
    Kellen Clemmens
    Maurice Stovall
    Maurice Jones Drew (probably taking him out before the season)

so my question is, who do i take with my next pick? My 1st was Cooley, and now im debating who I should take. since its hard to show you all the people left, ill tell u thepeople out there im considering

Isaac Bruce
    Brandon Jones
    Priest Holmes
    Drew Bennett
    D.J Shockley
    David Carr (insurance)
    Jerry Porter
    Ronald Curry

any idea for some sleepers i can take here?

Well, it looks like you need some running back depth. None of those players you listed don't have any long-term promise, with the exception of maybe Ronald Curry.

That's why I would take Priest Holmes. Larry Johnson's holding out. Plus, he's overused. I have a feeling he's going to get hurt. If so, Holmes will play and be very successful.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I was looking at Holmes, but word out is he may not even make the team. I won the league last year with Chris Weinke starting (I know), so I was also looking at insurance for Delhomme. There is no starters availble besides McCown and Frye, but I know they may not last long.

Comment

MY bad, I didn't see that you needed 2 QBs...

That said, I'd still take Holmes.

Anyone else think something different?
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Now that I think about it, if you took David Carr, I'd completely understand. Tough decision between Carr and Holmes.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Its between them, Isaac Bruce, and Brandon Jones. Bruce is a consistent 1000 yard receiver and would be a tremendous #5 option, and I have a good feeling about Jones being the #1 in Tennessee

Comment

Well, you know what you're getting with Bruce. If you need a WR, take him. If not, take someone with more upside.

As for Jones, I don't know if he could ever put up great stats with Vince Young at QB.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

You make a valid point, but my only thing is what you said, I need more depth at QB and RB.

My friend just sent me a message saying he wants to trade up to my spot. He has Larry Johnson, so I figure he wants Holmes now.

Comment

Holmes is listed as the starter for now. He could be healthy. If he is, and you take him, you're going to have a hell of a running back corps.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

We'll see what offer I get. This is the second year of the league and im already looking to repeat. I already traded Matt Schaub, Randy Moss, and a 1st round rookie pick (12th), for Jones Drew. I also traded my 2nd and 3rd round rookie picks, along with a 1st round Annual pick (all in all this turned out to be Steve Smith, Antonio Pittman and Roscoe Parrish) for John Beck

Thank You

Comment

Hope I was able to help.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

You did, Im trying to get threw to my friend at the moment. Good thing the draft time is unlimited.

Just a heads up, I sent you an e-mail asking a question. I was looking to see if I can post some of my stuff on the site if you were able to. I have a lot of stuff I wrote up in my spare time just for fun, and I think itd be cool if some people could see it.

Comment

Oh ok, I was planning to get back to you tonight.

Just send your stuff over, and unless it's completely horrible or terribly biased, I'll definitely post it.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Oh ok sounds good ill get on that soon enough. May be some spelling errors here and there but that shouldnt be a problem

Comment

Why not write it up in Word, so there are no spelling errors?
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                              X