Coaching Pet Peeves -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Pet Peeves -

curious about peoples coaching decision pet peeves, here's three I can think of

1) not using a qb sneak on 4th and short

2) not identifying 4 down situations and calling your 3rd down play accordingly to make the 4th down at least more manageable.

3) not calling more hook & ladder's. I just love that play, I'd love to see it in the middle of the game sometimes, or perhaps on the first play of the game, or two times in a row, the defense won't expect it two times in a row.. I don't really know if it be effective but I'd enjoy watching it.

Last night pet peeve #1 bit me in the ass.

I sided with the wrong team, I can admit that much. GB's defense couldn't stop Dallas, and in hind sight perhaps I should of realized that the Dallas' defense would be prepared for GB's pass happy offense.

However all probably would of ended well for me if coaches understood the percentages on QB sneaks. GB marches down the field, has it 4th and short, and instead of going with a QB sneak which must work in these situations about 110% of the time the coach decided to kick a 51 yard field goal, which isn't as high a percentage they'll make it probably only like 70%, (I didn't research this as you might of guessed).

If they go for it, they make it, continue marching down the field, chew up more clock and still should of at least gotten a field goal, meaning Dallas' offense would of looked simply to run out the last bit of clock instead of drive down, and I would of escaped a misplaced bet with a push.

Still I had the wrong side, TO gave away 7 pts and Dallas is simply the better team.

The Packers had 142 yards in penalties. That killed them as well. Phantom PI call probably put the nail in the coffin.

But I agree... A 51-yard field goal isn't a sure bet. If it was from 41, I would have liked the call.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Coaching pet peeve No. 4: Kicking to Devin Hester!
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

My #1 pet peeve, whether I have money on the game or not, is team A driving, down 10 w/ 3:00 left in the game, nearing the opponents red zone.

It seems that invariably, team A will use up the entire remaining clock, trying to score the touchdown first. Leaving themselves - even with a successful onside kick - with no time for anything but a couple of hail-mary attempts.

Why more teams don't just stop right there, kick the 40 yard field goal, get within 7, and then try the onside kick with 2:00+ remaining. I've never understood that.

Comment

i would suggest doing a hook & ladder

Comment

Where’s my fake punt from the end zone!!?

Comment

Two words.

PREVENT
              DEFENSE
              Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
              Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
              Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
              Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

#1 Conservative Offenses

**** you Jet OCs!!!!
                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I get why you'd hate the conservative offenses but as an eagles fan I am tired of the run game being forgotten. For example forgotten when there are 4 minutes left and you in new england, and your on the 30 and there's westbrook in your backfield. Run the football, kill the clock, score, and win. Vs. say have feeley toss the ball to the safety.

Though Reid did have a great day overall all things considered

Comment

I like the kicker who hits 70% from 51 yards out.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                      #1 Conservative Offenses

**** you Jet OCs!!!!
                      That's tied for prevent D as the worst.
                      Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
                      Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
                      Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
                      Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

Comment

Working...
                      X