LSU's Miles to Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU's Miles to Michigan?

The Michigan Wolverines have requested, and been granted permission to speak with Les Miles about the vanct Wovlerines head coaching job.

No meeting has been scheduled yet, as LSU has asked U of M to wait until after the SEC title game.

Miles has been listed as the #1 candidate since before Carr officially retired.

Miles played for the Wolverines in college and was an assistant coach there under Bo Schembechler. He also met his wife while coaching the Wolverines.

LSU was so worried that Miles would jump on the Wolverines offer that when he signed his contract it included a "poisin pill" that if he were to leave LSU for Michigan (and only Michigan), he would be required to pay LSU $1.25 million (slightly less than what Lloyd Carr made per as U of M's head coach)...

Michigan directors have also acknowledged that while the program has always offered far below average contracts to their coach, that they are likely to pay more then double Carr's salary (Estimated Salary for new coach $3mil) for the right replacement.

For anyone who has ever attended, coached at or in general has any kind of ties to the Wolverine program, its a chance of a lifetime, and that persons dream job. Despite being in a great situation at LSU with great talent and a great program, I think any offer from the Wolverines will be to hard, if not impossible, for Miles to pass up...

My Guess is, Miles will take the Michigan job...

As a Wolverines fan, it would be great to land a coach that can at least take a talent rich tema to national title contention. For the LSU Tigers, you may want to start putting your back up plan in place now because Miles is likely gone leaves...

It's no secret that Miles will take the UM job, and imo it is the wrong hire.

Did Michigan alum watch how many dumb decisions he made throughout the year.

LSU SHOULD be an 8-4 football team. Florida and Auburn should have beat LSU, and Les Miles got lucky simply because his players pulled through for him. I am not a result oriented thinker. Miles put his team's season on the line way too many times, and he is one of the worst decision makers I have ever seen.

Plus, a big reason LSU lost to Kentucky and Arkansas is because they don't rotate their DL, which gets exhausted in the 4th quarter. LSU's entire DL could start for Kentucky, yet Miles just thinks he should run his starters ragged out there. Ridiculous. You have Al Woods, Ricky Jean Francois, list goes on and on and none of these guys get much playing time.

Michigan fans will be disappointed in my opinion, but I will give Miles this. He can recruit and he is in the Big Ten now a much much easier conference than the SEC. I think the UM/OSU rivalry got more competitive now because while Miles is a bad decision maker, I think he developed the talent at LSU very well (but so did Carr at Michigan imo).
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 11-29-2007, 09:57 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

what about the M d-coordinator. I don't know his name, but he's kind of a badass, isn't he? Heck look at the defenses the last couple years. Just throwing that out there.

Comment

I don't follow the UM team all that well like a die hard so I wouldn't know if he is HC material.

I think a much better hire for UM would have been someone like Bobby Johnson from Vanderbilt. I think he is one of the most underrated coaches in the country. Also Wes Muscham, def. coor. from Auburn. Charlie Strong, def. coor. from Florida.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
        X